Travel Answers
Norfolk (County)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Is Dame Diana Rigg still performing: "No Turn Unstoned"? If so where should one but tickets?

London May 27, 2015 at 3:16 PM

Is Dame Diana Rigg still performing at the theaters in London? I understood she performed in "No Turn Unstoned". And if so where should one try for tickets. I looked at the internet and it seems not.

more
    • Bus routes in derriford Plymouth

Plymouth May 26, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Bus routes in derriford plymouth

more
    • Bikers cafe

New Brighton May 23, 2015 at 12:31 AM

Hi could people tell me he name of the cafe all the bikers park outside please. And on Monday the three ships line up, what is the best time to see them together, and from where in new Brighton!

Thanks

more
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Little off beat - cheap courier service from UK, london to India

London Yesterday

Hi,

Can anyone suggest any parcel service from London to India that sends parcels for a good price.. I have to send a 10 kg parcel. I have googled and found one but the general local ones are not easily available on the web. The one I found is in wembley which is sending for 27£ for 10 kg but need to take it from Victoria coach station to wembley. Any service near to Victoria..any better service with a good price.. Any idea on it Londoners???

more
    • poem In Liverpool museum in front of the liver bird building

Liverpool May 21, 2015 at 1:08 PM

there is a poem about Liverpool starting by I am...and it is like some sort of riddle.I can’t remember its name.
      does Anyone know it? It was in the museum
      Thank you!!

more
    • One evening only

Liverpool May 19, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Hello! I will attend a conference at the end of June and will have one evening only to explore Liverpool... Any must-dos? I will have been to the Cavern with a group the evening before, and one evening is the only spare time that I will have. Thanks for suggestions. (I will be based at the Hard days night hotel).

more
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Have you ever bought limited view tickets for Billy Elliot?

London May 15, 2015 at 1:16 AM

Hi I want to see Billy Elliot and I am getting a price of 38-47 pounds to see the play in limited view seats (second floor, first row)(london box office is selling the tickets). have you ever been there at Victoria Palace? Do you think it will be ok? Thank you!!

more
    • terminal two bag transfer

Heathrow May 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM

How do I collect my bags in terminal two from Unired Air and get them to departures check in at Aer Lingus?

more
    • Rental car or Bus

Lymington May 22, 2015 at 12:16 PM

We are a family of 4 people, going to Lymington on a 7 day vcation. Please advise whether we should hire a car or use bus service going around

more
    • HELP TO PLAN AND ROUTE

Lake District National Park May 7, 2015 at 3:01 AM

We are 4 adults who plan to do a 2 day whirlwind tour of the Lake District and Scotland.
      Our Dates of travel are fixed owing to certain other obligations.
      Our mode of transport is RAIL for London – Lake District – Edinburgh - London
      Our query is:
      Depart London by TRAIN on Wednesday, 15th. July 2015 -- Early Morning.
      Arrive Lake District and put bags in our B & B.
      Would like to tour the Lake District for the day.
      Night of 15th. in a Bed & Breakfast accommodation with 2 rooms in Double Occupancy.
      Depart Lake District by TRAIN on Thursday, 16th. July 2015 – Early Morning
      Arrive Edinburgh, Scotland and spend the day sightseeing and visiting a distillery @ woolen factory.
      Night of 16th. in a Hotel in Edinburgh with 2 rooms in Double Occupancy (+ B/F)
      17th. July - Spend the day sightseeing and board the TRAIN in the evening to arrive at London in the late evening.

We would appreciate your inputs and suggestions for :
      a. Return Train Tickets Booking – London – Lake District – Edinburgh - London
      b. B & B accommodation in Lake District
      c. Sightseeing in the Lake District
      d. Accommodation in Edinburgh
      e. Sightseeing in Edinburgh
      f. Any other suggestions / inputs to help in planning this trip

Thanks and regards

Jolly

more
    • MichaelJTopley's Profile Photo

Any Hidden Gems?

Lake District National Park May 5, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hi all, am new to the site. My fiancee and I are heading to Cockermouth in June and are wanting to know of any hidden gens within the lake district worth checking out. We are there for 7 days and want to try and fit as much in as possible.

Many thanks :)

more
    • lizdickie's Profile Photo

Short connection Terminal 5 and Terminal 2

Heathrow May 4, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I have booked flights with Singapore Airlines from Edinburgh to Singapore next month. I arrive at Heathrow Terminal 5 at 0925on a BA flight and leave from Terminal 2 with Singapore Airlines at 1130 so just over 2 hours connection time.
      Will this be enough? I'm not sure if I can check my suitcase through from Edinburgh as I don't think there is a Singapore Airlines check in there.(The BA ticket was bought through them though.)
      I'm panicking a little as, although I know Singapore Airlines will be obliged to get me back if I don't make the connection, all the later flights seem to be full and I have an onward connection to New Zealand that I need to get.
      I'd really appreciate any advice. 3

more
    • Car Hire Uk

Manchester May 29, 2015 at 11:24 PM

Flying into Manchester in September and departing Manchester end of December.Wanting to hire or aquire a car for 3 to 3.5 months.Any ideas on the cheapest way to do this?Thanks.

more
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Bath to stonehenge?

Bath May 27, 2015 at 2:18 AM

Hi,
      Can anyone please let me know which is the cheap and best way to reach stonehenge. Is it good to travel from southampton or from bath? And from whichever location it is best, how to go? Thanks in advance.

more
    • Wheelchair access

Newcastle upon Tyne May 17, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Hi, I'm off for a stag weekend in the next few days. Does anyone know which clubs and bars are wheelchair friendly/accessible and that have disabled toilets to hand? Any response is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

more
    • AGE FOR CLUBS NEWCASTLE

Newcastle upon Tyne May 27, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Hi, i will be traveling to newcastle in a few weeks time, just wondering the age limit of most of the clubs as i have 2 18 yr olds with me

more
    • Transit visa requirement between terminal 4 and 5 at Heathrow

Heathrow May 20, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Hi iam an Indian passport holder. I have booked though an american airlines ticket from Doha to Vancouver(Canada) via LHR. Iam arriving by a Qatar airways plane from doha and landing at terminal 4 at afternoon at 13.15pm. My next flight from LHR to vancouver by a british airways plane starts at 17.15 pm from terminal 5. Now do i need a transit visa to move from terminal 4 to terminal 5. I had confirmed from airlines that my luggages will be though booked.

more
    • Malaysian citizen flying into LHR, then on to Geneva

Heathrow May 12, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I fly from Kuala Lumpur to land LHR T4 on 21 June, 4.20pm. I plan to take a BA flight to Geneva departing at 8.00pm. Do I have sufficient time for immigration custom and the terminal transfer and then check in for this BA flight? Hope someone know this can help me. Thanks a lot.

more
    • Can we undergo US security checks at Heathrow ?

Heathrow May 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM

I'll be traveling from Mumbai, India to Gainesville, Florida. For that I have to board a flight at Mumbai which will drop me at Heathrow. I have layover time of about 8 hours at Heathrow, from where I'll be traveling to Miami. And from Miami to Gainesville. But the layover at Miami is only 2 hours, which from what I've heard, is very less for completing immigration checks. So, I was wondering if there is any provision of conducting US security checks at Heathrow instead of Miami?

During the search for this answer, I came across this post. This looks to be 2014 news. I'm not sure though, whether this has been implemented or not.

Could anyone please confirm the same?

Or, is it possible to complete immigration checks at Miami airport within 2 hours ?

Thanks.

more
    • Fare for china airlines

Heathrow May 4, 2015 at 9:57 PM

hello everyone... me and my mum are deciding to travell to usa from india via china airlines..but i just cant figure out the fare from their site..do you know the fare for economy class and family coach and premium economy

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

When buying and paying for train tickets on line, how do I get the actual tickets?

London May 26, 2015 at 2:40 AM

When buying and paying for train tickets on line, how do I get the actual tickets? After paying can I print them or do I pick them at the departing station? We are traveling June 18th Edinburgh>York then two days later York>London. They can't mail them as we are leaving too soon for them to post them. This is our first time buying advance tickets, thank you.

more
    • How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle

Heathrow May 23, 2015 at 4:30 AM

How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle by train with minimum changeover

more
    • DLM3718's Profile Photo

Britrail England Pass vs Railcard

England May 18, 2015 at 6:11 AM

I am visiting Europe for approx 1 month and will be spending the first 6 days in England, using London as a HUB point to stay and taking day-trips around the area. I have done research and am stuck between getting a Britrail England Pass for $218 or getting a youth railcard for $30 which offers 34% off train fares... for convenient/affordable travel on those day trips.

Was wondering if anyone had any insight? I figured the railcard will give me a little more flexibility and could potentially save me more money if I take less trips out of London than I am planning but the Britrail England Pass is much more convenient for getting on/off trains and not having to worry about tickets.

more
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

A day in London

London Yesterday

Hi,

I have visited the general tourist places London Eye, Parliament houses, big ben, westminster abbey,Tower bridge, Madame Tussauds, Buckingham palace, Piccadilly.
      I am planning to be there for a day and I know London has so much to it other than the above..St. Paul's Cathedral, British museum is on my list. Want to do something as the loacalites do there.. Any suggestions on places to visit, veg foods to try...Thanks in advance.

more
    • jackandthebeanstock's Profile Photo

Does the Visitor In Transit visa allow me to leave the airport?

Heathrow May 5, 2015 at 3:06 AM

Hello,

I have a 15 hr overnight layover at Heathrow and I am thinking to go and check out London since it will be my first time there.

My questions are:

1. Am I allowed to leave the airport with the transit visa and then return to continue my flight?
      2. Do the trains or buses to and from the airport operate 24/7?
      3. Is there a place that you recommend a first time visitor to check out at night? (A mall, street, park etc.)

more

Popular Norfolk (County) Travel Answer Locations

• the market

Hunstanton Mar 15, 2015 at 1:09 PM

hi i hear there is a good market nearby what sells good quality product is this correct and where and what is the name of it plz

3 Answers Mar 15, 2015 at 2:07 PM
    • moving to upwell/outwell Nofolk uk

Upwell Jan 20, 2015 at 3:32 AM

Hi, myself and family (wife and 7yr old Daughter) are thinking of moving from a small Essex town to Norfolk and have seen several houses in upwell/outwell and we are coming to view some shortly. What is life like in the village ? Are the local people friendly especially to newcomers ? is the road running through the village very busy ? also are there nice quiet country walks close by ? thank you for taking the time to reply its very much appreciated. Regards Harry

4 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 5:18 AM
    • Public Transport

Cromer Aug 17, 2014 at 6:01 AM

Is there a bus from Cromer to Norwich?
      Thankyou

7 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 9:16 AM
    • where to go for

Norwich Apr 29, 2014 at 10:44 AM

good food with live music in norwich city center for age 40 plus?

2 Answers May 11, 2014 at 10:33 AM
    • emahsieh's Profile Photo

How can I go to Norwich from Bath?

Norwich May 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I plan to visit London on June 18. And then I will visit Bath on June 23. From Bath I would like to visit Norwich on July 1. Finally on July I plan to leave Norwich directly to Heathrow Airport in London. What kind of mas transportation I can take for the journey?

4 Answers May 14, 2013 at 5:09 AM
    • Nishk87's Profile Photo

Help with Good Locations to Live

Norwich Jul 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Hi VTers,

I'm moving to Norwich next year but I don't know what areas are good to live in. I'll need to be near the university or near the bus routes which can take me to the uni easily.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

• Nishk87's Profile Photo

Hostels or Cheap Hotels for One Night

Norwich Jun 21, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Hi VTers,

Can anyone recommend a cheap hostel or hostel in Norwich please? The searches on google and www.hostelbookers.com are proving to be a futile and I was wondering if anyone had some great local knowledge on a place I could stay overnight.

Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 21, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    • Uvex's Profile Photo

Visit

Norwich May 11, 2010 at 9:06 PM

My friend and I will visit a friend in Norwich in July 2010.
      Does anyone know if there are any reasonably-priced B&B or Hostel for one night stay?
      I hope there will be private bathroom for either the B&B or hostel, and hope it can be in the city area.

Thank you for your help.

9 Answers Mar 27, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    • smeans2's Profile Photo

Seek coastal drive; no churches, please!

Norfolk (County) May 10, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Hi. I'm am American visiting East Anglia for the first time. I just spent a week in Suffolk, mostly village- and church-hopping. I arrived in Norfolk today, and I just want to see Norfolk, no more churches just yet. I'd particularly like to see the coast, but there's a lot of it. Can someone suggest a nice day out on the coast (no churches, please)? Single traveler; enjoy nature, scenery; not looking for resort towns or crowded beaches. In fact, it would be great to find a great beach with nobody on it but me :-) Heaven. I'm centrally located and love to drive. Thanks. --Spencer

3 Answers May 11, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    • djhartmannn's Profile Photo

Local Artists

Norfolk (County) May 6, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Not looking to go gallery hopping, but am looking for nicely-talented local artists who do works depicting the Cambridgeshire-Suffolk-Norfolk area.

Something to capture my stay in eastern England without breaking the bank.

3 Answers May 6, 2010 at 2:25 PM
    • kanjon's Profile Photo

Norwich to Sheringham?

Norwich Feb 26, 2010 at 3:51 AM

Hello!

I am visiting Norfolk to do research for my studies. I need to go from Norwich to Sheringham and from Norwich to Attleborough and would, due to time-pressure like to know which way/means would be the fastest to go? Can anybody help me, please? I have browsed the major search engines, but have not really got a grip of it. I will make these journeys during week-days, preferrably early in the mornings.

Also, is there any way to lower the fares on the train from Stansted to Norwich and from Norwich to Harpenden (week-days) by ordering tickets beforehand etc.?

I am happt for any help with this.

Thank you,

/Karin

14 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    • anitpotter's Profile Photo

local VT meet

Norwich Feb 10, 2010 at 3:14 PM

hi
      im new here but have found this site really valuable in the last few days as ive been struggling with travel plans. im now off for 2 weeks but wonder whethre there have been any local norwich meets or whether anyone would be interested in coming along to one? i was thinking just a midweek meet in a pub or something?

6 Answers Feb 26, 2010 at 12:48 AM
    • djhartmannn's Profile Photo

Best way to see the seals on the Norfolk Coast

Norfolk (County) Nov 15, 2009 at 8:23 AM

When is the best time of year and what is the best launching port/method to get the best view of the seals on the Norfolk Coast? Can you get a good viewing by foot or must it be done by boat?

3 Answers Nov 15, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Boat Cruise in Norwich by City Boats - when to be at the Quay?

Norwich Aug 10, 2009 at 3:52 AM

I would like to take the sightseeing boat through Norwich by City Boats. It's scheduled to depart from Elm Hill Quay at 11:15 am.There's a train which arrives in Norwich at 10:30.
      How long does it take to walk from the train station to Elm Hill Quay? It doesn't look very far on the map, but I don't know how early I would have to be at the quay.
      Departure and arival times are subject to the tide, it says on the website.
      Has anyone done a cruise with them? Did the boat leave earlier than scheduled?

7 Answers Aug 19, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    • How to get from North Walsham to Hunstanton

Norfolk (County) Feb 24, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Is the CoastHopper bus from Sheringham/Cromer to Hunstanton the only and/or best way to get from North Walsham to Hunstanton by public transport? Anyone know how much a taxi would cost?
      Thanks

3 Answers Feb 24, 2009 at 10:03 AM
    • crazyman2's Profile Photo

hotel or B & B in Kings Lynn

King's Lynn Aug 11, 2008 at 9:44 AM

Hi

We were talking to a couple of people in Lavenham last Autumn and they recommended a hotel or B & B in or near Kings Lynn. They told us that it overlooked some mudflats fairly close to a harbour and that the accommodation was excellent.

Yes! You've guessed it! We can't recall the name of the place! Can you help? If not, is there somewhere along the north Norfolk coast that you would recommend for three or four days in October?

Many thanks!

crazyman2 Stephen

3 Answers Dec 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    • boating norfolk broads

Norwich Jul 31, 2008 at 11:41 AM

I would like to know if there is anywhere I can hire a small boat for a long weekend in september for 2 adults.

3 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    • moonshinesinga's Profile Photo

Accomadations Norfolk Area

Norfolk (County) Jul 18, 2008 at 2:57 AM

We will be heading over to Norfolk from Pimlico 20 & 21 August. I have searched for accomadations and wanted to know if anyone might have info on a few hotels..bad or good.

Beechwood Hotel - North Walsham
      Cley Windmill - Holt
      The Hoste Arms - Burnham Market
      The Jockey - Burnham Market

We would be open to B&B's as well as locations in North Norfolk.

Thanks so much!
      Debe

• Soulful house clubs in Norwich

Norwich Sep 21, 2007 at 2:48 AM

I am having to stay in Norwich this evening and I would like to know an upmarket restaurant and good club to go to preferably with mixed crowd. Many Thanks Haon.

1 Answer Apr 3, 2008 at 8:18 AM
    • BerniShand's Profile Photo

SEAFOOD

Cromer May 30, 2006 at 4:29 AM

We have some special friends coming to visit and thought we would take the to Cromer, as its famous for its crabs and they LOVE seafood Id be grateful for recommendations for a really great seafood resteraunt in or around Cromer

2 Answers Sep 20, 2006 at 2:17 AM
    • funnyl's Profile Photo

City Centre Accommodation

Norwich Sep 16, 2005 at 5:35 AM

Hello, does anyone know of reasonably priced double accommodation in the City, close to the Cathedral please? Around 40-50£...most b&b's are full for the date I'd like. Thankyou.

3 Answers Aug 9, 2007 at 11:24 AM
    • magdaha's Profile Photo

People from Norwich

Norwich Jun 9, 2005 at 2:09 AM

Hi
      I'm looking for somebody from Norwich. I've just moved around so I would like to know something about interesting places etc

1 Answer Aug 21, 2007 at 6:23 AM
    • marekg's Profile Photo

taxis?

Norfolk (County) May 2, 2005 at 5:42 AM

how much are the taxis in Norwich? I might need to get from the train/bus station with a lot of luggage to a village south of NR, 5 to 10 miles

5 Answers May 5, 2005 at 1:29 AM
    • marekg's Profile Photo

how much is the bike?

Norfolk (County) Feb 8, 2005 at 3:45 AM

hi, seems I`ll have certain troubles with getting around Norwich & South Norfolk so the bike is going to be the best transport mean. I`m considering the move of my current bike to UK and the purchase of another one on-site. So: How much are the bikes in Norfolk? I need nothing special, ordinary trekking (or tourer or how do you call it), need not be new too, second-hand is ok as well. Where to find bike shop in Norwich? (event. having web site). Are the helmets oligatory? thanks

6 Answers Oct 16, 2005 at 12:37 PM
    • marekg's Profile Photo

norwich: info wanted

Norfolk (County) Feb 3, 2005 at 5:54 AM

hi, I am going to stay in Norwich area for a certain time, could you give me an info on: - the cost of living: accomodation in boarding house / privete room / room rent / flat rent and the food (how much do you spent on foodstaff a week/month. - the transportation: how are buses around Norwich - where to find info on these above on the web (online bus/train timetables) thanks

2 Answers Mar 14, 2005 at 2:21 PM
    • debika's Profile Photo

Camping in Norfolk

Norfolk (County) Aug 13, 2004 at 3:35 AM

Have heard that Norfolk is stunning and would like to spend bank holiday camping somewhere in the Norfolk Broads...any recommendations as to places? I love going for long walks in country so would like somewhere picturesque...typical old English village type place... Thanks very much

4 Answers Mar 14, 2005 at 2:25 PM
    • Delwin's Profile Photo

Where to go for a day?

Norwich Jul 23, 2004 at 11:43 AM

Hi, I'm in Norwich for the James Taylor concert Saturday at Blickling hall. Any recommendations for must see places in Norwich? If I park at the hall will I spend hours getting out? If so is there an alternative? Thanks D

2 Answers Nov 21, 2004 at 8:13 AM