Norfolk (County)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Night out in Stockport

Stockport Aug 14, 2015 at 12:38 PM

I am visiting Stockport plaza Saturday night after that still want to go out any ideas I am 50!and I like soul and Motown music any ideas

more
    • nightlife

Hartlepool Aug 12, 2015 at 3:46 AM

Is it safe to go in pubs I am a young 50 any Good nightclubs in area also Middlesbrough and stockton

more
    • Transit Visa

Heathrow Aug 18, 2015 at 2:14 AM

I am an Indian citizen travelling to USA from Mumbai. I am flying first time on U.S. student visa via London through British Airways. I am landing on terminal 5 heathrow and will require to move to terminal 3 for my next flight of British Airways to Chicago. My layover in London is 18 hours. I want to know if any transit visa is required. It is be noted that I have throughout ticket to Chicago through British Airways.

more
    • Transit Visa

Heathrow Jul 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM

This is in continuation to my earlier question answered by you. My airlines says that I need to check in the baggage again(though I will be having hand baggage only).
      So the facts are that
      1. I am Indian citizen having a valid canada visa
      2. will need to change terminals 2 to 4 for taking the connecting air canada flight. (Air india and air canada flight tickets booked on same ticket with a time gap of 3 hrs)
      3. Airlines say that I need to check in the baggage again (though I will be having hand baggage only).

So what do you suggest should I get the transit visa and which type

more
    • How long to clear terminal 5 customs?

Heathrow Aug 24, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Hi, I'm travelling from Bangkok, Thailand, tomorrow and land at 18:30 terminal 5. Any idea how long it will take to get to the train station with customs etc..? Many thanks

more
    • mahalheart's Profile Photo

transfer from airport to buckingham palace

London Aug 19, 2015 at 11:42 PM

from heathrow airport to buckingham palace, how much would a taxi fare cost ? around noon time on a weekday

more
    • Is a 2 Hour connection time (arrival and departure both from T5) sufficient ?

Heathrow Aug 17, 2015 at 9:52 AM

I will have a 2 hour 10 minute connection time between my flights (both of them arriving/departing T5). I will be traveling with an infant, will be on Business Class tickets (not sure if LHR Fast Track is any help?). Is this doable?

BA-143 DEL to LHR and BA-193 LHR to DFW. (It seems these flights will undergo a schedule change from their current timing which allows a fair connection time to a new time which makes this connection tricky for me)

more
    • Dog friendly

Minehead Aug 5, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Which attractions here are dog friendly?

more
    • gatwick-harlow

London Aug 21, 2015 at 3:30 PM

hello!
      i have two questions please:
      1- how to get from gatwick airport to harlow?
      2- how to travel from harlow to bow road?
      please include the fares ( preferably lowest possible) and if oyster cards or passes are applicable

thanks!!

more
    • Tube strike

London Aug 17, 2015 at 12:32 AM

I need to get from Victoria to Euston next Friday during the tube strike. Should I try to get a bus, taxi, or just walk with my wheelie case?

more
    • bus to cockington

Cockington Aug 3, 2015 at 12:41 AM

Hi can we take dogs on the 62 bus and can we use our torbay day riders issued by stagecoach

more

buckingham palace tour

London Jul 31, 2015 at 6:30 PM

I arrive at 11;30 am at heathrow terminal 2,   I plan on making a reservation for a 2 hour buckingham palace tour   in september  at 1515    3;15 PM    do I have enought time to take the train  to make the 315 pm tour  I want to be there no at least half an hour before the tour starts

more
    • transit visa

Heathrow Jul 30, 2015 at 7:28 AM

I am an Indian Citizen. I shall be travelling to Canada. My Flight AI115 shall arrive at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4at 11:55 hours on 30th Aug,2015. Then the flight AI7309 departs at 15:00 hours same day after a gap of just 3 hours from terminal 2.
      I have a valid visa for canada. Please let me know whether I need a transit visa for UK? If yes, then what type? I aso have following queries: while changing the terminals in heathrow ie from terminal 2 to 4 will i be leaving the airport, will i be aiside or landside and will i be crossing uk border.

more
    • Early morning bus or train to Stansted?

London Jul 29, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I need a bus or train on early morning (4 am) to go on Stansted and take a flight on 6:30am from Great Dover Street or Waterloo Station.

How difficult can it be? I'm checking all coaches/bus sites and find nothing.

more
    • visiting /sightseeing

Lake District National Park 19 hours ago

- What are the most scenic and accessible- by car - thing/places to visit in the Lake D NP?

Any reasonable place to stay?
      Great hikes - 3-4 hours?
      Thanks,
      Michael

more
    • Heathrow connection

Heathrow Aug 26, 2015 at 9:21 AM

I am a U.S. Citizen. I have a connecting flight from Budapest to Heathrow back to the U.S. Do I have to clear anything or go back thru screening or anything? Or do I just get to the next gate. It is the same airline all the way, American Airlines. Thank you.

more
    • I'll getting married in 1 MAY,2016

Newcastle upon Tyne Aug 21, 2015 at 10:49 PM

I'll getting married in 1 MAY,2016,but i don't want to bring so many things to the wedding address at Newcastle.
      At least we need stay there for 5 days,and rent lots of things.

more

travel time from heathrow airport to buckingham palace

London Aug 20, 2015 at 4:14 PM

how long does it take to travel from the airport to buckingham palace, by train, or taxi

more
    • Stansted airport to Central London

England Aug 6, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Hello, I am arrivind to Stansted airport, and trying to take the National Express (bus or coach) to get to Central London.
      Which station should I get off?? Thanks

more
    • Stay in terminal 3=going through security again??

Heathrow Aug 1, 2015 at 3:29 PM

We have a short layover at Heathrow. We are arriving from the USA on British Airways in terminal 3 and departing for Prague from terminal 3 in an hour and 20 minutes on British Airways. Will we have to go through security again? If so, will we have enough time? We don't travel until November so we do have time to reschedule out flights if this is going to be a problem. (I have heard horror stories about Heathrow from many of my friends.)

more
    • Kings Cross underground picadilly line to National Rail to York

London Jul 31, 2015 at 4:02 AM

I will be coming from Heathrow via the tube on the Piccadilly line to Kings Cross and have booked tickets to travel to York on the East Coast National Rail. Can I ask is the tube line in the same location as the National Rail for this connection? I'm guessing the tube is underground and the rail above it? correct? or please give me detailed instructions on how to make this connection with luggage in tow.

more
    • Meeting passengers transferring flights at Heathrow

Ascot Jul 31, 2015 at 2:28 AM

My daughter is flying in to Terminal 4 and then taking the Flight Connections free bus to Terminal 3 where her flight takes off 3 hours later. Am I right in assuming I will be able to meet her in Departures at T3 for a while before she then has to go back through security and flies back to the USA?

Thank you!

more
    • Heathrow T3

Heathrow Aug 24, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Hi I'm arriving from America in October - arriving at T3. I need to collect luggage, head through security and head to the Heathrow express to Paddington and then catch subway Kings Cross then train to Leeds. Its cheaper to book an advanced single ticket to Leeds but need to know how much time to allow so I can book a fixed time. Any ideas?

more
    • luggage and connection.

Heathrow Aug 23, 2015 at 4:48 AM

I will be returning from San Francisco to LHR to connect to Manchester. I have 1hr to get my connection. Do I have to pick up my luggage first or will it go directly to Manchester? my flights are with BA. I know 1hr is a bit tight but I am not to bothered if i miss the connection and end up on another flight as it is my return journey.

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Fullers brewery tour

London Aug 13, 2015 at 1:47 AM

A question for women (or men wearing skirts..). My husband red somewhere one shouldn´t use too "fluttery" (or something like that) clothes at brewery tour. I only wear skirts (if you don´t count walking trips with the dogs..) and my skirts are really long. All my summer skirts are quite thin, and I´d rather not take jeans skirt with me (we have only hand luggage) because it´s so warm and takes a lot of place at bag. We are leaving tomorrow.
      Has anyone been there with skirt? How strikt is this thing? Could I go with quite narrow jersey skirts, even it is not a "pencil skirt", it can "flutter" a LITTLE.. Or maybe I could take some rubber bands and tighten the tail? I don´t find info on their page, and I must pack up my bag tonight, since we will leave at noon tomorrow.

more

Popular Norfolk (County) Travel Answer Locations

• the market

Hunstanton Mar 15, 2015 at 1:09 PM

hi i hear there is a good market nearby what sells good quality product is this correct and where and what is the name of it plz

3 Answers Mar 15, 2015 at 2:07 PM
    • moving to upwell/outwell Nofolk uk

Upwell Jan 20, 2015 at 3:32 AM

Hi, myself and family (wife and 7yr old Daughter) are thinking of moving from a small Essex town to Norfolk and have seen several houses in upwell/outwell and we are coming to view some shortly. What is life like in the village ? Are the local people friendly especially to newcomers ? is the road running through the village very busy ? also are there nice quiet country walks close by ? thank you for taking the time to reply its very much appreciated. Regards Harry

4 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 5:18 AM
    • Public Transport

Cromer Aug 17, 2014 at 6:01 AM

Is there a bus from Cromer to Norwich?
      Thankyou

7 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 9:16 AM
    • where to go for

Norwich Apr 29, 2014 at 10:44 AM

good food with live music in norwich city center for age 40 plus?

2 Answers May 11, 2014 at 10:33 AM
    • emahsieh's Profile Photo

How can I go to Norwich from Bath?

Norwich May 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I plan to visit London on June 18. And then I will visit Bath on June 23. From Bath I would like to visit Norwich on July 1. Finally on July I plan to leave Norwich directly to Heathrow Airport in London. What kind of mas transportation I can take for the journey?

4 Answers May 14, 2013 at 5:09 AM
    • Nishk87's Profile Photo

Help with Good Locations to Live

Norwich Jul 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Hi VTers,

I'm moving to Norwich next year but I don't know what areas are good to live in. I'll need to be near the university or near the bus routes which can take me to the uni easily.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

2 Answers Jun 17, 2015 at 12:50 PM
    • Nishk87's Profile Photo

Hostels or Cheap Hotels for One Night

Norwich Jun 21, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Hi VTers,

Can anyone recommend a cheap hostel or hostel in Norwich please? The searches on google and www.hostelbookers.com are proving to be a futile and I was wondering if anyone had some great local knowledge on a place I could stay overnight.

Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 21, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    • Uvex's Profile Photo

Visit

Norwich May 11, 2010 at 9:06 PM

My friend and I will visit a friend in Norwich in July 2010.
      Does anyone know if there are any reasonably-priced B&B or Hostel for one night stay?
      I hope there will be private bathroom for either the B&B or hostel, and hope it can be in the city area.

Thank you for your help.

9 Answers Mar 27, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    • smeans2's Profile Photo

Seek coastal drive; no churches, please!

Norfolk (County) May 10, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Hi. I'm am American visiting East Anglia for the first time. I just spent a week in Suffolk, mostly village- and church-hopping. I arrived in Norfolk today, and I just want to see Norfolk, no more churches just yet. I'd particularly like to see the coast, but there's a lot of it. Can someone suggest a nice day out on the coast (no churches, please)? Single traveler; enjoy nature, scenery; not looking for resort towns or crowded beaches. In fact, it would be great to find a great beach with nobody on it but me :-) Heaven. I'm centrally located and love to drive. Thanks. --Spencer

3 Answers May 11, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    • djhartmannn's Profile Photo

Local Artists

Norfolk (County) May 6, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Not looking to go gallery hopping, but am looking for nicely-talented local artists who do works depicting the Cambridgeshire-Suffolk-Norfolk area.

Something to capture my stay in eastern England without breaking the bank.

3 Answers May 6, 2010 at 2:25 PM
    • kanjon's Profile Photo

Norwich to Sheringham?

Norwich Feb 26, 2010 at 3:51 AM

Hello!

I am visiting Norfolk to do research for my studies. I need to go from Norwich to Sheringham and from Norwich to Attleborough and would, due to time-pressure like to know which way/means would be the fastest to go? Can anybody help me, please? I have browsed the major search engines, but have not really got a grip of it. I will make these journeys during week-days, preferrably early in the mornings.

Also, is there any way to lower the fares on the train from Stansted to Norwich and from Norwich to Harpenden (week-days) by ordering tickets beforehand etc.?

I am happt for any help with this.

Thank you,

/Karin

14 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    • anitpotter's Profile Photo

local VT meet

Norwich Feb 10, 2010 at 3:14 PM

hi
      im new here but have found this site really valuable in the last few days as ive been struggling with travel plans. im now off for 2 weeks but wonder whethre there have been any local norwich meets or whether anyone would be interested in coming along to one? i was thinking just a midweek meet in a pub or something?

6 Answers Feb 26, 2010 at 12:48 AM
    • djhartmannn's Profile Photo

Best way to see the seals on the Norfolk Coast

Norfolk (County) Nov 15, 2009 at 8:23 AM

When is the best time of year and what is the best launching port/method to get the best view of the seals on the Norfolk Coast? Can you get a good viewing by foot or must it be done by boat?

3 Answers Nov 15, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Boat Cruise in Norwich by City Boats - when to be at the Quay?

Norwich Aug 10, 2009 at 3:52 AM

I would like to take the sightseeing boat through Norwich by City Boats. It's scheduled to depart from Elm Hill Quay at 11:15 am.There's a train which arrives in Norwich at 10:30.
      How long does it take to walk from the train station to Elm Hill Quay? It doesn't look very far on the map, but I don't know how early I would have to be at the quay.
      Departure and arival times are subject to the tide, it says on the website.
      Has anyone done a cruise with them? Did the boat leave earlier than scheduled?

7 Answers Aug 19, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    • How to get from North Walsham to Hunstanton

Norfolk (County) Feb 24, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Is the CoastHopper bus from Sheringham/Cromer to Hunstanton the only and/or best way to get from North Walsham to Hunstanton by public transport? Anyone know how much a taxi would cost?
      Thanks

3 Answers Feb 24, 2009 at 10:03 AM
    • crazyman2's Profile Photo

hotel or B & B in Kings Lynn

King's Lynn Aug 11, 2008 at 9:44 AM

Hi

We were talking to a couple of people in Lavenham last Autumn and they recommended a hotel or B & B in or near Kings Lynn. They told us that it overlooked some mudflats fairly close to a harbour and that the accommodation was excellent.

Yes! You've guessed it! We can't recall the name of the place! Can you help? If not, is there somewhere along the north Norfolk coast that you would recommend for three or four days in October?

Many thanks!

crazyman2 Stephen

3 Answers Dec 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    • boating norfolk broads

Norwich Jul 31, 2008 at 11:41 AM

I would like to know if there is anywhere I can hire a small boat for a long weekend in september for 2 adults.

3 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    • moonshinesinga's Profile Photo

Accomadations Norfolk Area

Norfolk (County) Jul 18, 2008 at 2:57 AM

We will be heading over to Norfolk from Pimlico 20 & 21 August. I have searched for accomadations and wanted to know if anyone might have info on a few hotels..bad or good.

Beechwood Hotel - North Walsham
      Cley Windmill - Holt
      The Hoste Arms - Burnham Market
      The Jockey - Burnham Market

We would be open to B&B's as well as locations in North Norfolk.

Thanks so much!
      Debe

• Soulful house clubs in Norwich

Norwich Sep 21, 2007 at 2:48 AM

I am having to stay in Norwich this evening and I would like to know an upmarket restaurant and good club to go to preferably with mixed crowd. Many Thanks Haon.

1 Answer Apr 3, 2008 at 8:18 AM
    • BerniShand's Profile Photo

SEAFOOD

Cromer May 30, 2006 at 4:29 AM

We have some special friends coming to visit and thought we would take the to Cromer, as its famous for its crabs and they LOVE seafood Id be grateful for recommendations for a really great seafood resteraunt in or around Cromer

2 Answers Sep 20, 2006 at 2:17 AM
    • funnyl's Profile Photo

City Centre Accommodation

Norwich Sep 16, 2005 at 5:35 AM

Hello, does anyone know of reasonably priced double accommodation in the City, close to the Cathedral please? Around 40-50£...most b&b's are full for the date I'd like. Thankyou.

3 Answers Aug 9, 2007 at 11:24 AM
    • magdaha's Profile Photo

People from Norwich

Norwich Jun 9, 2005 at 2:09 AM

Hi
      I'm looking for somebody from Norwich. I've just moved around so I would like to know something about interesting places etc

1 Answer Aug 21, 2007 at 6:23 AM
    • marekg's Profile Photo

taxis?

Norfolk (County) May 2, 2005 at 5:42 AM

how much are the taxis in Norwich? I might need to get from the train/bus station with a lot of luggage to a village south of NR, 5 to 10 miles

5 Answers May 5, 2005 at 1:29 AM
    • marekg's Profile Photo

how much is the bike?

Norfolk (County) Feb 8, 2005 at 3:45 AM

hi, seems I`ll have certain troubles with getting around Norwich & South Norfolk so the bike is going to be the best transport mean. I`m considering the move of my current bike to UK and the purchase of another one on-site. So: How much are the bikes in Norfolk? I need nothing special, ordinary trekking (or tourer or how do you call it), need not be new too, second-hand is ok as well. Where to find bike shop in Norwich? (event. having web site). Are the helmets oligatory? thanks

6 Answers Oct 16, 2005 at 12:37 PM
    • marekg's Profile Photo

norwich: info wanted

Norfolk (County) Feb 3, 2005 at 5:54 AM

hi, I am going to stay in Norwich area for a certain time, could you give me an info on: - the cost of living: accomodation in boarding house / privete room / room rent / flat rent and the food (how much do you spent on foodstaff a week/month. - the transportation: how are buses around Norwich - where to find info on these above on the web (online bus/train timetables) thanks

2 Answers Mar 14, 2005 at 2:21 PM
    • debika's Profile Photo

Camping in Norfolk

Norfolk (County) Aug 13, 2004 at 3:35 AM

Have heard that Norfolk is stunning and would like to spend bank holiday camping somewhere in the Norfolk Broads...any recommendations as to places? I love going for long walks in country so would like somewhere picturesque...typical old English village type place... Thanks very much

4 Answers Mar 14, 2005 at 2:25 PM
    • Delwin's Profile Photo

Where to go for a day?

Norwich Jul 23, 2004 at 11:43 AM

Hi, I'm in Norwich for the James Taylor concert Saturday at Blickling hall. Any recommendations for must see places in Norwich? If I park at the hall will I spend hours getting out? If so is there an alternative? Thanks D

2 Answers Nov 21, 2004 at 8:13 AM