Norfolk (County)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Nightlife in Eastbourne

Eastbourne Apr 16, 2014 at 3:09 PM

What are the options for best nightlife in eastbourne during easter weekend

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 4:01 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock

more
    • accommodation nightlife

Bournemouth Apr 21, 2014 at 4:15 AM

for a 3 night break thursday/saturday, where would you stay if: you were 60, thinking, feeling 40, most of the time; also, what kind of nightlife/bars would you look for

more
    • Separately booked flights - Checked bag collection

Heathrow Apr 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I have booked my flights separately (coming in and going out of LHR). Do I need to exit the transit area, means do I need go through immigration/customs just to collect my checked bags and board the next flight?
      Thank you for your help and time!

more
    • wimbledon-things to do?

Wimbledon Apr 16, 2014 at 3:27 PM

what is there do see or do if there is no tennis

more
    • Hotel & Airport Transport

Southampton Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock or on the hill

more
    • Rainbow Cottage MALTON

Malton Apr 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Hi, My husband and I are planning a trip to UK and am wondering if anyone knows if Rainbow Cottage in Malton still exists. My grandmother was born there in 1897 and her brother was born in Norton.. We are travelling from Australia and will be our first visit to the UK. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Advice on Burslem, Please?

Stoke-upon-Trent Apr 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Hi. It looks like I'm going to have to relocate from the East Midlands to Burslem and I really need the (sensible) advice of Stoke residents about a particular neighbourhood.

It's the Joseph Street/Billinge Street/Lyndhurst Street neighbourhood, on the north side of Newcastle Street.

Is it a bearable area to live in? Or does it have any sort of a reputation for stuff like antisocial student behaviour or any other kind of antisocial behaviour?

I must say it looks pretty seedy on Google Street View, but then that's Stoke for you, isn't it? It's an unpretentious, scuffed sort of post-industrial city and famous for it, but the folk who live there are supposed to be okay. Mind you, I appreciate that areas can change very swiftly indeed these days due to economic migration, so frankly I don't know what to assume about that particular neighbourhood.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks.

more
    • Diving Lundy

Clovelly Apr 18, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Hi,
      We are staying/diving on Lundy Island but picking a dive boat up from Clovelly.
      With heavy dive equipment we need to drop off dive & camping equipment to the boat & leave 2-3 cars in Clovelly.
      Could you please advise on dropping off equipment & 3 days parking close to the habour....!!!!!!

more
    • jbinllb's Profile Photo

Accommodations

London Apr 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Tossing around the idea of picking up a pair of tickets to the Monty Python show at the O2 in July, most probably on the 20th. My son (27) and I (57) would be attending together, and spending 4 or 5 days in London, arriving by air to either Heathrow or Gatwick. Looking for suggestions for accommodations - easy access from/to the airport would be nice, easy access to the O2 (tube okay) even better; room doesn't need to be 5 star, just clean and safe - hotel, hostel, b&b all okay. Thanks!

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Excell expedition centre

London Apr 4, 2014 at 8:15 AM

How do i get to the excell expedition centre in London,from victoria coach station,and how long roughly will it take me to get there

more
    • whats on in goathland

Goathland Apr 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM

is there anything special happening in goathland on 22nd june 2014 as im going on a coach trip there on that day

more
    • grand national 2014

Blackpool Mar 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM

looking to find a bus that will be running from blackpool to aintree on the 5th april for grand national day trip

more
    • how to get around on public transport

Newquay Apr 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

where are the best place's to see and how to get around on public transport thank you

more
    • Good (!) Indian restaurant

London Apr 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I was wondering where are the best spots to eat Indian food in London. I know about Brick Lane but is it really

more
    • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Harwich cruise logistics

London Apr 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I'm looking at the logistics for a Harwich - Copenhagen cruise. It's been some time since I've been in London, but never found the trains too difficult. Any suggestions my thoughts of staying a few days in London, then taking the train to Harwich in the AM to board the ship? Or would it be better to travel the day before and overnight in Harwich just to be on the safe side of the trip?

At the end I'm debating on taking Easyjet (or other) from Copenhagen back to London to attempt at some round trip savings on air fare from SAN in the US as opposed to two one-way trips. Thoughts from those that travel Europe frequently?

more
    • distance in miles

Manchester Mar 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM

how far is wythenshaw forum from piccadilly train station in miles in a taxi how much should it coszt

more
    • MatteoT's Profile Photo

toxteth visit

Liverpool Apr 18, 2014 at 5:40 AM

hi everyone!
      My name's Matteo and i'm italian

i'll be in liverpool for my first time next week and in particular i'd like to visit ringo's childhood houses in madryn street and arnold grove. I'd like to take a bus (i think i have to take n° 82 from liverpool one to high park street in toxteth) and then walk through this area. But i read a lot of bad things about this area on the web, so i just want to ask you if take a walk through toxteth on saturday morning is a good idea or if i have to consider to take a cab. Thanks for your help.

more
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

holiday with 1-2 yr old

Cornwall Apr 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Dear all, a friend of mine from Germany just mentioned that she'd like to visit Cornwall this year. She worries it would be too stressful and expensive with the long journey and a little girl, about 18 months old. I'd like to reassure her, having had a brilliant time there last year in Penzance. But I guess much of what I enjoyed, including the sleeper train, wouldn't be so easy with a baby!! And they'd be travelling from Germany. So I thought I'd just try asking if anyone more clued up than me has any advice / recommendations? L

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

One day to spend - tips

Lake District National Park Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I am planning to travel from London by Train to Manchester. Then take rental car to Lake District. Then I wanted to spend till noon next day to make return journey. This means I will have almost full 24 hours to spend wisely. Please suggest me an itinerary.

more
    • how to make kids busy in southport?

Southport Apr 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM

i am planning three days in southport in may with my two wild kids. any suggestion to keep my kids busy and tied in southport apart from pleasureland.

more
    • local customs and traditions in bath

Somerset Apr 1, 2014 at 7:39 AM

what local customs and traditions does bath have

more
    • 10 am Flight Arrival May 2014 from US, Terminal 4

Heathrow Apr 1, 2014 at 3:13 AM

How long should be allowed for Immigration and Customs? What is the best transportation alternative from airport to SE1 with several pieces of luggage?

more
    • London to Amsterdam

London Mar 31, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Hi All,

We are leaving London on the 2nd of July to Amsterdam, we are staying at the Amsterdam Canal Hotel - Weteringschans 253, 1017 XJ Amsterdam, Netherlands

Is Eurostar the best way to book this ?
      Also anyone know how far we will end up when we arrive in Amsterdam from the hotel?

Thanks

more

Popular Norfolk (County) Travel Answer Locations

• emahsieh's Profile Photo

How can I go to Norwich from Bath?

Norwich May 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I plan to visit London on June 18. And then I will visit Bath on June 23. From Bath I would like to visit Norwich on July 1. Finally on July I plan to leave Norwich directly to Heathrow Airport in London. What kind of mas transportation I can take for the journey?

4 Answers May 14, 2013 at 5:09 AM
    • Nishk87's Profile Photo

Help with Good Locations to Live

Norwich Jul 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Hi VTers,

I'm moving to Norwich next year but I don't know what areas are good to live in. I'll need to be near the university or near the bus routes which can take me to the uni easily.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

• Nishk87's Profile Photo

Hostels or Cheap Hotels for One Night

Norwich Jun 21, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Hi VTers,

Can anyone recommend a cheap hostel or hostel in Norwich please? The searches on google and www.hostelbookers.com are proving to be a futile and I was wondering if anyone had some great local knowledge on a place I could stay overnight.

Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 21, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    • Uvex's Profile Photo

Visit

Norwich May 11, 2010 at 9:06 PM

My friend and I will visit a friend in Norwich in July 2010.
      Does anyone know if there are any reasonably-priced B&B or Hostel for one night stay?
      I hope there will be private bathroom for either the B&B or hostel, and hope it can be in the city area.

Thank you for your help.

9 Answers Mar 27, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    • smeans2's Profile Photo

Seek coastal drive; no churches, please!

Norfolk (County) May 10, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Hi. I'm am American visiting East Anglia for the first time. I just spent a week in Suffolk, mostly village- and church-hopping. I arrived in Norfolk today, and I just want to see Norfolk, no more churches just yet. I'd particularly like to see the coast, but there's a lot of it. Can someone suggest a nice day out on the coast (no churches, please)? Single traveler; enjoy nature, scenery; not looking for resort towns or crowded beaches. In fact, it would be great to find a great beach with nobody on it but me :-) Heaven. I'm centrally located and love to drive. Thanks. --Spencer

3 Answers May 11, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    • djhartmannn's Profile Photo

Local Artists

Norfolk (County) May 6, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Not looking to go gallery hopping, but am looking for nicely-talented local artists who do works depicting the Cambridgeshire-Suffolk-Norfolk area.

Something to capture my stay in eastern England without breaking the bank.

3 Answers May 6, 2010 at 2:25 PM
    • kanjon's Profile Photo

Norwich to Sheringham?

Norwich Feb 26, 2010 at 3:51 AM

Hello!

I am visiting Norfolk to do research for my studies. I need to go from Norwich to Sheringham and from Norwich to Attleborough and would, due to time-pressure like to know which way/means would be the fastest to go? Can anybody help me, please? I have browsed the major search engines, but have not really got a grip of it. I will make these journeys during week-days, preferrably early in the mornings.

Also, is there any way to lower the fares on the train from Stansted to Norwich and from Norwich to Harpenden (week-days) by ordering tickets beforehand etc.?

I am happt for any help with this.

Thank you,

/Karin

14 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    • anitpotter's Profile Photo

local VT meet

Norwich Feb 10, 2010 at 3:14 PM

hi
      im new here but have found this site really valuable in the last few days as ive been struggling with travel plans. im now off for 2 weeks but wonder whethre there have been any local norwich meets or whether anyone would be interested in coming along to one? i was thinking just a midweek meet in a pub or something?

6 Answers Feb 26, 2010 at 12:48 AM
    • djhartmannn's Profile Photo

Best way to see the seals on the Norfolk Coast

Norfolk (County) Nov 15, 2009 at 8:23 AM

When is the best time of year and what is the best launching port/method to get the best view of the seals on the Norfolk Coast? Can you get a good viewing by foot or must it be done by boat?

3 Answers Nov 15, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Boat Cruise in Norwich by City Boats - when to be at the Quay?

Norwich Aug 10, 2009 at 3:52 AM

I would like to take the sightseeing boat through Norwich by City Boats. It's scheduled to depart from Elm Hill Quay at 11:15 am.There's a train which arrives in Norwich at 10:30.
      How long does it take to walk from the train station to Elm Hill Quay? It doesn't look very far on the map, but I don't know how early I would have to be at the quay.
      Departure and arival times are subject to the tide, it says on the website.
      Has anyone done a cruise with them? Did the boat leave earlier than scheduled?

7 Answers Aug 19, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    • How to get from North Walsham to Hunstanton

Norfolk (County) Feb 24, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Is the CoastHopper bus from Sheringham/Cromer to Hunstanton the only and/or best way to get from North Walsham to Hunstanton by public transport? Anyone know how much a taxi would cost?
      Thanks

3 Answers Feb 24, 2009 at 10:03 AM
    • crazyman2's Profile Photo

hotel or B & B in Kings Lynn

King's Lynn Aug 11, 2008 at 9:44 AM

Hi

We were talking to a couple of people in Lavenham last Autumn and they recommended a hotel or B & B in or near Kings Lynn. They told us that it overlooked some mudflats fairly close to a harbour and that the accommodation was excellent.

Yes! You've guessed it! We can't recall the name of the place! Can you help? If not, is there somewhere along the north Norfolk coast that you would recommend for three or four days in October?

Many thanks!

crazyman2 Stephen

3 Answers Dec 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    • boating norfolk broads

Norwich Jul 31, 2008 at 11:41 AM

I would like to know if there is anywhere I can hire a small boat for a long weekend in september for 2 adults.

3 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    • moonshinesinga's Profile Photo

Accomadations Norfolk Area

Norfolk (County) Jul 18, 2008 at 2:57 AM

We will be heading over to Norfolk from Pimlico 20 & 21 August. I have searched for accomadations and wanted to know if anyone might have info on a few hotels..bad or good.

Beechwood Hotel - North Walsham
      Cley Windmill - Holt
      The Hoste Arms - Burnham Market
      The Jockey - Burnham Market

We would be open to B&B's as well as locations in North Norfolk.

Thanks so much!
      Debe

• Soulful house clubs in Norwich

Norwich Sep 21, 2007 at 2:48 AM

I am having to stay in Norwich this evening and I would like to know an upmarket restaurant and good club to go to preferably with mixed crowd. Many Thanks Haon.

1 Answer Apr 3, 2008 at 8:18 AM
    • BerniShand's Profile Photo

SEAFOOD

Cromer May 30, 2006 at 4:29 AM

We have some special friends coming to visit and thought we would take the to Cromer, as its famous for its crabs and they LOVE seafood Id be grateful for recommendations for a really great seafood resteraunt in or around Cromer

2 Answers Sep 20, 2006 at 2:17 AM
    • funnyl's Profile Photo

City Centre Accommodation

Norwich Sep 16, 2005 at 5:35 AM

Hello, does anyone know of reasonably priced double accommodation in the City, close to the Cathedral please? Around 40-50£...most b&b's are full for the date I'd like. Thankyou.

3 Answers Aug 9, 2007 at 11:24 AM
    • magdaha's Profile Photo

People from Norwich

Norwich Jun 9, 2005 at 2:09 AM

Hi
      I'm looking for somebody from Norwich. I've just moved around so I would like to know something about interesting places etc

1 Answer Aug 21, 2007 at 6:23 AM
    • marekg's Profile Photo

taxis?

Norfolk (County) May 2, 2005 at 5:42 AM

how much are the taxis in Norwich? I might need to get from the train/bus station with a lot of luggage to a village south of NR, 5 to 10 miles

5 Answers May 5, 2005 at 1:29 AM
    • marekg's Profile Photo

how much is the bike?

Norfolk (County) Feb 8, 2005 at 3:45 AM

hi, seems I`ll have certain troubles with getting around Norwich & South Norfolk so the bike is going to be the best transport mean. I`m considering the move of my current bike to UK and the purchase of another one on-site. So: How much are the bikes in Norfolk? I need nothing special, ordinary trekking (or tourer or how do you call it), need not be new too, second-hand is ok as well. Where to find bike shop in Norwich? (event. having web site). Are the helmets oligatory? thanks

6 Answers Oct 16, 2005 at 12:37 PM
    • marekg's Profile Photo

norwich: info wanted

Norfolk (County) Feb 3, 2005 at 5:54 AM

hi, I am going to stay in Norwich area for a certain time, could you give me an info on: - the cost of living: accomodation in boarding house / privete room / room rent / flat rent and the food (how much do you spent on foodstaff a week/month. - the transportation: how are buses around Norwich - where to find info on these above on the web (online bus/train timetables) thanks

2 Answers Mar 14, 2005 at 2:21 PM
    • debika's Profile Photo

Camping in Norfolk

Norfolk (County) Aug 13, 2004 at 3:35 AM

Have heard that Norfolk is stunning and would like to spend bank holiday camping somewhere in the Norfolk Broads...any recommendations as to places? I love going for long walks in country so would like somewhere picturesque...typical old English village type place... Thanks very much

4 Answers Mar 14, 2005 at 2:25 PM
    • Delwin's Profile Photo

Where to go for a day?

Norwich Jul 23, 2004 at 11:43 AM

Hi, I'm in Norwich for the James Taylor concert Saturday at Blickling hall. Any recommendations for must see places in Norwich? If I park at the hall will I spend hours getting out? If so is there an alternative? Thanks D

2 Answers Nov 21, 2004 at 8:13 AM