Norfolk

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• shuttle service or car and driver

by dt54 Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Is there a shuttle service from norfolk airport to either port haywood or gloucester ? Or is there any other way to travel to these places other than driving.

1 Answer Apr 15, 2014 at 6:30 AM
    • Norfolk Amtrak Station

by JMPask Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Is the new Amtrak Station built in Norfolk, and what kind of transportation is available from there to get to the Virginia Beach ocean hotels.

4 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 1:45 AM
    • 3 hours in Norfolk

by Revaikman Online Now Jun 29, 2013 at 4:12 AM

We will be in Norfolk this afternoon and it looks like rain. What is the coolest (arty/bohemian) neighborhood to maybe hang out in a nice cafe, see some galleries or fun shops? Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 29, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    • Best place to watch ships come into Norfok Navy Base

by oc6088 Online Now May 18, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Hi I am meeting my daughters ship coming into Norfolk. I would like a place to see the ship "at sea" before it actually docks into Norfolk. Is there a good place to watch the ships come into harbor that is not on base?

3 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    • weather in norfolk or viginia beach, virginia

by mundo99 Online Now Oct 31, 2008 at 12:11 PM

what's the weather like in February? snow? we're landing in Norfolk airport and going to virginia beach. How far is DC (sightseeing-white house, etc.)? how far is new york? where is the best site to get a really good deal on airplane tickets? thanks for any info!!!!

2 Answers Nov 2, 2008 at 1:08 PM
    • ashamar18's Profile Photo

Staying in Williamsburg and going to Norfolk for the day.

by ashamar18 Online Now Jun 29, 2008 at 8:56 PM

If anybody reading this post and have tips to share with us pls do.
      First of Sept 08 we are staying at Powhatan Plantation in Williamsburg VA for one week. Never stayed at this resort. It is thru RCI. I hope it is nice. I hope I can look forward to it and not look back on it as something We shd not have done.
      We would like to spend a day at Norfolk. Maybe at the waterfront? Hoping to have boat to plate dinner? Good stadium seating movies nearby?
      We would like to go to Virgina Beach one day as well. Anybody know any good raw bars there?
      I would like some help from people who know first hand of these places. Not hopelessly rely on brochures. Although I'm not knocking brochures. Thanks in advance.
      Jayne

2 Answers Jun 29, 2008 at 11:17 PM
    • Where in Norfolk is this..?

by DalberLagos Online Now Jun 2, 2006 at 12:15 PM

Wondering if any of Norfolk residents could pinpoint the town mentioned in the travelsite

www.evilchinchilla.co.uk

I'm thinking its real and someone has suggested its a place called Diss which I think is actualy in Suffolk? Any help identifying would be great because me and my colleagues have become kind of hooked on the thing and want to visit to see how it measures up.

Bestwishes

Dalbert.

1 Answer Jun 3, 2006 at 12:45 AM
    • Boating in Norfolk

by jaydee28854 Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 11:11 AM

Spending a week in North Norfolk along with family members rangeing in age from 4 years to 59 years, plus one 2 year old golden labrador called Harry. We are staying in a windmill (we hope Harry corners well!!).

We would like to spend a day on a barge/boat/cruiser/ on the broads during this week and figure we should book ahead. Anyone out there had any good experiences they would like to pass on; would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Looking forwards to hearing from someone.

Jane

1 Answer Jun 3, 2006 at 12:45 AM
    • Norfolk-Ghent OR Virginia Beach?

by starttoday Online Now Sep 9, 2005 at 7:15 PM

I have never been to the East Coast, and I currently live in Portland, Oregon. I'm interested in experiencing the "other" part of the country, but need some direction as to cost of living, etc. I've heard the Ghent neighborhood is "up and coming"-- clean, safe, youthful. But what about Virginia Beach? Being that I'm a hairstylist and prefer to work where people have some money to spend, which area best fits this description? And equally important, which is most reasonable on apartment rent?

1 Answer Sep 10, 2005 at 7:57 AM
    • Seeking info on Norfolk politics and climate...

by starttoday Online Now Sep 1, 2005 at 2:36 PM

I've been told Norfolk is a highly Republican town because of a military base there. Is this still true? I'm living on the west coast and am looking for a more conservative environment, but not in the midwest or deep south (which is flooded now anyway).

Also, the east coast is known for its humidity. It seems impossible to find less humid places in that region. How does Norfolk rate? Am I going to melt into a puddle?

• Beach temp in August??

by ashleyking Online Now Jul 26, 2004 at 4:07 PM

For the beginning of our east coast trip my boyfriend and I were planning on visiting Norfolk, VA and then taking the Chesapeak Bay Bridge to Dover,DE and then go over to D.C. What is the weather like in Norfolk beach area around mid Aug? Can you swim? Is the beach and bay bridge worth the extra drive and time or should we just go straight to D.C through Richmond? we are coming from memphis, TN.. Thanks for any advice!!!!

3 Answers Jun 26, 2005 at 3:48 PM
    • seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

Hotels with extended parking

by seagoingJLW Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 7:47 AM

We are considering taking a cruise out of Norfolk in December 2004. Are there any hotels that offer extended parking to guests who stay there overnight? Joan

3 Answers Jun 26, 2005 at 3:57 PM
    • seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

Hotels with extended parking

by seagoingJLW Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 7:46 AM

We are considering taking a cruise out of Norfolk in December 2004. Are there any hotels that offer extended parking to guests who stay there overnight? Joan

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Pages on Norfolk, Virginia

by grandmaR Online Now Dec 25, 2003 at 2:19 PM

I thought there used to be a lot of rated pages on Norfolk - they seem to have melted away. Is it just my memory that is faulty or ?? I see scarcely any tips there now.

• hospital

by togoco Online Now Feb 12, 2003 at 4:21 PM

does norfolk naval still exsit ifso I would like mailing address thank you