change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travelling by Bus from Kirkenes

Honningsvåg Mar 27, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Dear Sir/Madam.
      I have chosen Kirkenes as the starting point of my journey across Norway, starting from 19 May 2014. Since my intention is to enjoy the Norway scenery, the fjord and the famous midnight sun, so I will be travelling by Buses, Boat and Trains. I have booked Hotel along the way.
      The itinerary will be as follows:
      -By Bus : Kirkenes-Honnigsvag (Nordkapp)(overnight Honningsvag)-Alta-Tromso
      -by Boat : Tromso-Trondheim (Hurtigrutten, overnight on board).
      -by Train : Trondheim-Lillehammer (overnight).
      -by Bus : Lillehamer-Bergen (overnight).
      -by Train : Bergen-Oslo-end.

1. How far is Rica Arctic Hotel Kirkenes and Rica Bryggen Hotel Honningsvag from the Bus station going to/from Kirkenes and Honningsvag..
      2. How to book a seat reservation for my journey from Kirkenes-Honningsvag-Alta-Tromso.
      3. How much is the ticket fare of each leg.
      3. Do you have the time table.
      3. Do you have the email address of the relevant Bus Operator or a Tourist Agency in

Kirkenes or Honningsvag, for me to contact them.

4. Do you have the email address of the Bus Operator connecting Kirkenes-Murmansk. I will contact them to book seat reservation of my trip from Murmansk to Kirkenes.

Dear Sir/Madam, please, your help will be highly appreciated

My best regards,
      SANTOSA HARDJENDRO

more
    • Bus travel from Kirkenes to Bodo?

Kirkenes Mar 20, 2014 at 5:10 PM

I'm trying to find out if there is any bus service from Kirkenes to Bodo? I arrive in Kirkenes by cruise ship the first week of September 2014, and would like to take a bus to Bodo, then grab a train to Bergen. (I've got three days to make the trip from Kirkenes to Bergen - I'm not even sure if this is possible?). I appreciate any help - thanks.

more
    • where to buy

by annehoughton Online Now Sep 7, 2013 at 6:26 AM

I'm after a jacket with a Norwegian flag and the letters 71 degrees nord . have seen one that was bought at Nordkapp , but need more info about where to get it from and the cost
      THANK YOU

1 Answer Sep 7, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    • summer trip to nordkapp

by zemann Online Now Apr 18, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Hi everyone. I'm trying to plan a trip to nordkapp for this summer, with public transports. So these are my questions:
      1. does the bus Nordkappekspressen (between Narvik and Alta, then to Honningsvag) still exist? because I cannot find any info on the internet.
      2. if it doesn't run anymore, what are my concrete options to reach Alta (excluding flights, if possible)?

1 Answer Apr 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    • Seweryna's Profile Photo

Nordkapp trip in January

by Seweryna Online Now Nov 17, 2011 at 3:08 AM

Hi,

Have anyone traveled to Nordkapp in winter? I am planning a trip in Jan 2012 and look for any helpfull info especially concerning car/bus transport and overnighting.

sew

14 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    • chandrika

by ckgala Online Now Apr 20, 2011 at 7:06 AM

my friend would like to spend 2 hrs before sunset and 2 hrs after sunset at northcape. what is is best option? can he rent a taxi? [ he does not drive]how much would a taxi cost? can i get the telephone nos. of taxi companies in that area?

2 Answers May 10, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    • bavchy's Profile Photo

Nordkapp - worth the visit?

by bavchy Online Now Jul 29, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Hello! I'll be in northern Finland for a week. I'm thinking about visiting the North Cape. But with public transportation and 1 night at a hostel, I would spend 200€ for 2 days. I'm thinking it's way to expensive and I'm not sure if I should go... What do you think? I'd just like to hear a few opinions...

8 Answers Oct 6, 2010 at 12:44 AM
    • More about NordKapp

by hioweycats Online Now May 2, 2008 at 3:54 PM

How many miles north of the Arctic Circle is NordKapp??

2 Answers May 19, 2008 at 6:53 AM
    • Alpha_Ghana's Profile Photo

Travelling by car to North Cape

by Alpha_Ghana Online Now Feb 7, 2008 at 10:50 AM

I intend to travel in June to North Cape. I want to go there by car. How are the roads? Do I need a 4WD or a normal car is OK?
      Thanks

6 Answers Feb 25, 2008 at 5:57 AM
    • Travel to Knivskjellodden

by emo1truth Online Now Dec 30, 2007 at 6:11 AM

Hi,

I will be traveling to Norway at the end of June and want to hike to the most northern point if Knivskjellodden. My question is what's the best way to get there from Bergen?

1) Should we fly to Hammerfest and then take a ferry to Honningsvåg?
      2) Should we fly to Honningsvåg directly?
      3) Once in Honningsvåg or anywhere else on the north cape, how do we actually get to the trailhead?
      4) If by bus, is there a website we can access to make reservation?
      5) How many days should we allow?

Thank you so much,
      Eric

3 Answers Dec 31, 2007 at 7:54 AM
    • Laam's Profile Photo

travel to nordkap during July

by Laam Online Now Jul 3, 2007 at 2:34 AM

Hi every body

I would like to travel to the nordkap during july 2007, I'am actually in Oslo and wonder if there are poeple who want to do the same thing, we could orgnize that together, it will be an opportunity to meet new freinds as well.

1 Answer Jul 10, 2007 at 9:22 AM
    • nordkapp:getting there .cossing the tunel by bus?

by BirisFlamencoTriana Online Now Aug 11, 2006 at 10:24 AM

Thanks for your useful info. my problem is that i m not driving a car. You said that a tunnel link the North-Cape-Island with the continent. do you know if there is a DIALY and FRECUENT service to cross it by bus??

Something else I would love to know is how to get the hurtigruten boat till Lofoten, if it takes more than one day and if its possible to dit everyday. And of course, how to get to the port! I dont know if u have any info about it, but everythink u can tell me is more than welcome

thanks!!

5 Answers Aug 13, 2006 at 4:14 AM
    • How to Get Nordkapp from Rovaniemi,or Finnish Lapland

by BirisFlamencoTriana Online Now Aug 8, 2006 at 7:42 PM

I am planning my visit to Scandinavia, (I´m leaving on next Friday!). I will start in the south of Sweden (Sverige!), then will go to Finland, and after that, I will travel to the north, with the idea of visiting first Finnish Lapland and from there getting to NordKapp and Lofoten islands, before travelling south in the west coast.

So, to sum up, I will be in north of Finland, (probably Rovaniemi, or Kemi) when I have to get Nordkapp-taking into account that I wont have/use a car.

I would appreciate a lot any info with regard to this question; I'm also lost about accommodation in the area; actually, I`ve just discovered its not so easy to find cheap places, b&b, hostels, or just places to sleep in the area.

Thanks so much for your help!

1 Answer Aug 10, 2006 at 5:39 AM
    • Nordkapp on motobike

by sarvan Online Now Nov 3, 2005 at 2:51 PM

Has anyone gone to Tromso to Nordkapp on motobike,during June.

3 Answers Nov 4, 2005 at 12:26 PM
    • Taking a bike to Nordkapp

by kirandulas Online Now Jul 17, 2004 at 3:08 PM

I'm starting to plan a cycle ride starting in May next year which should take me from Nordkapp to Sicily (or maybe Gibraltar; not decided yet). Can anyone give any advice on the quickest/easiest way to get from say Oslo to Nordkapp with a bike? Due to limited time, I sadly can't afford to cycle all the way up there, but I expect I'll probably have to do at least the last bit. I have come across some information that says bikes can be taken on buses, but on the other hand I've read that about other countries as well where it's simply not true. Any help very welcome!

2 Answers Jul 30, 2005 at 3:17 AM
    • thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

transportation

by thelittlevoice Online Now May 31, 2004 at 4:25 AM

what's the cheapest way to get there from stockholm? thanks.

6 Answers May 31, 2004 at 3:50 PM