Noosa Heads Travel Answers

change location
tbnyc's Profile Photo

Looking for paradise over new years

by tbnyc Online Now Sep 9, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Hi we are going to be 3 of us a couple and gay friend and we would like to find a great place on the beach. The couple is from NYC and Jorge is from Sydney. We what to spend about200-$300 per night and stay in a Nice place on the beach. Idealy it will be a 2 bedroom situation any ideas

Thanks for the help

Todd

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • stevemt's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for paradise over new years

by stevemt Online Now Sep 9, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Look at wotif.com to get an idea of what is available up there, then google the places you are interested in.

Remember that at that time of year, prices may well be steep, and many places will already be booked out already.

Best of luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pedroswift's Profile Photo

by pedroswift Online Now Sep 9, 2010 at 11:03 PM

www.accomnoosa.com.au might be a good place to start looking at what is located beachfront Noosa. For actual Noosa beach properties you would be looking for "Hastings Street Beachfront" in your search. There are properties on Hastings Street not on the beach which could be less expensive.

• al2401's Profile Photo

by al2401 Online Now Sep 11, 2010 at 4:55 AM

If you find that places are already booked in Noosa or expensive the Sunshine Coast has lots of great beaches (some better than Noosa imo) Try Mooloolaba or Caloundra - both places party over new years

• tbnyc's Profile Photo

by tbnyc Online Now Sep 11, 2010 at 7:21 AM

How far is Wooloola from Noosa is it a quick Taxi cab ride away. Do we fly in that location. Thanks for the help

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

by sirgaw Online Now Sep 11, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Try Ocean Breeze - oceanbreezeresort.com.au/has...
    We've stayed there a couple of times (many years ago) and found it a great place to stay. Its across the road from the beach

• pedroswift's Profile Photo

by pedroswift Online Now Sep 11, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Do you mean Cooloola?? I'd be checking the spelling on that one.(not a beach side paradise that I know of) de p

• al2401's Profile Photo

by al2401 Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 6:06 PM

The spelling is Mooloolaba - if you re-read my reply. It is the central resort of the Sunshine Coast beaches with Caloundra at the south and Noosa at the north and about 30min drive to each end. Unfortunately VT does not list the Sunshine Coast as an area (like the Gold Coast)or many of the towns. There are many places along the coast with accommodation on the beach - you could also try Maroochydore, Coolum and Alexandra Headland.

The spelling is correct - take my word for it - I live here.

• margsch's Profile Photo

by margsch Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I have also stayed at Ocean Breeze apartments and it was great, my stay was also some years ago. We had a 2 bedroom apartment and it was very well equipped with 2 bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen and so on. There was a swimming pool there which we used in the afternoons when the beach became too hot.
    You would need a car if you wanted to sightsee in the area, we had a package deal for flights, accommodation and hire car.
    The dining out was rather expensive but very classy. A couple of places we ate at had very small serves and charged a heap for it. We bought a lot of ready made salads at a supermarket in Noosa Village and just bought some meat to go with it and I remember the best hamburger bar on the beach, the lady cooked them while you waited.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines