Noosa Heads Travel Answers

change location
mogoel's Profile Photo

Noosa for the weekend

by mogoel Online Now Dec 16, 2009 at 1:22 AM

Hi,

I am planning to visit Noosa heads + the australia zoo at the sunshine coast.
I have a toddler (2year old) and wife travelling along with me. We plan to rent a car. Please let us know what should be the good itenary for saturday and sunday.
Any suggesstions for a good place to stay on saturday night.

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Re: Noosa for the weekend

by wise23girl Online Now Dec 16, 2009 at 4:26 AM

So where are starting from? Brisbane? Do you fly in and what time of day do you arrive? Will you head back Sunday...often busy heading back south Sunday after lunch.

I am thinking you could visit Australia zoo on way to Noosa...stay o/n Noosa...beach then maybe back ??/? keepimg in mind busy time or could you stay over Sunday night,
    Cotton tree area with park is nice place to picnic as well with toddler...maybe on way back.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Online Now Dec 16, 2009 at 1:45 PM

If coming from Brisbane, I would make it a round trip
    Either return or go this way .....Follow the Beaches via Caloundra and following the David Low H/way to Noosa Heads. Depending on what time of the year, and as it is a weekend, accommodation during the holidays might be hard to find. Noosa Heads area is the more expensive end of the coast.
    Or, go to the Zoo then via Eumundi (markets are on Saturdays)to Noosa Heads area.

• mogoel's Profile Photo

by mogoel Online Now Dec 16, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Yes I am in brisbane for work, and planning a trip this weekend to noosa. we are planning to be back to brisbane by sunday evening. Thanks for the replies

• aussirose's Profile Photo

by aussirose Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 6:28 AM

And don't forget to visit the Big Pineapple :o) We stayed at the Noosa Pacific Riverfront Resort -

http://www.noosapacific.com.au/

Mooloolabah Underwater World is a fun thing to do with kids :o)

funtours.com.au/sunshinecoas...

by balhannah Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Hi Anne,
    The Big Pineapple is finished, up for sale at the moment. I bet heaps of people have fun memories of going there with their children!

by aussirose Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Get out!!... Really Dee?!! Goodness me! How can they do that to the famous icon?... Surely someone will buy it and carry it on?... do you think?..

by balhannah Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Don't know, evidently is been on the market for a couple of years, now they are getting serious and it is through agents. I was going to write a tip on it ages ago, thats how I found out, then went past it a few months ago, such a shame! I used to love those large Sundaes!

by wise23girl Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Well it is very run down and people do not go there much anymore. Be a great site for a Hospital instead of Kawana!
    Still have markets on Saturday I think.

by aussirose Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Well fancy that! Thanks guys. I'll have to update my page. At least I do know the accommodation we stayed in is still there. Gee that was a nice place....right on the water front :o) I also enjoyed a walk around the headland. ....Did someone say Cotton Tree? Now that's a lovely place.

by wise23girl Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Actually if mogoel comes back on line I thought Cotton Tree would be lovely for the toddler and there is are cafes across the road. Not too far from the Wharf and Underwater world if they have called into Mooloolaba first..
    It is so hot in some places and crowded.
    Then coming home Sunday...well we avoid Sunday afternoon like the plague. So they could loose a bit of time sitting in traffic especially all the way from Noosa.

Maybe they should leave Noosa early Sunday and go to Australia Zoo on way home and then they would be closer to Brisbane Sunday afternoon..

If you are there Mogoel call Ph. 131940 for Traffic report or go on line :

http://131940.qld.gov.au/

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines