Noosa Heads Travel Answers

change location
lovinoz's Profile Photo

Hastings Street hotels - some advice

by lovinoz Online Now Apr 6, 2008 at 1:35 AM

My husband and I are planning to stay in Noosa for 3-4 nights in early September and I would like to stay in a 4-5 star place on Hastings Street for under200 per night.

I dont need ocean view, but I want to be on H Street or very close to it.

Any suggestions on a great place to stay? It can be self-contained or not. I have looked on wotif.com.au and other similar sites, but wanted to get some personal suggestions if you have stayed in any of these hotels and whether you thought it was worth the money they are charging.

Thank yoU!!! :)

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • swissfondue's Profile Photo

Re: Hastings Street hotels - some advice

by swissfondue Online Now Apr 6, 2008 at 5:56 AM

I've stayed at the Sheraton on Hastings Street but it was three years ago. They have a nice pool area with plenty of sunloungers and a pool bar. I paid around AUD250.00 per night for a standard room with a view over the Noosa River. It was nicely appointed and quite spacious with a lounge and dining area within the room itself. The rooms with balconies overlooking the pool would be considerably more expensive than this. The hotel has a bar with outdoor seating overlooking the river(Happy Hours etc), but I didnt eat in the restaurant as there are many nice and cheaper cafes in Hastings Street. There is easy access to Hastings Street but no beach frontage. It was pleasant enough and I did like the pool area which was very sunny.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sirgaw's Profile Photo

by sirgaw Online Now Apr 6, 2008 at 7:59 AM

Sorry my information is many years old - but here goes.

We stayed twice at "Ocean Breeze" resort which is on the corner of Hastings Street and the road that goes to Noosa Junction and beyond. Well appointed 1, 2 and 3 bedroom appartments and all facilities you could need. Across the road from the main beach and about a 10 minute walk to the Noosa national park (do the walk to "hells gate" - very spectacular). Large supermarket in Noosa Junction - about a 5 minute bus ride away.

Try this link for more info: noosaeguide.com/info/accommo...

• margsch's Profile Photo

by margsch Online Now Apr 8, 2008 at 12:38 AM

I have also used Ocean Breeze and recommend it, very nice apartment with everything you could need e.g. washing machine, dishwasher etc.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now Apr 8, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Hi The Mantra Group have several accommodation resorts in Noosa, some on Hastings street or very close to it. 2 years ago we stayed in one of their properties about 5 minutes walk from Hastings street called Noosa International

www.noosainternational.com

Some apartments are better than others as they were renovating at the time. It will meet your budget, particularly mid week. I think the Pacific and Ocean Breeze are part of the same group. Photos on my Noosa Heads page.

When in Noosa I recommend you take the day tour to Frase Island, they take you by 4 wheel drive, just something, check out photos.

Good Luck,
    Mike

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines