Noosa Heads Travel Answers

change location
bojan74's Profile Photo

Fraser Island 1-day Tour From Noosa

by bojan74 Online Now Feb 19, 2008 at 12:17 AM

I am looking for Fraser Island 1-day tour that departs from Noosa and includes also Eli Creek and some of nice lakes there (for example McKenzie). About lake there is no problem but I couldnt find any tour operator that includes Eli Creek.

Do you know any tour operator that include Eli Creek also?

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • Re: Fraser Island 1-day Tour From Noosa

by Anne12 Online Now Feb 19, 2008 at 12:47 AM

If you get a tour that goes up to the coloured sands on the Island or Indian Head you will see Eli creek. It may not be on the brochure though as it isn't a big highlight like say, McKenzie lake or Central Station...
    Don't worry, a day trip to Fraser Island is worth it, it great. I was only talking to an Irish guy today and he was raving about it.
    If youo have the chance to do a flight over fraser while on the day trip, spend the cash and do it, it gives a great view of the lakes and sand dunes that gradually over time fill the lakes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by Anne12 Online Now Feb 19, 2008 at 12:49 AM

PS the flights you can take are on the Island it's self. Small planes, they take off on the sandm great fun.

eurong.com/fraser-island-map...

• swissfondue's Profile Photo

Re: Fraser Island 1-day Tour From Noosa

by swissfondue Online Now Feb 19, 2008 at 3:07 AM

Some tours stop briefly on the beach for a quick look at Eli Creek. It only takes a few minutes and if you ask to stop and have a quick walk around it shouldn't be a problem. Fraser Island is spectacular.

• bojan74's Profile Photo

by bojan74 Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 3:05 AM

Thanks for answers!

I checked with many tour operaters and all said to me that Eli creek is not included in 1-day tours that start in Noosa or southern.

I saw some pics of Eli Creek and people swimming there so it looks nice to me and worth to visit it. But it looks I will not see it except if I drive with car to Rainbow beach and join some tour from there.

• swissfondue's Profile Photo

by swissfondue Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 3:20 AM

There are also tours departing daily from Hervey Bay. Queensland Bookings website, http://fraserisland.au.com/tours has a Fraser Explorer Day tour which has Eli Creek as part of its itinerary with a stop off for a swim.

My kids swam in the creek briefly. They found it to be very shallow and very COLD... The crystal clear waters of Lake Mckenzie is also a nice spot for a swim.

by bojan74 Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 3:26 AM

Yes, I know Hervey Bay is also option. But I will stay 3 days in Noosa and one day I would like to spend to visit Fraser Island.

But I can say that I feel better now cause almost all of you above said that Eli Creek is not so special thing to see :)

This pic looks nice to me:
    noosainfo.com/dbimg%5Crg_i_9...
    So I liked it ;)

by Anne12 Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 2:14 PM

If you leave from H Bay or Rainbow it will be the same side of the Island and you will see the same areas as they are only allowed to go along certain places at certain times because of tides and also for environmental reasons.It is very controlled now, they control how many tours and other 4x4's go on the Island from day to day..
    Don't panic too much on where and what you will see, because you won't be disappointed.

by bojan74 Online Now Feb 27, 2008 at 12:14 AM

I have one more question if you can help me ;)

I know it is quite personally depending question but anyway:
    which one of lakes on fraser island do you prefer: lake mckenzie or lake birrabeen? why?

I am asking cause on some 1-day tour that looks ok for me I must choose only one of them.

I saw pics of both and both looks quite similar and nice. And I heard that lake birrabeen is less popular and so less crowded what I prefer. But about scene, nature are there any big difference between them?

by Anne12 Online Now Feb 27, 2008 at 6:44 PM

My vote is Lake McKenzie. It's wonderful.
    As I said before...whatever you see, you won't be disappointed...not one bit!!

Just a warning, don't leave your items on the sand unattended. There are Dingos on the Island ( not dangerous:) and they love to annoy the visitor and take things.
    I was speaking to an Irish guy recently and he had his camera taken on Fraser!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now Mar 3, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Hi We took a day trip to Fraser Island Sept'05, just fantastic in a 4 wheel drive, included driver who was also guide and chef for the day.$159 per person. See details on my Fraser Island page.

Suncoast Safaris www.suncoastsafaris.com.au

Good Luck,
    Mike

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines