change location
hundini9's Profile Photo

Noosa Heads....anyone care to report?

by hundini9 Online Now Jan 22, 2004 at 3:51 AM

I'd love a few tips about the famous Noosa

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • CandS's Profile Photo

Re: Noosa Heads....anyone care to report?

by CandS Online Now Jan 22, 2004 at 12:39 PM

I've only been to Noosa once for a couple of days but it depends on what you like. I went at Christmas time and it was very busy, crowded and the water wasn't so nice... BUT I have heard so many good reports about Noosa so perhaps it was just a bad time...we were there just after a huge storm so that might be why the water was horrible (full of seaweed etc). The town itself was full of backpackers and other holiday makers wandering around in their swimmers or lounging on the beach. You can have a look at my few photos and tips if you're interested...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • aussirose's Profile Photo

Re: Noosa Heads....anyone care to report?

by aussirose Online Now Jan 23, 2004 at 9:36 PM

Hi. Byron's a lovely place to visit. Planning a holiday there soon? Why not check out the blues festival. I'ts on at the Easter long weekend. It attracts visitors from all over the world but the place will be pretty packed so you need to book now. Check out www.bluesfest.com.au. Lennex Head, nearby has beautiful surf. Byron has great markets, restaurants and excellant nightlife. It has heaps of backpacker accommodation. The mountains, especially Nimbin is a great day out and a cultural experience. Mt. Warning's the best place for a great bush walk and Brunswick heads has a nice 'meet the locals' pub. It's not too far to visit the Gold Coast for a day trip. Have a great time. Cheers, Ann.

• Re: Noosa Heads....anyone care to report?

by Marsketa Online Now Jun 24, 2004 at 4:51 AM

The best secret about Noosa Heads is a quiet beach in the National Park called Alexandria Bay. It has great surfing and is an unofficial nude beach. Although nudists can be found along the lenght of the beach, most congregate at the southern end. This is something truly unique and is a must see experience. Going nude on a nude beach is a "must do before I die" experience not to be missed!

• Holgs_in_Syd's Profile Photo

RE: Noosa Heads....anyone care to report?

by Holgs_in_Syd Online Now Nov 8, 2005 at 3:15 AM

I lived near Noosa for a number of years. Its the sort of place that can be absolutely fantastic, but like anywhere if the weather isn't happening it can also be pretty ordinary. On occasion, there has been known to be problems with algae at Noosa Main beach - this was the case around Christmas 2005. Another problem that sometimes comes up is that the beach can disapear for either short periods of time due to unusual tides or more often a cyclone off somewhere off the Queensland coast. The important thing to realise is that there are a number of beaches nearby, and if one isn't particularly good, others will be. The best thing to do is to check the local surf reports to see where the surf is happening (if that's what you're into), or to take a short drive down the coast and check out the beaches for yourself. I usually prefer going to Sunshine Beach, which is pretty close by, but alot quieter - the beach isn't protected though, so expect bigger waves :) Remember not to go swimming in unpatrolled beaches though, there can be dangerous rips for those who are not familiar with Australian conditions. I'd hate for anyone to drown!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines