Nizwa Travel Answers

change location

Dependant Visa-Oman

by melaniejean Online Now Sep 16, 2004 at 9:17 AM

Hi Guys, Thanks for your response. I haven't gotten back to you because I have been so busy with work and the dreaded study. I have one question to ask you all!! I have a daughter that will be visting me in November. She will have finished her Senior Certificate. She is seventeen. She will go on to university, but will be staying with me for about 3 months in Oman, where I will be working. What sort of visa will I have to obtain for her??? I start work soon in Oman!! I want to make her 'graduation holiday as pleasant as possible and I was wondering if I can get her a visa off of mine because she is my dependant?? I hope you can advise me or steer me in the right direction. Thanks, Melanie Jean

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: Dependant Visa-Oman

by brotherleelove Online Now Sep 16, 2004 at 10:34 AM

You're asking at the wrong venue. You need to contact the immigration office/visa services for Oman nearest Montreal, I suppose that's at their Embassy in Washington, D.C. Any information you might get here could be incorrect or not up-to-date, no matter how well-meaning it would be. This is too important to leave to speculation. Embassy of Oman - Washington D.C. Ambassador: Mr. Awadh Al-Shanfari Tel: 1-202-387-1980 Fax: 1-202-745-4933 Embassy of the Sultanate of Oman 2535 Belmont Road, NW Washington DC 20008, USA

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Dependant Visa-Oman

by melaniejean Online Now Sep 16, 2004 at 8:06 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am currently in Korea. I am sure there is an Embassy here somewhere. I know she can come with a tourist visa, but I have read that they last only for 2 weeks and then I have read for 1 month. I guess crossing the boarder to Dubai every few weeks is possible. Thanks.

• brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Dependant Visa-Oman

by brotherleelove Online Now Sep 16, 2004 at 8:18 PM

EMBASSY OF THE SULTANATE OF OMAN - SEOUL (Republic of Korea) Address : 309-3 Dongbinggo - dong Yongsan-ku, Seoul Switch Board : (00822) 7902 431 / 7902 432 Fax No. : 7902 430 Working Hours : 09.00-17.00 Weekend Holiday : Saturday & Sunday

• Re: Re: Dependant Visa-Oman

by melaniejean Online Now Sep 16, 2004 at 11:33 PM

Hi, Thanks for that! You are a very knowledgeable man! I live in Seoul and will phone them first and then make arrangements. Thankyou very much and have a great day.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines