Nîmes

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Souvenir shops

Collioure Nov 26, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Hi, Can anyone please advise of any souvenir shops I could contact please in Collioure? My 7 year old son on our recent holiday bought a little snow globe Collioure and Argeles and has treasured it. However, it has just been dropped and smashed and he is devastated. I would really like to know if I contact any of the shops there to perhaps buy a new on online or over the telephone and have posted. Any help please with this? Thank you. Sharon

more
    • Is there a large supermarket near the train station?

Perpignan Nov 27, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Hello, I am thinking of starying near the train station in Perpignan and would like to know if there is a Lidl or other supermarket in that area? Also, how long is it to walk to the city centre and as, I want to visit near the University area what bus should I get? Finally is the public transport expensive, perhaps I could get 5 day bus pass? Thank you in advance.

more
    • Nimes To Avignon

by dewijones Online Now Nov 16, 2014 at 10:28 PM

I believe that there are both buses and trains between Nimes andAvignon.
      Is this correct ??
      What are the pros and cons ??
      Could someone post a link to the bus timetable ??
      thanks

6 Answers Nov 17, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    • Bullfights in Sept- Oct. 2014 buy tickets

by Mrsgibson Online Now Sep 3, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Hi! I have a two part question. I'll be in Uzes for three weeks and want to go to the bullfights in Nimes. I have had a difficult time finding the exact dates of the bullfights on the internet. Can you help me? Also there will be four of us going, so I would like to purchase the tickets in advance if that is possible. There is only a statement saying there are bullfights in sept. and oct. and no dates. Many thanks!

6 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 1:39 AM
    • Transportation from Marseille to Nimes

by Ayrites Online Now May 26, 2014 at 12:00 PM

My husband and I will be in France the beginning of June. We would like to take a bus from Marseille to Nimes. Is this possible or do we have to take the train. If so is there a local train service instead of the TGV? Thank you

4 Answers May 27, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    • Car traffic in front of Nimes, Train Station

by CLAG Online Now May 15, 2014 at 7:08 AM

Is the road in front of the Nimes, France train station open to cars/traffic? If not, where would you recommend
      someone should wait for a pick up by car?
      Thanks you.
      CLAG

4 Answers May 15, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    • From Nimes to Vezenobres

by Esther88 Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Are there buses that travel from Nimes to Vezenobres (and Vezenobres to Nimes) and if so, where can I get a time table?
      Thank you,
      Esther, South Africa

3 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 1:11 PM
    • Nîmes to Florence by train

by kperriam Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 4:29 PM

What is the best way to get to Florence from Nîmes ?

4 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 10:33 PM
    • Eating out over Christmas

by coswald Online Now Dec 21, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Do you know of any restaurants open on Christmas Day (25th Dec)? If not, somewhere for dinner on 24th? We are staying in Nimes over the Christmas period and have yet to find anywhere which will be open: we have resigned ourselves to cooking something simple in our room at the a part hotel, but a restaurant would be nicer!

11 Answers Dec 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM
    • From Nimes to Les Vans

by Anouck Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Can someone please help me ?

I'm visiting my boyfriend, who is working in Les Vans, in september. I live in Belgium and normally i would have taken the TGV to Valence and then the bus to Les Vans, but all together it was 250 euro's .. Which i think is a lot of money. That's why i'm travelling by plane. The flights were only 100 euro.

But here comes the problem! I have no idea how i have to get from Nimes to Les Vans. Does anybody have a sollution? I would be so grateful!

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    • Nimes to Chateauneuf du Pape

by Fhudd Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Is there any buses or trains that go from Nimes to Chateauneuf du Pape as I would quite like to visit for a day trip but would prefer to avoid hiring a vehicle. Please let me know?
      Thanks

2 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    • festival de nimes july 2013 public transportation

by some_girl Online Now May 31, 2013 at 5:46 PM

i will be staying in montpellier in july and have tickets for two of the festival shows. first, what time (approximately) do shows typically end? second, is there any public transportation available after the shows for a return to montpellier? it appears that the last train to montpellier is at 23:09.
      thanks!

6 Answers Jun 2, 2013 at 1:38 AM
    • nimbin2006's Profile Photo

question on september festival

by nimbin2006 Online Now Oct 13, 2012 at 7:08 PM

There is a festival near the end of September in Nimes every year. Does anyone know the dates that it will be held in 2013? Thank you

3 Answers Oct 14, 2012 at 4:56 AM
    • jmandel's Profile Photo

nimes area by train

by jmandel Online Now Sep 25, 2012 at 2:32 PM

What are the top areas to travel to by train from Nimes ( within 2- 2 1/2 hours of ) .I am planing to be in the Nimes area next August for about 3 weeks & are concerned about driving. Will the traffic be very heavy this time of year and is it difficult parking when you get to the touristy areas.

6 Answers Sep 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM
    • How to get to Nimes

by mbarakat Online Now Mar 7, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Coming from Paris Lyon Station on the 11.15 train going to Montpellier. does the train stop in Nimes? Can i get off and then continue my journey to Montpellier later in the evening?

3 Answers Mar 7, 2012 at 2:01 PM
    • women world championship 2011

by mira1961 Online Now Jul 17, 2011 at 2:52 AM

where may I watch the final-match today ? Is there any cafe or restaurant with TV for this event ?

1 Answer Jul 17, 2011 at 4:20 AM
    • Nimes to Uzes by bus

by jillstarky Online Now Jul 14, 2011 at 6:55 PM

can you give us a bus schedule to travel from Nimes to Uzes on September 10th? and can you help with travel plans for the 16th to go from NImes to Florence?

1 Answer Jul 14, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    • milan to nimes

by britesite Online Now Oct 20, 2010 at 12:57 PM

What is the best way to go from Milan to nimes? Is there Rail service.?

2 Answers Oct 20, 2010 at 2:45 PM
    • Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Transport to Pont Du Gard

by Maryimelda Online Now Sep 14, 2010 at 11:52 PM

How does one get from Nimes to the Pont Du Gard without a car? Is there any reliable public transport or would a day tour be the best option?

11 Answers Sep 19, 2010 at 12:21 PM
    • Nimes Airport Baggage Storage

by S.K.I. Online Now Jul 30, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Hi
      Can anyone tell me if there are any luggage storage facilities at Nimes Garons airport. We are arriving by private transfer and need to store our luggae for a few hours.
      Thanks
      S.K.I.

2 Answers Jul 30, 2010 at 11:39 AM
    • Nimes airport to Nimes TGV station

by cmcparland Online Now Jul 21, 2010 at 2:05 AM

Hi,

I need to get from Nimes airport to Nimes TGV station on a sunday, does the shuttle bus from the airport pass the station?

Thanks for your help!!

1 Answer Jul 21, 2010 at 4:26 AM
    • Nimes to Marseille

by varleyph Online Now Apr 22, 2010 at 10:09 PM

We will be staying in Nimes for two nights in September and then travelling to Marseille for another two nights. Is there a tour that goes between the two cities that will include Pont du Gard and Arles. As to do these places on the way we would have baggage and this plan to use a tour would allow more time in Nimes.

1 Answer Apr 24, 2010 at 11:36 AM
    • travel nimes to verargues

by leonsacha Online Now Apr 4, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Hello. I am going to be staying in verargues in august. I will be arriving at Nimes airport and departing from montpellier airport. I am trying to work out the best way of getting around the are without hiring a car. Is there are a train from Nimes airport to Lunel maybe? And a taxi or bus service from lunel to verargues. The villa information says there is a bus stop in verargues but it doesnt say where the buses go to. How can I find out about bus, train, and taxi travel in the region?

thanks very much

sacha

2 Answers Apr 12, 2010 at 2:53 AM
    • Nimes or Arles?

by BlackIsis Online Now Mar 28, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Hi all, I will be in the south of France for a few days during May and am wondering whether to stay at Nimes or Arles? I have stayed at Arles before and loved it and would like to go back, but Nimes looks good too. I will just be wandering around the Roman remains, shops, restaurants, markets, streets etc.
      Nimes seems to be more focussed on bullfighting, from what I have discovered so far. Are there any major differences? Anybody been to both and have a strong preference?
      I will have my own car and staying in the city centre so assume crime rate/driving exactly the same in both places.
      So if anyone lives in the area or has spent time in both places it would be nice to have your thoughts.
      Thankyou.

• Buses to Ruoms

by traveller_girl Online Now Feb 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Hi,
      I am going to be working at a campsite called Le Ranc Davaine for 6 months. I am taking my car but my family will be coming to visit using the Ryanair flights. Is it possible for them to get to Ruoms by bus or train so that I can collect them from there. I am hoping to do some checking out of this situation on my days off to see how feasible it is for someone to find this site just using public transport.
      Many thanks

3 Answers Feb 13, 2010 at 11:04 AM
    • Address of Nimes TGV Station

by Bigcam1 Online Now Nov 3, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Hi
      I am arriving from Paris on the TGV into Nimes but would like to know the address of that station so I can print a map to find my friends from there
      cheers
      Cam

2 Answers Nov 3, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    • transport in Nimes

by rchitekt Online Now Oct 17, 2009 at 1:52 PM

How far are Tour Magne,Port Auguste,Port de France and Jardins de la Fontaine from the Nimes railway station. Can I see these places in 4 to 5 hours..

Are they in walking distance?? If not, is there a local bus which will take me to those places? If I get a taxi, how much would be the fare to the farthest point?

1 Answer Oct 18, 2009 at 1:48 AM
    • carpfanatic's Profile Photo

buses

by carpfanatic Online Now Sep 15, 2009 at 12:25 PM

hi

going to nimes for a few days and will not have a car,,is there a bus I can get to the pont du gard and back.

regards

1 Answer Sep 15, 2009 at 12:46 PM
    • Nimes WiFi access

by ebilbrough Online Now Sep 15, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Looking for wifi access in Nimes. Any at rail station? Are they free?

1 Answer Sep 15, 2009 at 10:09 AM
    • Nimes Rail Station to Airport

by ebilbrough Online Now Sep 8, 2009 at 11:40 PM

What is the approx taxi fare from rail station to airport? Where is the airport shuttle location at the rail station in Nimes?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 9, 2009 at 1:17 AM
    • mavl's Profile Photo

trying to get to istres

by mavl Online Now Aug 29, 2009 at 1:16 AM

bonjour,

trying to get to istres by train from barcelona. since there doesn't seem to be an active istres forum, thought i'd ask here at nimes since it's the major city before istres. assuming i get to nimes from barcelona by train, is there a train that can take me straight to istres? if not, what's the nearest train station to istres that i should try to get to? other suggestions as to how to get there are most welcome.

travel period is 2nd week of october.

merci beaucoup!

6 Answers Aug 29, 2009 at 2:44 PM
    • NImes Traveling

by franco71 Online Now Jun 6, 2009 at 3:32 PM

I would like to find the bus schedule or train schedule from NImes to Avingon and Arles. I cannot find it I was wondering if anyone can help me with this?

2 Answers Jun 7, 2009 at 1:09 AM