Nikko Travel Answers

change location

PRIVATE hot spring bath in nikko?

by jackie_9 Online Now Oct 18, 2008 at 6:02 PM

Does anyone know any place in Nikko where they have a PRIVATE hot spring bath in the room? Somewhere with a nice view. Can be good for honeymooners too? And if you have any other recommendations for a private hot spring bath not in Nikko, that is also fine with me. Thank you in advance!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: PRIVATE hot spring bath in nikko?

by Brandiarae7 Online Now Nov 9, 2008 at 11:53 AM

I do not know of an onsen with a bath inside the room, except for an excellent one in very rural Hokkaido.

I do know that many if not most onsens have family baths that you can make a reservation to use either alone or with your "family". You will need to tell the owner, or person at the desk who greets you what time you would like to use this bath. Usually you are telling them what time you would like to eat dinner and breakfast at the same time when you check in.

Fukuzumiro is a well known up-scale Onsen in Hakone. They have a "family bath". The owner does an excellent job of discretely serving and helping you at every turn. The meal, the atmosphere, the yukattas, and the koi pond at fukuzumiro are memorable. THe rice is even made with fresh river water.

Have a great trip.
    Brandia Tanaka
    author of Five Great Days in Tokyo available at amazon.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: PRIVATE hot spring bath in nikko?

by jj17 Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 3:56 PM

I cant help with the hot spring bath question but I highly recommend the Teddy Bear House ... the hosts are beautiful and helpful and the surrounds are beautiful ... really quiet and peaceful .. the hosts couldnt do enough to help and picked us up from the train station and took us back ... The food was wastern and very very good ....we could hear chirping birds and the running creek from our room.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines