Nikko Travel Answers

change location

From place to place

by julieyj Online Now May 1, 2008 at 4:37 AM

How difficult is it to see all the tourist sights in Nikko without a car and what is the best way to see everything? Also, how can you get to the Teddy Bear House?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

Re: From place to place

by Kakapo2 Online Now May 1, 2008 at 2:06 PM

I walked around in Nikko and reached every place without problem.

Did not stay at Teddy Bear House - but the website gives you distances to main sights:

nikko-teddybear.dohome.net/e...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Pixiekatten's Profile Photo

by Pixiekatten Online Now May 1, 2008 at 2:46 PM

I spent 2 nights in Nikko and used nothing but my feet to get around ;)
    Toshogu is absolutely amazing but it is in a hilly area in the forest so you definately don't need a car there and it is definately within walking distance to get there.

Enjoy Nikko! :)
    It is breath taking!

• Re: From place to place

by rzlh50 Online Now May 3, 2008 at 6:38 PM

There are two areas of Nikko that are frequently visited. First area has the famous shrines and are close to the JR station. They can be visited without transportation. Second area is on the west, mostly scenic, and can be reached easily by bus.

• Cherr08's Profile Photo

by Cherr08 Online Now May 4, 2008 at 9:55 AM

You will miss a lot if you just walk around Central Nikko. There are a lot of beautiful sites in Nikko. If you only have a day or 2 to spend, I suggest you explore the Northern Tip first. It saves time and you get to see more.

1. Yudaki Falls - You can spend the night at Yumoto Onsen. Higher Elevation so the air is nice and crisp.
    2. Ryuzu Falls - On your way back from Yudaki.
    3. Kegon Falls - You'll pass by Chuzenjiko Lake, Futurasan Chugushi Shrine
    4. ShinKyo Bridge - Then centrl Nikko which includes several shrines and local shops.
    * If you follow this agenda, then you need to get Tobu Nikko Bus Pass at the main station. There's several Bus Stop near the major sites. Usually, the bus pass by in 30 mins interval, but it can also be irregular. So before you do anything, check the pick up time.

I love Nikko. Best Time to go is Autumn.

Cheers, Cher

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines