Nijmegen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Holland pass . Is it worth ?

Amsterdam Apr 14, 2014 at 11:06 PM

We are four people going to Amsterdam for two days. We are planning to visit Anne franks house , kuekenhof gardens, two hour city bus tour, rjiksmuseum , Van Gogh museum , vondlepark and go to dam square .
      We read that the pass does not involve ride to scipol airport . So should we buy holland pass or travel on our own ?
      Does it prove to be cheaper ?
      Also , can we buy the holland pass in Amsterdam itself or is it necessary to buy it online ?

more
    • Bulb fields by air

Lelystad Apr 14, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Are there any trips, by air, over the bulb fields?

more
    • Restaurants

Zandvoort Apr 11, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Restaurant suggestions?

more
    • Bike hire in Leiden

Leiden Apr 10, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Where is the best place to hire bikes,about 8, for 3 days from 20-22 May?

How much and what deposit?

more
    • Beetroot powder & saffron flowers - den bosch

Den Bosch Apr 6, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Hi,
      Any idea where i can get beetroot powder and saffron flowers in den bosch?

more
    • Tour Groups

Amsterdam Mar 31, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Recommendation of tour groups for day trip to Brugges from Amsterdam.

more
    • activities for children

Breda 10 hours ago

I'm visiting Breda for the first time, what good activities are out there for kids?

more
    • Grady_S's Profile Photo

About food and places to eat in Leeuwarden

Leeuwarden Apr 15, 2014 at 4:33 AM

Where can I eat cheap in Leeuwarden?
      Looking for cheap places to eat

more
    • bus 858 schedule

Keukenhof Apr 14, 2014 at 3:15 AM

When does the last Keukenhof Express 858 bus leave the gardens to go back to the airport?

more
    • SaumyaC's Profile Photo

GVB card travel system

Amsterdam Apr 5, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Hi I am traveling to Amsterdam in Mid April. I have booked Hotel Ibis airport. I am planning to buy GVB chip card.
      Does GVB have any buses which can drop me near Ibis Airport. Please help because if GVB doesn't have any bus then traveling will be getting costly for me on daily basis.

I am travelling from Hamburg to Amsterdam buy Train .

If any more suggestion please suggest

Thanks
      Saumya

more
    • Coffee shops in Middelburg Netherlands

Middelburg Mar 29, 2014 at 10:51 PM

are there coffee shops in Middelburg like in Amsterdam? I have heard so many conflicting news articles on the matter. I will be visiting soon. Should I stop in Amsterdam before coming to Middelburg?

more
    • Combi Ticket

Keukenhof Mar 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I plan to visit Keukenhof before I go to Bruges, Belgium. I will be landing at AMS and plan to take the Keukenhof Express Bus from Schiphol.

Adults: from Schiphol Airport/Leiden Central station/Haarlem € 23,00

Can I use the Combi Ticket to travel from Schiphol (number 858 bus) and then go to Leiden Central (number 854 bus) instead?

more
    • is there a direct bus between Roosendaal and Antwerp??

Roosendaal Yesterday

is there a direct bus between Roosendaal and Antwerp??

more
    • Amsterdam to Lauwersoog

Amsterdam Apr 14, 2014 at 2:33 AM

I wish to go from Amsterdan to Lauwersoog
      I have been told to get a train to Groningen or Leeuwarden
      and then a bus.

Which would be better ? Groningen or Leeuwarden
      From which train station in Amsterdam do these trains go from ??
      thanks
      Dewi

more
    • Holland pass

Amsterdam Apr 13, 2014 at 9:02 PM

We are in amsterdam for 2 days and want to visit kukenhoff gardens want to see Rijiiks museum van gaugh museum canal tour of city etc.should we buy holland pass 2 which means 1gold 1 silver ticket and it says exchnge your gold & silver ticket for kukenhoff . And only one entry to Rijiks museum per pass . Does it mean we can see Rijiks & kukenhoff both by buying Holland pass. Also pl tell can we buy holland pass after landing in Amsterdam or to buy online before? And any site to claerify our doubts .

more
    • flying to Staphorst

Staphorst Mar 31, 2014 at 5:31 AM

Can i fly into staphorst? if not can you advise me of the nearest airport please?

Thanks

more
    • From Eindhoven Airport to Centerparcs de Kempervennen

Eindhoven Mar 26, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Hi . I am looking for a price to get a family of 21 from Eindhoven Airport to Centerparcs de Kempervennen and back 30 June and 7th July 2014.
      Any suggestions please?
      pecaro@yahoo.com

more
    • transit visa

Schiphol Mar 25, 2014 at 3:43 AM

hi, if i am traveling from mumbai to cork via amsterdam. i have a connecting flight in amsterdam after 2hrs. i hold the visa for Ireland. do i need to have transit visa.

more
    • stevemt's Profile Photo

SIM CARD FOR DONGLE

Netherlands Mar 23, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Hi all,

I will be traveling on a barge for 2 weeks in the Netherlands, and will need a sim card for my dongle.

The dongle supports the 850 and 2100 mhz bands.

I only want it for internet, not phone.

Any recomendations on a provider to go with for this, and what the price rang will be?

Also, can I get the sim card at the airport? or would it be cheaper elsewhere?

Many thanks in advance

STEVE♠

more
    • day trip to kukenhoff gardens

Amsterdam Apr 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM

We are reaching amsterdam on 6 may 2014 by 11.30 am and want to visit kukenhoff gardens .1 do we need to buy tickrts online beforehand or can we by at airport scipol ? The entry to gardens closes by 6.30 pm but can we move inside after this time and how long the day is in amsterdam so that we can enjoy completely

more
    • tempura's Profile Photo

Wadden loop

Pieterburen Apr 8, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Hello,
      We (2 adults and 1 child 10 years) plan a 3 hours wadden loop (zwerftocht) from Pieterburen. The organisator told us there is no problem to do this with a 10 years old child but I have some doubts about it. Has somebody experience with such a mud hiking ?
      Thanks a lot

more
    • Roermond for 'younger people'

Roermond Apr 7, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Hi,

I am possibly moving to Roermond or Maastricht on a permenant basis. I have not spent much time in Roermond so I was wondering what the nightlife was like in general for people of my age (32). I am not looking for it to be bustling but some life particularly on weekends would be good.

Also, I found Maastricht to be fairly metropolitan with many English speaking people - probably due to the university. Is Roermond much the same or is it mainly populated by Dutch people.

Any reply from somebody with experience of these city's would be a great help.

Thank you :)

more
    • KLM Transit - Baggage

Amsterdam Apr 6, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I am doing a round trip in Europe TPE-AMD-WAW-MSK-BEG-AMD-BRU-AMD-TPE, while first stop at AMD supposed to be transit. However, for the first part of AMD-WAW-MSK-BEG-AMD, I would like to leave the luggage at the Schiphol Airport baggage depot.

I found online that Baggage Depot at Schiphol Airport is at the arrival hall, so have some questions:
      1. Does it mean I must to first enter the country and leave my bag at baggage depot and depart again?
      2. Can I check in 1 bag TPE-AMD-WAW all the way and another TPE-AMD and only clear this one for baggage depot? Or must I clear 2 bags and recheck in for AMD-WAW?
      3. Does anyone have any idea if baggage depot opens on Easter Monday?

Thanks for all your help.

Amy

more
    • suekay3's Profile Photo

Something like 'On the Dijk"

Amsterdam Mar 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I am trying to find a restaurant my son recommended that is near the Ann Frank House. The name is something similar to 'On the Dijk'....not sure of the exact name. Can you help?

more
    • suekay3's Profile Photo

Will tulips be in bloom by April 6th?

Amsterdam Mar 24, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Fodors says:
      "Timing can be volatile, but there's a general progression from croci in the middle of March, daffodils and narcissi from the end of March to the middle of April, early tulips and hyacinths from the second week of April to the end of the month, and late tulips immediately afterward. An early or late spring can shift these approximate dates by as much as two weeks."

We are wondering if, by chance Amsterdam is having an early spring or a warm spell. We'd love to see the tulips!

more
    • From Nijmegen to Eindhoven

by ItalianTraveller1 Online Now Nov 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Hi, i will be in Nijmegen the 7th and the 8th of November and I've booked a flight from Eindhoven to Milan at 8:35 am (8tn November), so i need to be at the airport at least at 7:35 am. Is there any bus or train the would allow me to get to the airport at that hour more or less?

5 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    • Train or Bus?? if by train which?

by Dormalkl Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Leaving Nijmegen going into Dusseldorf, what is the best way? Many thanks to those who know.

6 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 5:10 AM
    • Paris to Nijmegen return

by mharawira Online Now Jun 8, 2013 at 7:45 AM

what is the best way to travel please? Is train the cheapest? How long would I need to allow to travel from Nijmegen to Paris?

8 Answers Jun 11, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    • Jusk's Profile Photo

Latenight clubs in Nijmegen

by Jusk Online Now Apr 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Me and my friend are going on a night run in Nijmegen, which means no hotels and we leave on the first train next morning. I'm looking for any place which is open untill the dawn. A place with a free spirit vibe around it would be perfect, but anything that could keep us worm and in good mood would suit. We leave tomorow which means Friday to Saturday night. Any help will be grately apreciated.

1 Answer Apr 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    • crmartins's Profile Photo

From Eindhoven airport to Nijmegen

by crmartins Online Now Oct 19, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Hi everybody! I'm giving up of going earlçier as I cannot find a place to stay...

so, I'm thinking about booking another flight but not for weeze, but for Eindhoven (now less expensive).
      Does anyone can tell me the best way to go from Eindhoben airport to Nijmegen and how much that may costs?

Thank you a lot!!!

katy

5 Answers Oct 22, 2011 at 12:12 PM
    • crmartins's Profile Photo

In Nijmegen for a month (a room and a VT meeting)

by crmartins Online Now Oct 14, 2011 at 4:50 AM

Hi everyone!

I'll be doing research at Radboud Univ. I need a room for November. Do anyone knows anyon who can rent a room? (it's not being easy to find one).

Thanks

Meanwhile I'd like to know if someone wants to join for a meeting at any time (from 27th october till 31st january)

katy

11 Answers Nov 21, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    • dublin to Nijmegan

by bernadettep Online Now Aug 24, 2011 at 4:07 AM

what airport is best to travel to from Dublin going to Nijmegan to the Han Fortmann Centrum

Huize Marienboom

Groesbeekseweg 428

Nijmegen
      Was hoping to get the quickest access to it.

3 Answers Aug 24, 2011 at 11:28 AM
    • 82nd 505 Vet returns

by KateStolp Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 8:25 AM

I will be bringing my 87 year old father to Nijmegen August 22-23, 2011. He helped liberate Mook, Groesbeek, Nijmegen. Is there anyone special he should meet while we are there?

5 Answers Apr 18, 2011 at 2:10 PM
    • easter

by clairechmbrs Online Now Mar 31, 2011 at 2:40 PM

i'm visiting Nijmegen over easter and am looking for information on local traditions and events suitable for children. Are easter eggs widely available as i can't bring them on the plane with me. Thanks

5 Answers Apr 6, 2011 at 2:07 AM
    • RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo

Hotel Recommendation Please

by RoscoeGregg Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I am heading to Nijmegen for a few days in October. Does anyone have a recomendation for a nice local hotel, hostel or B&B?

I wish I were rich but I am not. So I am willing to accept a little local color so to speak.

Thank You In Advance For Your Time,

Randy

3 Answers Sep 13, 2010 at 2:42 AM
    • public transport from Apeldoorn to Nijmegen

by BrigitteFunk Online Now Aug 15, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Hi dear local expert,

Could you please give me information about public transport
      from Apeldoorn Train Station to Nijmegen Train Station.
      I´m arriving on THUR 19 August between 17:00 and 18:45 and would like to get to Nijmegen as fast as possible.
      Thank you so much for your help :-)
      Hope to hear from you soon

Brigitte

4 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 1:22 AM
    • Visit Venice from Nijmegen

by karprasad Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 3:41 AM

Dear All,

I have 14th and 15th August to Visit Venice from Nijmegen (The Netherlands), Could anyone help me plan my itenary ? I can leave Nijmegen on 13th Aug late evening and must be back in Nijmegen by 16th August early Morning, I saw ryanair option from Dusseldorf wheez to Venice, looks like the there isnt any flight from Dusseldorf wheez to venice on 14th August, please help me with some cheap options.

Regards
      Prasad

2 Answers Jul 19, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    • Nijmegen to OSS

by karprasad Online Now Jul 9, 2010 at 6:26 AM

Hi All,

My office is located in OSS, I need to commute to OSS from Nijmegen (Polkastraat ) every day twice (to and fro like morning from Nijmegen to OSS and evening from OSS to Nijmegen) during this August.

What is the best economical way to commute? Are there any trains/busses offering cheap passes let me know. If yes what would be the cost and the validity of the pass.

Regards
      Prasad

6 Answers Jul 9, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    • Airports Near Nijmegen

by karprasad Online Now Jul 9, 2010 at 6:21 AM

Dear All,

I am surprised to see such lightening quick reply to the queries, I am delighted.

I have a small question.

To avail any cheap flight from Nijmegen to say Berlin (ryan Air) I can see that the airline url doesnt give the option of Nijmegen, but does show up Dusseldorf (wheez) and Eindhoven, with some googling I could also figure out that these are the nearest ones which has airport and well connected to Nijmegen by train or bus or anyother alternate mode of transport.

Firstly, is my assumption right? secondly how are these towns connected to Nijmegen, any pointers on cheap but safe means of transport to Nijmegen from Eindhoven or Dusseldorf wheez.

Is Dusseldorf wheez(ryanair says this)different from Dusseldorf (DUS) (Easyjet website says this)if so whats the difference.

Regards
      Karthik

2 Answers Jul 9, 2010 at 8:07 AM
    • Nijmegen Travel Plan, need advice

by karprasad Online Now Jul 9, 2010 at 4:24 AM

Dear Forum Members,

I have been seeing posts here and find that people are extremely helpful, I need some advice as I would be shortly travelling to Nijmegen, and a first time traveller.

1. I would be reaching Amsterdam Airport by flight at around 13:30 (Local Time) on a weekday (Friday), what are the options (Along with Cost will be helpful) to reach Nijmegen from Amsterday (Remember that I will have atleast 30kg Luggage bag with me).Please suggest.

2. I would get three weekends in during my stay in Nijmegen, I plan to visit Paris,Venice and Swiss or Berlin over these weekends from Nijmegen, As I dont prefer very expensive itenary please suggest some cheap flight or train options and also what places within these cities would I be able to cover in 2 days (which includes my to and fro travel time from Nimegen), also some cheap but neat bed and breakfast inns. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards
      Prasad

4 Answers Jul 9, 2010 at 8:02 AM
    • Trains on Sundays

by jaysee2010 Online Now Jul 2, 2010 at 8:23 AM

I am travelling to Nijmegen for a wedding and need to get back to Eindhoven Airport on Sunday 11th July 2010.
      Can someone tell me train times from Nigmegen on Sundays, please.
      Also any idea what a taxi fare would be between Nigmegen and Eindhoven Airport?
      Many thanks to all
      Jaysee

7 Answers Jul 2, 2010 at 11:49 PM
    • Riverview's Profile Photo

Sunday Shopping

by Riverview Online Now Apr 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM

What are the store hours on Sunday? Are they even open?
      I will be visiting Nijmegen on a Sunday in early May. I have the day available. What can I do? Are there any art galleries, museums or events on Sunday?

5 Answers Apr 29, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    • Riverview's Profile Photo

Nijmegen photo

by Riverview Online Now Apr 28, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Where are the tunnels under the city? What were they used for?

2 Answers Apr 29, 2010 at 7:49 AM
    • Coach Service from Nijmegen to Reims

by dongail Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 7:33 PM

What caoch service is available from Nijmegen to Reims, France? Please give me the name of the coach lines. I will then be able to get a schedule for May 14, 2010
      Thanks

3 Answers Apr 20, 2010 at 2:17 AM
    • Coach service to Groesbeek Canadian War Cemetary

by dongail Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I would like to know what coach service goes from Nijmegen to Groesbeek Canadian War Cemetary. What is the name of the company? Where is the coach station? What is the website to get a schedule for May 2010

1 Answer Apr 19, 2010 at 10:04 PM
    • Pankoeken boot (panckake boat)

by KazzaLeese Online Now Jan 18, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I am pregnant and wish to book a meal onboard the boat for 14 Febuary 2010.
      Do you allow pregnant women onboard and do you have free seats on that date?

Thank you

2 Answers Jan 18, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    • Cheapest way to get from Paris to Nijmegen?

by maryannh55 Online Now Sep 5, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Hi! I am flying into Paris and will be visiting my friend in Nijmegen. Can someone tell me the cheapest way to get from Paris to Nijmegen? Would it be by train or bus and would you know how much it would be? Many thanks!

4 Answers Sep 11, 2009 at 11:46 AM
    • dgediz's Profile Photo

Cheap and nice accomodation at Nijvegen

by dgediz Online Now Jun 9, 2009 at 5:59 AM

Hi,
      I will be in Nijvegen/Holland, between January 4 and April 2 for the Erasmus Mundus Master of Bioethics. Do you know a cheap but nice place which I can stay with my 10 years old daughter? I may share an appartment too. The size of the place should be at least 27 m2.
      Thanks in advance for the information.

1 Answer Jun 9, 2009 at 7:10 AM
    • bus and boat schedules

by Kayser Online Now Apr 25, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Want to know the bus schedule in the morning of may 18th 2009 between Nijmegen and Millingen aan de Rijn?
      Then the boat schedule to cross the Rijn (Waal?)at Millingen?

1 Answer Apr 25, 2009 at 2:26 AM
    • 4 daagse

by Ilya81 Online Now Jan 24, 2009 at 6:39 AM

Good afternoon! Would like to stop in Nijmegen with 19 for 25 this year, group of 15-20 persons. Prompt please who can place group for participation in 4 four-days march. I will be grateful for any information.
      Yours faithfully Ilya.
      mail to: veloshum@mail.ru

3 Answers Feb 15, 2009 at 6:54 PM
    • Boogie Wonderland in Nijmegen

by firetan17 Online Now Nov 27, 2008 at 1:52 AM

Hi there!

I would like to know if the Boogie Wonderland Club in Nijmegen is still in operation? Is it a nice place to spend the night in?
      I'm asking because their website seems to be a little bit out of date...

Thanks in advance.

Tanja

1 Answer Nov 27, 2008 at 8:30 AM
    • Spending night in Nijmegen

by firetan17 Online Now Nov 3, 2008 at 1:59 AM

Hi there!

I will be arriving from Weeze airport to Nijmegen by bus at 1 am in begin of december. Since i'm heading Den Bosch early morning by train I would like to know if there is a bar where i could spend these couple of hours in stead of feezing on the street. Or is it safe for 2 mid-20 girls to spend the night at the railway station?
      Thank you all in advance.

4 Answers Nov 3, 2008 at 10:34 PM
    • johngayton's Profile Photo

City shuttle service?

by johngayton Online Now Oct 24, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Following a recent visit to Nijmegen I am building a little page here on VT and want to know if anyone knows about this (second transportation tip) - Nijmegen Transportation Tips by johngayton

It looks like a feebie city shuttle but I can't find any info about it anywhere.

Any ideas anyone?

5 Answers Oct 26, 2008 at 1:19 PM
    • Nijmegen Marches July 2008 accommodation

by AndrewKlimacki Online Now Sep 29, 2007 at 5:19 AM

My self and a friend (Ages +/- 56) are planning to do the Nijmegen marches in July 2008 15th - 18th. We will be travelling from Northern Ireland (Belfast) and would like some advice on accommodation during the event. We would be happy with bed and breakfast accommodation or hotel. Somewhere where we can have a bed for a few nights, a meal and a nice hot bath/shower post event. We would also be very happy to stay with a Dutch family in private accommodation. We will be using public transport for our travels. I would be very grateful if you can provide any help with this request. Our wives will be 'doing' the cultural sights of Amsterdam while we are 'doing' our research into the science of blisters and how they are created! Thank you for your help.
      Andrew Klimacki

3 Answers Sep 30, 2007 at 9:11 PM
    • directions in nijmegen

by johnx596 Online Now Apr 30, 2007 at 10:08 AM

How far is the closest train station to Goffert Park in Nijmegen? Also could you please email me a map of the city and directions. Thanks and have a great day.

2 Answers Apr 30, 2007 at 1:43 PM