Nijmegen Travel Answers

change location

Visit Venice from Nijmegen

by karprasad Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 3:41 AM

Dear All,

I have 14th and 15th August to Visit Venice from Nijmegen (The Netherlands), Could anyone help me plan my itenary ? I can leave Nijmegen on 13th Aug late evening and must be back in Nijmegen by 16th August early Morning, I saw ryanair option from Dusseldorf wheez to Venice, looks like the there isnt any flight from Dusseldorf wheez to venice on 14th August, please help me with some cheap options.

Regards
Prasad

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Visit Venice from Nijmegen

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Brussels (Charleroi) to Venice-Treviso has Ryan Air flights flights, but you only will have an afternoon + evening at Venice; the returnflight departs at Venice-Treviso 08:35 on the Sunday.

The basis price for that return ticket = 96,23 EUR

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Visit Venice from Nijmegen

by ATLC Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Train is not possible, the trip is 20-22 hours long.
    Indeed, Ryanair does cheap flights from Charleroi Airport.

If you're REALLY quick there might be a slight chance that you can book a flight for August 13 19.35 hrs and return August 15 (evening).
    I've tried to see if there were flights and there is a return flight for Friday evening, return Sunday evening for 154 euro something.

However, there is the significant train travel from Nijmegen to Brussels and then the shuttle bus to Charleroi to consider.

The shuttle from Brussels (station Bruxelles Sud) to Charleroi airport takes about 40 minutes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines