Nijmegen Travel Answers

change location

Nijmegen Marches July 2008 accommodation

by AndrewKlimacki Online Now Sep 29, 2007 at 5:19 AM

My self and a friend (Ages +/- 56) are planning to do the Nijmegen marches in July 2008 15th - 18th. We will be travelling from Northern Ireland (Belfast) and would like some advice on accommodation during the event. We would be happy with bed and breakfast accommodation or hotel. Somewhere where we can have a bed for a few nights, a meal and a nice hot bath/shower post event. We would also be very happy to stay with a Dutch family in private accommodation. We will be using public transport for our travels. I would be very grateful if you can provide any help with this request. Our wives will be 'doing' the cultural sights of Amsterdam while we are 'doing' our research into the science of blisters and how they are created! Thank you for your help.
Andrew Klimacki

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Nijmegen Marches July 2008 accommodation

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Sep 29, 2007 at 8:01 AM

The organisation of this walking event also manages the accommodtion at many local families.

According to the website http://www.vierdaagsenijmegen.com/ you can enter the walks from February 2008 and I suspect you can approach the organisation for accommodation too at that time.

Of course you are free to search for B&B's earlier.

Here are some Nijmegen addresses:

Wennekes
    Nimrodstraat 119
    6531 LE Nijmegen
    Tel: 024-3554391

A- Capella
    Groesbeekseweg 184
    6521 CR Nijmegen
    Tel: 024-3230282

Bed&Breakfast Azul
    Holtermanstraat 38
    6512 DB Nijmegen
    Tel: 024-3601232
    Email: josepoels@hetnet.nl

bedandbreakfast.nl/plaats/Ni...

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Nijmegen Marches July 2008 accommodation

by AndrewKlimacki Online Now Sep 30, 2007 at 3:39 AM

PJ

Thank you very much for your contact details regarding my request for help with accommodation in Nijmegen during the 4 day marches.

Andrew Klimacki

• KarenneeEngel's Profile Photo

Re: Nijmegen Marches July 2008 accommodation

by KarenneeEngel Online Now Sep 30, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Dear Andrew,
    Is this really you? Just browsing looking at travel ideas and came across your unique name so I'm sure it is you unless there are two of you in Belfast! Have fun getting your blisters - I'm with your wife's idea - coffee and shopping on Gaz's credit card. Love Karen

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines