Niger

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What is Meaning of Zinder

Zinder Apr 8, 2014 at 2:59 PM

What does the word Zinder mean and what is the origin of the word? What language does Zinder derive from?

10 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 9:43 AM
    • BraidsL's Profile Photo

Gerewol

Niger Jun 19, 2013 at 4:06 AM

I am scheduled to travel to Niger in September with a British company to see this festival. I am a bit put off by the US State Dept. warnings about travel to Niger. Just wondering if anyone has ever done this trip? I have wanted to see this for at least 10 years.

2 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    • Learning the Tuareg language?

Niger Jun 24, 2011 at 11:01 PM

How can I learn the Tuareg language spoken in Niger?

• Travelling to Agadez & Ingal in 2010/2011

Ingal Aug 6, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Does anyone have playback on the current situation in this area ? I would like to visit Gerewol but have been told it may be unsafe. Any info. would be helpful, Thanks. Kay Johnson

• LGG51's Profile Photo

Visa

Niger Jul 18, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Hi all
      Applying for visa to Niger it says that round-trip ticket must have been purchased at a travel agentcy. Is this mandatory?

3 Answers Jul 19, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    • bukola's Profile Photo

Tips on Niger, especially Niamey

Niger Apr 1, 2008 at 8:14 AM

Hello Folks,

I will be heading to Niger in about 2 weeks. I am so clueless about this country and would appreciate any tips or advices on traveling there ... where to go, how to transport and sleep for cheap,etc...

Cheers

k

2 Answers Nov 22, 2011 at 6:42 AM
    • aemilys's Profile Photo

Iferouane - December 2007

Niger May 11, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Hi,

This is just a shot in the dark, but please if anyone here on VT has been to the Touareg Festival in Iferouane which normally takes place at the end of December, please let me know.

I guess my real question is whether or not I can do this thing with 2500 euros for me and my daughter for two weeks (this budget is for airfare (from Paris direct to Agadez - we only have two weeks and can't do Niamey + bus), lodging and ground transporation in Niger - food, souvenirs, and tips not included). We'd like to leave from Paris on or about the 22 December and return on the 6 January (school vacations). We're not picky and don't require luxury accomadations, all we want is to share in the experience and have some fun.

Thanks for any help,

Aemilys

1 Answer May 14, 2007 at 1:44 AM
    • travelling from agadez to algeria

Departement d' Agadez Apr 30, 2007 at 6:44 PM

how many days does it take to travel from agadez through the sahara to algeria

• rhmjmango's Profile Photo

Visa Niger

Niger Oct 20, 2006 at 6:09 AM

Later this year i will be travelling from Mali to Niger and then onward to Algeria. As a Dutch EU citizen i need a visa for Niger. I read somewhere that a visa can be get at the Mali/Niger border depending on the goodwill of the custom employee. Anybody can fill me in on that and/or what is the next best option.

6 Answers Oct 25, 2006 at 10:25 AM
    • FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

Touring in Agadez in October 2006?

Niger Aug 4, 2006 at 7:20 AM

Hi,

Is there any one doing a tour to the Air mountains and/or Tenere dessert from Agadez starting on the 13th, 14th or 15th of October?
      I arrive in Niamey by plane on 11th of October and I will leave on the 2nd of November so I have some time to see the landscape in the North.

Greetings,

Tobi

• Teimur's Profile Photo

Guides!! Excursions!

Agadez Jan 25, 2006 at 7:40 AM

Can anyone tell me what an independent guide costs per day? For example, a 4 day trip for two people?? Is anyone planning on being there and going to the Air mountains at the end of February?

Best,
      Teimur

1 Answer Feb 18, 2006 at 1:42 AM
    • Dress Code

Niamey Oct 5, 2005 at 10:16 PM

My Husband and I will be travelling to Niamey next year (2006) and are wondering if it is axceptable for men to wear shortsfor work. I have been told that my husband will have to wear long pants at all times, which will be hard in given the heat over there.

We are Australians living in Darwin, Northern Territory.

2 Answers Dec 29, 2005 at 11:01 AM
    • vodolaz's Profile Photo

Collector needs help !

Niger Aug 5, 2005 at 12:09 PM

Hi everybody ! I collect beer labels almost 20 years... Who is in Niger now or may be going soon , please be so kind to get for my collection some beer paper labels or beer mats ( coasters ) ! I will be much obliged to you
      Thanks in advance ,
      D

6 Answers Aug 30, 2006 at 1:57 AM
    • travel options flights and bus

Niger Jun 25, 2005 at 10:50 PM

hi, i will be living in niger for the next two years doing humanitarian work. i have a friend living in cameroon. i wanted to know what was the best way to travel to cameroon. about how much would a plane ticket be? how much and how long would it take to go by bus? does anyone know?

thanks!

1 Answer Jul 29, 2005 at 6:26 AM
    • Nabuchodonosor's Profile Photo

Who made the new Tenere Tree ???

Departement d' Agadez Jun 21, 2005 at 4:13 PM

Here is what I am looking for :

In 1973, the famous Tenere Tree ( an acacia ), in The Niger part of the Tenere desert ( the desert in the Sahara desert ), was hit to death by a lybien truck. For centuries, this tree was a living milestone for the camels caravan; it was the only tree at 400 km around.

In order to replace it, in 1974, somebody or a group of people or an organization, built and installed a new Tenere Tree made of metal, holding long distance spotlights powered by a wind mill coupled to a dynamo. Here are a photo of the original tree members.aol.com/saharayro/ar... and a photo of the new tree nomad-s-land.com/alphot/t20.... .

Do you know who they are ? If not, do you know who could know ?

Later on, in 1998, a famous Japanese Artist, Katsuyuki Shinohara made a monument called "Tree of Wind" on the new Tenere Tree site. Ihis sculpture should not be confused with the "new Tenere Tree".
      Photo of the monument exist at www012.upp.so-net.ne.jp/nige....

Please help me !!!

Regards !

1 Answer Aug 24, 2005 at 11:01 AM
    • titti's Profile Photo

going to Niger?

Niger Dec 16, 2003 at 7:33 AM

Anyone is planning to go to Agadez looking for a tour in Aïr and/or Ténéré in the next two weeks?

1 Answer Dec 18, 2003 at 7:10 AM
    • Bonobo2005's Profile Photo

Cure Salée festival

Niger Jul 29, 2003 at 11:50 AM

just got confirmed that the Cure Salée festival with the Gerewol ceremonies this year takes place on 25th of September (Thanks to DUNES-VOYAGES). Anyone planning to go there, or to other difficult-to-reach places in Niger? maybe we could share a vehicle. Bo!

3 Answers Apr 16, 2005 at 11:37 PM