• PawelK's Profile Photo

bus transport

Nicosia District Sep 23, 2013 at 2:32 AM

hov i going to Alona district nicosia

1 Answer Sep 23, 2013 at 2:42 AM
    • Ossama.Tayson's Profile Photo

how i can visit Turkish side from Greece Side

Nicosia Sep 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Dear Sir.Mrs i am love Cyprus very much i visit the island last year in July i am visit Ayinapa and limassol and larnaca , but i want this month becuse i visit cyprus in next 18-09-2013 after 14 days and i want visit north Cyprus from Greece Cyprus , how i can visit and i want stay 3 night there in north Cyprus and for your information i am Egyption and i have Cyprus visa for one Entry, please how i can visit north Cyprus and how i can get visa from green area between Greece side and turkish side m please i want your help , thanks

6 Answers Sep 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    • Ossama.Tayson's Profile Photo

how i can visit Turkish side from Greece Side

Nicosia Sep 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Dear Sir.Mrs i am love Cyprus very much i visit the island last year in July i am visit Ayinapa and limassol and larnaca , but i want this month becuse i visit cyprus in next 18-09-2013 after 14 days and i want visit north Cyprus from Greece Cyprus , how i can visit and i want stay 3 night there in north Cyprus and for your information i am Egyption and i have Cyprus visa for one Entry, please how i can visit north Cyprus and how i can get visa from green area between Greece side and turkish side m please i want your help , thanks

4 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    • studio for rent

Nicosia Sep 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM

need a studio immediately to rent for a few months - maybe 2-3.
      any ideas anyone - need a monthly rate NOT a daily rate.
      Thanks

1 Answer Sep 3, 2013 at 6:53 AM
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

things to do ....with baby

Nicosia Jul 26, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Hi,

What things are there to do in Nicosia other than seeing historic buildings? We will be going in October for a wedding and staying for 4 days. We will have our (then) 3 month old son with us so he might get a bit irritable going round buildings all day...also i only enjoy a certain amount of historic culture at a go! :-)

Thanks for any suggestions.

10 Answers Aug 4, 2012 at 2:38 AM
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Baby friendly accomodation

Nicosia District Mar 26, 2012 at 4:08 AM

Hi all,

My husband and I have been invited to attend a friend's wedding in October which will be held at the Hilton Park Hotel in Nicosia. They have made arrangements for all foreign guests to get a discounted rate at either the Hilton Park Hotel or the Europa Hotel should we wish. However, since flights aren't that cheap already, we're looking into a different hotel which would still be cheaper than the discounted rates and came across the Asty Hotel. It seems to have very positive reviews. Can anyone comment on this hotel? A particular priority for us would be that it is baby friendly since we would be travelling with a 3-month old baby. I tried to find an email address to contact the hotel directly but they only seem to have snail mail or phone number.

Also, what would be the easiest way for us to get from the Asty to the Hilton Park for the wedding itself? (Keeping in mind that we would have the baby + pushchair). Is there a bus perhaps we could use? I looked it up on google maps and it says it's a 5 min drive. The wedding starts at 4pm (not sure how long it would go on for...but a mode of transport back would also be required at some point).

One other thing....is it easy to get around in Nicosia with a pushchair? For example are buses pushchair friendly, etc?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

5 Answers Apr 2, 2012 at 1:25 AM
    • North to South

Nicosia Nov 28, 2011 at 5:33 AM

Hi all,

Sorry to be a pain but i really need some advise. My husband has booked a trip to Northern Cyprus for 02/12/11-05/12/11 (for my birthday). I have been searcing the internet as i would ideally like to see South Cyprus too. Can anyone advise me as to what the best way of travel is? If we hire a car can we drive through the border into South or are there restrictions? What is the public transport like? We are leaving on Friday and i think this trip might just be crazy because my husband hasnt looked into anything!! (typical) thank you so much everyone.
      x

6 Answers Nov 29, 2011 at 5:31 AM
    • hello

Nicosia Oct 21, 2011 at 5:17 AM

hi please somebody know good hotel in center of nicosia and no far from nightlife please thanks

1 Answer Oct 21, 2011 at 10:47 PM
    • Transportation Inquiry

Nicosia Jan 14, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Hi.

I am going to arrive in Cyprus next week. It's my first time to Cyprus and I don't know a single word of Greek. I am staying in Nicosia so I have the following questions:

1. What's the best way to reach Nicosia from Larnaca airport that is not very expensive? Where can I get shared taxis? Do they operate at 19:00? because that's the time I will be arriving.

2. Are transportation prices fixed or haggling is required?

3. Is it easy/safe for an English-only speaker to find his way alone in Nicosia and Cyprus in general?

4. Where can I get a local cell phone line and what's the average cost of internet access?

Thanks in advance,
      Joseph

• stanley1's Profile Photo

flying to nicosia

Nicosia District Jun 18, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Is it possible to fly direct to nicosia from the Manchester or Liverpool? If not does anybody know if it will be possible in the near future?.

3 Answers Jun 18, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    • nuritza's Profile Photo

From Ercan to Nicosia

Nicosia Apr 7, 2009 at 2:21 AM

I arriving to Ercan airport at midnight and i would like to know the best way to reach Nicosia. I would also be grateful if you could advise me about a hostel to spend 2 nights there.

3 Answers Apr 17, 2009 at 4:58 AM
    • LaurenK's Profile Photo

Strovolos

Nicosia Mar 2, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Hi there,

I am travelling to Cyprus to work for a few days soon. I will be working at the following address - Telecommunications Str., Strovolos.However, I cannot find it anywhere on a map (not even google maps!). Am I correct in saying that Strovolos is a suburb of Nicosia? I am looking for a nice hotel near the city centre where it won't take me to long to get to work in the mornings by taxi but its hard to choose a hotel when I don't know where Telecommunications Street is!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lauren

2 Answers Mar 8, 2009 at 1:29 AM
    • Pharoh_Dino's Profile Photo

Hotels near Kennedy Avenue

Nicosia Feb 8, 2009 at 6:27 AM

Hi All,

Anyone can advice on hotels near or around Kennedy Avenue.

Thanks,
      Hazem

• Muwahhid's Profile Photo

Weather in Cyprus in March

Nicosia Feb 2, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Good day, virtualtravellers,

One quick question for Cyprus lovers - how is the weather like in March in Cyprus?

Thank you in advance,

3 Answers Feb 3, 2009 at 4:16 PM
    • Cheap Lodging in Nicosea

Nicosia District Nov 19, 2008 at 10:46 AM

I am looking for a cheap hostel/apartment/hotel for 2 nights in Nicosea in January. All the online sites I have searched have really high priced hotels. Anyone have any suggestions for me?
      Thanks.

• Mikros Gialos

Lefka Aug 31, 2008 at 10:14 AM

I'm thinking of booking a holiday to Mikros Gialos for the end of September and would appreciate your advice. Are there any tavernas within walking distance at this time of year? Many thanks

• Travelling around Cyprus

Nicosia District Aug 5, 2008 at 10:00 AM

Hi There

My name is Amy, I am 25 years old and am studying in Cyprus at the start of September for a Semester, on an Exchange program. I come from Australia and none of the other people on the program are coming until just after the Semester starts.

I would love to travel around the Island a bit and check out Paphos, Agia Napa and Larnaca especially. I am based in Nicosia and havent really checked much out yet!!

I was wondering if theres anyone around in the same age bracket that is travelling around on their own? It would be awesome to have a travel companion. Otherwise if anyone has got any tips about good places to go in Cyprus when you're on your own, or how to meet other people my age around here that would be awesome!!!

Thanks heaps. My email is ames004@hotmail.com

Regards, Amy :)

1 Answer Apr 7, 2009 at 1:54 AM
    • Best beaches for bodyboarding and surfing lessons?

Nicosia District Jul 17, 2007 at 1:48 PM

We're looking forward to our first ever visit to Cyprus, in August. What we aren't so sure about though is just 'how' we make sure our 15 year old son is entertained enough.

Right up until this year we've always had two children with us, but daughter dearest has decided she is now far too old to be going on vacation with her middle aged parents, so poor son is left somewhat adrift.

He loves swimming, so we know the Water Park will be good for a couple of days. So too, I hope, will the local Nisi Beach be good for some snorkelling. But we're staying for fourteen days.... So.... we thought maybe there might be some beach(es) with waves enough for a relatively good swimmer and his father to try out some body-boarding and/or surfing?

Any ideas, anyone? Any other ideas that might grab the interest of our young man?

Virtual hugs, and my eternal gratitude, for anyone with useful advice.

Chrissie

9 Answers Jul 29, 2007 at 3:01 PM
    • Ercan airport: Public tranportation and sleeping

Nicosia District May 8, 2007 at 10:38 AM

Dear All,

I will arrive with Cyprus Turkish Airways in the morning of 23jun from Istanbul. I will have 24 hours in Northern Cyprus, before flying back on the next morning with Pegasus to Antalya.

Is there any public transportation from Ercan airport to Nicosia/Lefkosa? Internet searches resulted that no... How much would a taxi cost?
      Is there any possibilty to walk (or if it's too far away take a taxi) to a town or village nearby and get public transportation from there? I couldn't find any map of Northern Cyprus which is detailled enough to find an answer to this question.

Next point: Where shall I sleep? I thought about getting back to the airport before sunset and sleep there. I guess it's opened round the clock as there are very early morning departures? Or is there any cheap hostel or similar (I'm on a budget) in Nicosia/Lefkosa. If not on the Northern Cyprus side, maybe on the other side? (although I guess I would not be allowed to enter Cyprus coming in from the North, even I have a EU passport).

Is it worth to take a bus to the sea just for half a day from Nicosia/Lefkosa? How much would it cost? Is public transportation reliable and safe?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Frederic

1 Answer May 9, 2007 at 6:59 AM
    • skiing in troodos

Nicosia Jan 26, 2007 at 8:41 AM

what is the best way of transport to troodos mountains skiing from nicosia we do not have our own transport.

2 Answers Feb 5, 2008 at 11:56 PM
    • flying out of ercan

Nicosia Oct 29, 2006 at 2:00 AM

i live in south cyprus, in nicosia, but i want to take a holiday to turkey. it is cheaper to fly out of and then back into north cyprus, but im not sure of the regulations. is this allowed? will they stamp my passport when i come back? (im a citizen of the USA, not Cyprus).

1 Answer Oct 30, 2006 at 7:02 AM
    • I'm sorry I misspelled the title:hotel prices:)

Nicosia Jul 30, 2006 at 11:42 AM

I'm really sorry.Thank u for all helping answers!!!!!!!!!!

1 Answer Jul 30, 2006 at 2:24 PM
    • hotel prises

Nicosia Jul 30, 2006 at 11:25 AM

Dear Sirs/Madam,
      I'll be in September in Nicosia and I wonder what kind of prises there are in Saray Hotel you recommend.I found its website but the price list is not available.I'm going to stay there 6 nights, so what is the price for one night? I wonder also when should I book it,I mean how many days or weeks before my arrival to Nicosia.I would be very grateful for any helping information.
      kind regards,
      Kasia

• dudes_71's Profile Photo

What to do ?

Nicosia Jul 3, 2006 at 6:54 AM

Hi all, I will be in Larnaca for 4 days and in Nicosia for 3 days starting 23rd July and as usual I have a few questions.

- What hotel would you recommend with good service in Nicosia (we are 2 adults and 2 children under 4 Years)

- What would you recommend we do with the children in Nicosia ?

- What family restaurants are good and what do you recommend ?

- What clothing stores or shops are available in Nicosia or what are the main shopping districts ?

Thanks guys, appreciate your help on this.

Cheers

1 Answer Jul 4, 2006 at 5:27 PM
    • Salberry Bar-does it exist or not?

Nicosia Jun 16, 2006 at 5:30 AM

I'm a Polish student and I'm looking for someone who visited many pubs and bars in Nicosia and would give me some informations about Salberry Bar, Neothidou Rodinou 2 in Nicosia. I would like to know if tnis bar exists at all. If You have heared something about it, please write me back:)
      Greetings from Poland!!!!!!!!!!

1 Answer Jul 20, 2006 at 2:47 PM
    • travelling from north cyprus to berlin

Nicosia May 15, 2006 at 4:57 AM

i want to know the shortest way to go to berlin from kyrenia with a student pass from trnc.

2 Answers Jul 30, 2006 at 2:28 PM
    • Alternative nightlife in Nicosia

Nicosia Apr 29, 2006 at 2:18 AM

We will be spending time in Nicosia fairly soon, and want to find some good places to go out. Last year we went to Zoo but found it had no atmosphere. We want something alternative with good music and lively!!

1 Answer May 2, 2006 at 10:48 AM
    • HeidiSimone

Nicosia Jan 17, 2006 at 8:26 PM

Hi

I need to spend a week in Nicosia this summer but would also like to spend some time at a nice beach. Are there any in or around Nicosia or could you tell me where the nearest beach to Nicosia is please?

2 Answers Jan 18, 2006 at 1:31 PM
    • stevieUK's Profile Photo

Crossing into Northern Cyprus

Nicosia Jul 21, 2005 at 7:24 AM

Is crossing to North Cyprus a straightforward thing these days? Are there issues coming back if you get your passport stamped? What time can you cross from in the morning and do you need to be back by in the evening if you choose to cross for the day?

3 Answers Aug 6, 2005 at 11:50 AM
    • Nicosia to Bulgaria

Nicosia Jun 30, 2005 at 2:28 AM

Hi,

How could I get to Bulgaria from Nicosia?

Thanks for helping,
      Ken

3 Answers Jul 1, 2005 at 4:58 AM