change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Summer season work

Ayia Napa Apr 7, 2014 at 8:34 AM

My stepdaughter would like to find out about summer work in Ayia Napa,eg Promotional,Bar work etc etc.
      Anyone have any info regarding reputable agencies in Ayia Napa/Cyprus for this type of work?

Or at least where to start
      Thanks

more
    • Are there Taxis at Strovilia?

Famagusta Apr 6, 2014 at 5:41 AM

If we walk across the border at the Strovilia Checkpoint, is it possible to find taxis waiting there to take you into Famagusta city centre? If not, how do we get a taxi to pick us up. We don't fancy the long walk into Famagusta!!! Thanks.

more
    • Quiet traditional beach town in the Larnaca District

Larnaca District Apr 20, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I am flying into Larnaca from New Zealand and want to know of a quiet beach town not too far from the airport , with hotel accommodation.

I certainly don't want Ayia Napa type places, but at the same time a few shops and tavernas with a nice beach

What do you recommend, or am I better heading down towards Paphos

Regards

Lee

more
    • Local maps etc

Ayia Napa Apr 2, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Hi i live in England and i am so looking forward to coming to Nissi Beach in August can anyone tell me where in advance i can get maps sent to me at home .. Many thanks as i want to start planning my holiday now

more
    • Taxi Payment-Which currency

Kyrenia District Apr 21, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Taxi fare from Larnaca is quote in pounds.Will the driver expect pounds or can we pay in Turkish equivalent.

more
    • Ossama.Tayson's Profile Photo

how i can visit Turkish side from Greece Side

by Ossama.Tayson Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Dear Sir.Mrs i am love Cyprus very much i visit the island last year in July i am visit Ayinapa and limassol and larnaca , but i want this month becuse i visit cyprus in next 18-09-2013 after 14 days and i want visit north Cyprus from Greece Cyprus , how i can visit and i want stay 3 night there in north Cyprus and for your information i am Egyption and i have Cyprus visa for one Entry, please how i can visit north Cyprus and how i can get visa from green area between Greece side and turkish side m please i want your help , thanks

6 Answers Sep 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    • Ossama.Tayson's Profile Photo

how i can visit Turkish side from Greece Side

by Ossama.Tayson Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Dear Sir.Mrs i am love Cyprus very much i visit the island last year in July i am visit Ayinapa and limassol and larnaca , but i want this month becuse i visit cyprus in next 18-09-2013 after 14 days and i want visit north Cyprus from Greece Cyprus , how i can visit and i want stay 3 night there in north Cyprus and for your information i am Egyption and i have Cyprus visa for one Entry, please how i can visit north Cyprus and how i can get visa from green area between Greece side and turkish side m please i want your help , thanks

4 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    • studio for rent

by BECS18 Online Now Sep 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM

need a studio immediately to rent for a few months - maybe 2-3.
      any ideas anyone - need a monthly rate NOT a daily rate.
      Thanks

1 Answer Sep 3, 2013 at 6:53 AM
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

things to do ....with baby

by oRi_5 Online Now Jul 26, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Hi,

What things are there to do in Nicosia other than seeing historic buildings? We will be going in October for a wedding and staying for 4 days. We will have our (then) 3 month old son with us so he might get a bit irritable going round buildings all day...also i only enjoy a certain amount of historic culture at a go! :-)

Thanks for any suggestions.

10 Answers Aug 4, 2012 at 2:38 AM
    • North to South

by Sadie92 Online Now Nov 28, 2011 at 5:33 AM

Hi all,

Sorry to be a pain but i really need some advise. My husband has booked a trip to Northern Cyprus for 02/12/11-05/12/11 (for my birthday). I have been searcing the internet as i would ideally like to see South Cyprus too. Can anyone advise me as to what the best way of travel is? If we hire a car can we drive through the border into South or are there restrictions? What is the public transport like? We are leaving on Friday and i think this trip might just be crazy because my husband hasnt looked into anything!! (typical) thank you so much everyone.
      x

6 Answers Nov 29, 2011 at 5:31 AM
    • hello

by sofiazambu007 Online Now Oct 21, 2011 at 5:17 AM

hi please somebody know good hotel in center of nicosia and no far from nightlife please thanks

1 Answer Oct 21, 2011 at 10:47 PM
    • Transportation Inquiry

by josephdaniel Online Now Jan 14, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Hi.

I am going to arrive in Cyprus next week. It's my first time to Cyprus and I don't know a single word of Greek. I am staying in Nicosia so I have the following questions:

1. What's the best way to reach Nicosia from Larnaca airport that is not very expensive? Where can I get shared taxis? Do they operate at 19:00? because that's the time I will be arriving.

2. Are transportation prices fixed or haggling is required?

3. Is it easy/safe for an English-only speaker to find his way alone in Nicosia and Cyprus in general?

4. Where can I get a local cell phone line and what's the average cost of internet access?

Thanks in advance,
      Joseph

• nuritza's Profile Photo

From Ercan to Nicosia

by nuritza Online Now Apr 7, 2009 at 2:21 AM

I arriving to Ercan airport at midnight and i would like to know the best way to reach Nicosia. I would also be grateful if you could advise me about a hostel to spend 2 nights there.

3 Answers Apr 17, 2009 at 4:58 AM
    • LaurenK's Profile Photo

Strovolos

by LaurenK Online Now Mar 2, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Hi there,

I am travelling to Cyprus to work for a few days soon. I will be working at the following address - Telecommunications Str., Strovolos.However, I cannot find it anywhere on a map (not even google maps!). Am I correct in saying that Strovolos is a suburb of Nicosia? I am looking for a nice hotel near the city centre where it won't take me to long to get to work in the mornings by taxi but its hard to choose a hotel when I don't know where Telecommunications Street is!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lauren

2 Answers Mar 8, 2009 at 1:29 AM
    • Pharoh_Dino's Profile Photo

Hotels near Kennedy Avenue

by Pharoh_Dino Online Now Feb 8, 2009 at 6:27 AM

Hi All,

Anyone can advice on hotels near or around Kennedy Avenue.

Thanks,
      Hazem

• Muwahhid's Profile Photo

Weather in Cyprus in March

by Muwahhid Online Now Feb 2, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Good day, virtualtravellers,

One quick question for Cyprus lovers - how is the weather like in March in Cyprus?

Thank you in advance,

3 Answers Feb 3, 2009 at 4:16 PM
    • skiing in troodos

by lin18 Online Now Jan 26, 2007 at 8:41 AM

what is the best way of transport to troodos mountains skiing from nicosia we do not have our own transport.

2 Answers Feb 5, 2008 at 11:56 PM
    • flying out of ercan

by kinsley12 Online Now Oct 29, 2006 at 2:00 AM

i live in south cyprus, in nicosia, but i want to take a holiday to turkey. it is cheaper to fly out of and then back into north cyprus, but im not sure of the regulations. is this allowed? will they stamp my passport when i come back? (im a citizen of the USA, not Cyprus).

1 Answer Oct 30, 2006 at 7:02 AM
    • I'm sorry I misspelled the title:hotel prices:)

by kasiazw Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 11:42 AM

I'm really sorry.Thank u for all helping answers!!!!!!!!!!

1 Answer Jul 30, 2006 at 2:24 PM
    • hotel prises

by kasiazw Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 11:25 AM

Dear Sirs/Madam,
      I'll be in September in Nicosia and I wonder what kind of prises there are in Saray Hotel you recommend.I found its website but the price list is not available.I'm going to stay there 6 nights, so what is the price for one night? I wonder also when should I book it,I mean how many days or weeks before my arrival to Nicosia.I would be very grateful for any helping information.
      kind regards,
      Kasia

• dudes_71's Profile Photo

What to do ?

by dudes_71 Online Now Jul 3, 2006 at 6:54 AM

Hi all, I will be in Larnaca for 4 days and in Nicosia for 3 days starting 23rd July and as usual I have a few questions.

- What hotel would you recommend with good service in Nicosia (we are 2 adults and 2 children under 4 Years)

- What would you recommend we do with the children in Nicosia ?

- What family restaurants are good and what do you recommend ?

- What clothing stores or shops are available in Nicosia or what are the main shopping districts ?

Thanks guys, appreciate your help on this.

Cheers

1 Answer Jul 4, 2006 at 5:27 PM
    • Salberry Bar-does it exist or not?

by omelka Online Now Jun 16, 2006 at 5:30 AM

I'm a Polish student and I'm looking for someone who visited many pubs and bars in Nicosia and would give me some informations about Salberry Bar, Neothidou Rodinou 2 in Nicosia. I would like to know if tnis bar exists at all. If You have heared something about it, please write me back:)
      Greetings from Poland!!!!!!!!!!

1 Answer Jul 20, 2006 at 2:47 PM
    • travelling from north cyprus to berlin

by okenwa71 Online Now May 15, 2006 at 4:57 AM

i want to know the shortest way to go to berlin from kyrenia with a student pass from trnc.

2 Answers Jul 30, 2006 at 2:28 PM
    • Alternative nightlife in Nicosia

by Brad&Ange Online Now Apr 29, 2006 at 2:18 AM

We will be spending time in Nicosia fairly soon, and want to find some good places to go out. Last year we went to Zoo but found it had no atmosphere. We want something alternative with good music and lively!!

1 Answer May 2, 2006 at 10:48 AM
    • HeidiSimone

by HeidiSimone Online Now Jan 17, 2006 at 8:26 PM

Hi

I need to spend a week in Nicosia this summer but would also like to spend some time at a nice beach. Are there any in or around Nicosia or could you tell me where the nearest beach to Nicosia is please?

2 Answers Jan 18, 2006 at 1:31 PM
    • stevieUK's Profile Photo

Crossing into Northern Cyprus

by stevieUK Online Now Jul 21, 2005 at 7:24 AM

Is crossing to North Cyprus a straightforward thing these days? Are there issues coming back if you get your passport stamped? What time can you cross from in the morning and do you need to be back by in the evening if you choose to cross for the day?

3 Answers Aug 6, 2005 at 11:50 AM
    • Nicosia to Bulgaria

by luqa17 Online Now Jun 30, 2005 at 2:28 AM

Hi,

How could I get to Bulgaria from Nicosia?

Thanks for helping,
      Ken

3 Answers Jul 1, 2005 at 4:58 AM
    • Miesque's Profile Photo

Nicosia Race Course

by Miesque Online Now Apr 19, 2005 at 1:06 PM

Anyone know which side of the green line the race course is?

2 Answers Apr 20, 2005 at 3:08 PM
    • borisko's Profile Photo

OLD City question

by borisko Online Now Feb 24, 2005 at 6:22 AM

Hi I'm looking for a simple fact answer about the Old City of Nicosia ... I would like to know about the diameter of the old city, and how many square km has the old city at all - within the walls,

1 Answer Feb 24, 2005 at 6:22 AM
    • MrBill's Profile Photo

Flying from Nicosia to Turkey

by MrBill Online Now Feb 24, 2005 at 4:09 AM

Hello all,

I have heard from my colleagues that it is not possible for me to cross the green line in Nicosia from Cyprus to the Republic of Northern Cyprus and take a flight from Nicosia to Istanbul or Ankara. They tell me that I may be arrested or get into trouble on my return as this is considered illegal. That is to improperly leave and then re-enter Cyprus without going through customs so to speak?

Does anyone know the true story here? Flights from Nicosia are much cheaper and direct. If not, I would have to fly from Larnaca to Turkey via the ME or somewhere and that would add both time and expense. Thanks.

Very much appreciated.

Bill.

8 Answers Sep 1, 2005 at 1:31 AM
    • Student accomodation

by renaud_82 Online Now Jan 15, 2004 at 9:45 AM

Geia sas, I am a french student and as part of my courses I have to do a practical training this summer. I decided to work in Nicosia and I will stay there from 31st May till beginning of August. Somebody can help me to find accomodation (with roomates or not)?? Thanks Renaud renaud_82@hotmail.com

1 Answer Jan 26, 2004 at 7:14 AM