Nicosia Travel Answers

change location
oRi_5's Profile Photo

things to do ....with baby

by oRi_5 Online Now Jul 26, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Hi,

What things are there to do in Nicosia other than seeing historic buildings? We will be going in October for a wedding and staying for 4 days. We will have our (then) 3 month old son with us so he might get a bit irritable going round buildings all day...also i only enjoy a certain amount of historic culture at a go! :-)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: things to do ....with baby

by leics Online Now Jul 26, 2012 at 3:32 AM

I don't think your baby will care two hoots whether you are inside or outside, to be honest!

But if you want something different, Nicosia is a typical city...there are lots of shops, cafes, restaurants etc. You (not the baby...he won't care much!) might like to go to the zoo, or one of the parks:

turismocipro.it/file/Cyprus_...

There's a good bit of info about Nicosia parks here:

expatforum.com/expats/cyprus...

and lots of ideas from VT-ers here:

Nicosia Things to Do

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • greekcypriot's Profile Photo

by greekcypriot Online Now Jul 27, 2012 at 5:35 AM

As the previous member stated and she is very correct, I also don't think your kid can understand much whether you are in historic buildings, a beautiful hotel, or out shopping.
    An idea is to take it to the Camel Park.
    http://camel-park.com/

I am still smiling and this is how it shows that you are a new mother and a caring one. Luckily you are going in October and thus you will avoid the heat.
    I am sure you will have the opportunity to see many things and probably your friends or relatives will drive you to other places as well.
    You can also get to Paphos, Larnaca or Limassol or choose to go to the north side and be sure to take your bathing suites along. The waters are nice and you will surely want to swim.

• oRi_5's Profile Photo

by oRi_5 Online Now Jul 31, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Thanks for the tips! What I meant about the baby is that looking at animals/flowers/etc for example might be a bit more interesting for him...also it will give more opportunity to stop and take him out of the pram.

And yes you are right...first time mum and venturing into the unknown world of travelling with a baby!! :)

Is the sea still warm enough to swim in October so??

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jul 31, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I was about to say, about 'warm enough to swim': 'That depends where you come from'. But your profile page says you come from Malta?

I'm sure you don't...perhaps you'd like to change your home location?

Average sea temperatures for Malta here (scroll down):

holiday-weather.com/malta/av...

Considerably warmer than UK sea temperatures!! :-)

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jul 31, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Trust me, at 3 months your baby will be interested in *everything* when he is awake. Really. So flowers etc won't be any more interesting for him than e.g. the cars as they pass or the play of light and shadow on shop windows.

So you really don't need to worry about that aspect: all your baby wants at that age is to be fed and comfortable, and to have his mum and dad nearby. :-)

• oRi_5's Profile Photo

by oRi_5 Online Now Aug 1, 2012 at 2:35 AM

thanks for the words of encouragement! :)

yes i do come from Malta....and yes the weather is MUCH nicer than the UK :P although I would have stopped swimming by October hehe.

One other question I do have which is not related to the subject in question is with regards to travelling. I know I saw in the news recently that taxis were obliged to have a car seat available following some new legislation - but I'm not sure which country it was. So I was wondering if anyone knows if taxis would have a car seat available if requested or we should take ours with us.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Aug 1, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Can't help with that, I'm afraid, although I don't think it is a legal requirement for taxis to use car seats. In many/most EU countries taxis are exempt from the EU directive which requires children to be carried in car seats.

Hopefully a Maltese member will be able to advise, but I'd suggest you take your own anyway.

Presumably you aren't living in Malta at the moment? It's just that 'location' is usually where people are actually living now, not their origins (if you see what I mean).

• oRi_5's Profile Photo

by oRi_5 Online Now Aug 2, 2012 at 9:58 AM

LOL I'm amused why you seem convinced I don't live in Malta. I am Maltese and live in Malta as my profile states :)

Hopefully a Cypriot might have more info re taxis rather than a Maltese! ;)

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Aug 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Basically, because I'm a poor old soul. Please ignore me...my brain hurts. :-(

My apologies...

• oRi_5's Profile Photo

by oRi_5 Online Now Aug 4, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Hehe no worries :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines