Nicosia Travel Answers

change location
nuritza's Profile Photo

From Ercan to Nicosia

by nuritza Online Now Apr 7, 2009 at 2:21 AM

I arriving to Ercan airport at midnight and i would like to know the best way to reach Nicosia. I would also be grateful if you could advise me about a hostel to spend 2 nights there.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • george5b's Profile Photo

Re: From Ercan to Nicosia

by george5b Online Now Apr 16, 2009 at 12:54 AM

At that time a taxi is your only option. It is best to order a taxi with a reliable agency to pick you up, to avoid being ripped off.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nuritza's Profile Photo

by nuritza Online Now Apr 16, 2009 at 2:06 AM

Thank you for your answer. Yes, i made reservation with a taxi company called youngtaxi, 50YTL. I wrote different companies and up to 2 days ago this was the best price. Unfortunately, yesterday i got a better offer from another company, vioreltaxi, asking me for 40YTL!! So, this is the best price till now!!!

• javac's Profile Photo

by javac Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 4:58 AM

You probably know that Ercan is the airport in the northern part of Cyprus. It is located just outside (North - occupied by turkish troops) Nicosia.
    Nicosia is a divided city, so if you are planning to visit the southern (Greek) part of the city you need to pass through the Ayios Dometios (Kermiya) checkpoint. You may also walk to the south through Ledra Palace checkpoint or through the Ledra street (Lokmaci) checkpoint - for pedestrians only.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines