Nicosia Travel Answers

change location
LaurenK's Profile Photo

Strovolos

by LaurenK Online Now Mar 2, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Hi there,

I am travelling to Cyprus to work for a few days soon. I will be working at the following address - Telecommunications Str., Strovolos.However, I cannot find it anywhere on a map (not even google maps!). Am I correct in saying that Strovolos is a suburb of Nicosia? I am looking for a nice hotel near the city centre where it won't take me to long to get to work in the mornings by taxi but its hard to choose a hotel when I don't know where Telecommunications Street is!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lauren

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • demetriana's Profile Photo

Re: Strovolos

by demetriana Online Now Mar 8, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Hello from Nicosia

Yes Strovolos is indeed a suburb of Nicosia but so closed to it that is practically one city! Stovolos is larger municipality than Nicosia municipality...
    Stovolos is on your left hand hand if you are entering the city from the motorway (highway) while coming from the airport....

What else is in Strovolos?
    Central Bank of Cyprus
    Marks & Spencer Home
    Dasoupolis Lycium
    Ayia Paraskeui Alfa Bank Branch
    WV Cars Showroom

Other main Roads
    Armenias Ave
    Lemesos or Lemesou Ave

Let me try and find a map and i will tell you where Teleccomunications Street is....

If you are coming to Larnaka airport it is 40 km to Nicosia by car or taxi ask for Kapnos Buses at the airport. Travelling every one hour fron Larnaka to Nicosia. it is very cheap only 7 euros. Closest Bus Shutle in Strovolos is Filoxenia Bus Shuttle. From there you can take a taxi (always available taxis there)and go to your apartment or hotel... few minutes drive

I think Telecommunications Street it is near my apartment (short term accomodation...) but want to be sure before i tell you some more things....

When are you coming to Nicosia(Stovolos)?

Should you need any more information let me know...

Best Regards

Demetriana

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • demetriana's Profile Photo

Re: Strovolos

by demetriana Online Now Mar 8, 2009 at 1:29 AM

Try this site www.emf.mcw.gov.cy
    Unfortunately only in Greek
    Cyta stands for Cyprus Telecoomunications Authority - the street took it's name after this.

It's like i told you... if you are coming from the motorway (from Larnaka Airport) this area is on your left hand!

Best Regards

Demetriana

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines