Nicosia Travel Answers

change location
stevieUK's Profile Photo

Crossing into Northern Cyprus

by stevieUK Online Now Jul 21, 2005 at 7:24 AM

Is crossing to North Cyprus a straightforward thing these days? Are there issues coming back if you get your passport stamped? What time can you cross from in the morning and do you need to be back by in the evening if you choose to cross for the day?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Crossing into Northern Cyprus

by coscon2004 Online Now Jul 22, 2005 at 3:44 AM

There's absolutely no problem. Since last year you can cross both ways 24hrs a day. You never get your passport stamped while crossing into or from the North. This happens in very rare cases only at Ercan Airport but it's also no longer a problem following an Eu Directive in May 2004. And you don't have to be back South in the evening. That's also gone. You can stay in the North as long as you like now.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Crossing into Northern Cyprus

by timr Online Now Jul 26, 2005 at 2:45 AM

COSCON2004:

Sorry if it sounds like I am asking you the same question but I want to make sure that what we plan to do there will be no problems. We want to fly into the south but spend our entire holiday in the north - then cross back to south and fly home. Is this OK? My girlfriend has only a New Zealand passport (not EU) - does this affect anything at all? It may sound funny to want to fly in/out of sth but spend entire holiday in north but it is MUCH MUCH cheaper to get flights into south (cause that's where all the British tourists go). Thanks very much in advance for your help :-) Tim

• RE: RE: Crossing into Northern Cyprus

by coscon2004 Online Now Aug 6, 2005 at 11:50 AM

I hope this reply reaches you early enough. I just read your question a while ago. Don't worry about it. New Zealanders are among foreigners who do not need a visa to enter the South and so she will be having no problem at all. Flying into the South is understandable, flights are indeed much cheaper.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines