Nice Travel Answers

change location
LeslieofTodd's Profile Photo

Getting There: Annecy to Nice

by LeslieofTodd Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM

As part of an 18 day visit to France I will be traveling from Annecy to Nice in early May 2013 and I would like advice on the best way to travel between these two cities. By train, it would appear that I would need to be aboard the train in Annecy before 7am in order to arrive in Nice in daylight (and I do consider this important as I will be traveling alone and like to be settled in by nightfall). I would consider flying but I'm not sure what combination of transport this would require. Any advice on the most sensible way to get from Annecy to Nice would be greatly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: Getting There: Annecy to Nice

by gwened Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM

get a train
    www.voyages-sncf.com
    Train
    type in annecy and then nice, put the dates and bingo,its in French but very easy
    cheers

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • LeslieofTodd's Profile Photo

by LeslieofTodd Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Thank you for your suggestion. I have been to the SNCF site and see just one train that will get me from Annecy into Nice before dark. In looking at your pages I see just how extensive your travel knowledge is. I may be directing more questions your way if you wouldn't mind. I am new to European travel and journeying on my own so I am trying to pin things down so as to reduce worries during the trip. I appreciate the help!

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Elainehead's Profile Photo

by Elainehead Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 10:14 AM

If you'd like a faster way, maybe you should consider taking a train to Geneva, Switzerland and then a plane to Nice.

1 member found this helpful

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM

glad to be of help, enjoy your trip

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines