would it be possible to find these in france near nice
thank you so muich
june marion

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Re: cuckoo clock

by Kathrin_E Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Cuckoo clocks are not likely to be found neither in Nice or in Switzerland. Their home is the Black Forest in Germany.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

by akkipaa Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Why don't you buy a cuckoo from some web shop there are many providers selling from cheap to expensive.

By the way, during summertime I live in a house where is a cuckoo. It's nice, I don't stop it till night, get used to every half hour cuckoo easily and the advantage is that on the morning you just wait next cuckoo and decide is it to to wake up. Of course it might take 59 mins before you know :)

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Yes it is common belief that cuckoo clocks come from Switzerland but as said they are actually from Bavaria

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 7:36 AM

well dont have one, but maybe if not found in Nice, you can have ship back to you from the Black Forest

cuckooclocks.com/?gclid=CL2D...

or if staying in Nice long you can ordered from here to your place there
    boutique-pendule.fr/index.ph...

Do not know any shops near Nice that sells them sorry
    hope it helps

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Hi. You e-mailed me so I answered you there, but I'll repeat here that if I missed the Switzerland part of my trip, I'd wait for a future trip to buy that watch if I wanted it as a souvenir. To me a souvenir should be something that brings back a memory of the trip. I'd look for something made locally or a local tradition as a souvenir of Nice and Provence like Provencal-patterned or Jacquard-woven linens for dining, bed or bath; local perfumes and soaps or the wonderful little Santon statues that are such a beautiful tradition.

Wait for a trip to Switzerland for your Swiss watch and wait for a trip to Bavaria for your cuckoo clock. You can probably buy either of them at home and not have to carry it with you or pay Customs . . . or get them on the Internet if you just want to have them. But for souvenirs, plan another trip and get them in the moment . . . for the memories.

Enjoy the rest of your trip in Provence.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines