Nicaragua

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• busses from Leon tot Granada

León Apr 3, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Do I have to make a reservation for the busses or can you just take a bus on the day you want to travel and between wich times I can take a bus?

buitenbeentje2009@hotmail.com

1 Answer Apr 4, 2014 at 11:59 AM
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Can I buy a prepaid SIM card in San Carlos?

San Carlos Mar 28, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Or is it even possible to buy a cheapish mobile phone only for SMS and national phone calls. I will arrive from Costa Rica and stay for a week or so in the region before heading north.

• jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

City tours

Managua Mar 2, 2014 at 1:39 PM

When I got to Nicaragua next summer I would like to make a guided city tour. I have been in Nicaragua twice but never in Managua. About 8 years ago I met someone that ran this business: citytoursmanagua.com/rutasgu....
      I don’t remember his name and the e-mail adress isn’t working. The agencies I found in the internet don’t seem to make tours of this kind he made. Shall I instead rent a taxi for a few hours? But I would also like to go to markets and walk the city.

5 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM
    • cheap hotel leon

Nicaragua Feb 24, 2014 at 2:20 PM

cheap accomodation

leon nicaragua

3 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    • Nicaragua airport and SJDS

Managua Feb 8, 2014 at 6:06 AM

My niece went to Nicaragua on mission trip. Going through customs she said was very scary they were going through their luggage and taking stuff. Does this really happen. Im planning to visit SJDS next year. Now im scared of airport and driving around. Should I be.

9 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM
    • country hopping

Nicaragua Feb 2, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Does any one know if there is a form of transportation from guanacaste costa Rica to california? Prefer not to fly and am interested in a train. Does anyone have any answered?

4 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Backpacking Nicaragua tips– places... Ok for solo trip?

Nicaragua Jan 24, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Hi there!
      I 'm travelling solo to Central America in March, flying to San Hose, and consider for later to enter Nicaragua from there, for a week - ten day trip -I have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
      Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Nicaragua, mostly half south part of the country, at low budget levels of comfort?
      Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
      My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, volcanoes… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
      I 'll move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide .
      Safety is a concern for me also, as a solo traveller. When backpacking you are exposed more openly to the situations of real life around you, and Nicaragua has some discouraging statistics on those....
      Many thanks, happy travels to all!
      Nikolaos

6 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 5:38 AM
    • Ferry schedule from Altagracia to Granada

Isla de Ometepe Jan 17, 2014 at 9:51 AM

I am interested in taking the ferry from Altagracia to Granada. The schedule indicates that the ferry leaves Friday at 24:00 (midnight). Would this mean Thurs night/Friday morning or Friday night/Saturday morning. I'm slightly confused as 24:00 is not actually used in military time. Thanks for helping!

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    • Anyone who would like to share a taxi in Ometepe to see the petroglyphs?

Nicaragua Dec 12, 2013 at 10:24 PM

HI - this is a long shot I guess but I am eager to see as many as I can and most of the usual means of transportation are not possible for me. I don't drive, and physical problems/age make scooters and bicycles out of the question. I am an older American woman, mostly agreeable to have around, an educated and sensitive person. I am currently in Granada and will be around for the next few weeks, so I thought I would give this a try. Thanks, Jean

2 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    • Pre Columbian ruin sites, museums

Nicaragua Dec 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM

HI - I know that there is not a lot of these in Nicaragua. I am currently in Granada, I have visited the San Francisco museum and will visit Mimuseo when it reopens on Tuesday; I am still figuring out how to get to Ometepe without a car. To see the archeological site there is it better to leave from Rivas or Granada? I have seen that there are a few things in Esteli and I read a really interesting but ten years old article - reproduced many times but there is no followup I can find - about this important site near Kurkra Hill (Bluefields) on the coast. After 2003 there does not seem to be any information about continuing research, or visits. It is certainly not on the tourist route! Any information or ideas are appreciated. Thanks, Jean

3 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    • Bus from El Savador to Managua

Nicaragua Nov 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Hi - I am in trouble with air tickets because of last minute decision making (nothing new) - Flying from the States to Managua in a week or so, the situation is horrible. It would be simpler and cheaper - although still a bit of a struggle - to fly into El Salvador and then take a bus. Any ideas on which company? I do know about the Tica Bus but I dont know if can reserve a seat online, that could be risky. Any advice? thanks, Jean

8 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    • horseback riding

Las Peñitas Nov 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Hi, we are planning a family trip to Las Penitas in January. -Family with 2 teenagers. We like to get some information on horsebackriding in Las Penitas. I can't seem to find any information on places or prices or any set-ups with horses. - Only says that Hotels will arrange something. Is there any place you can ride that also has rooms to stay in?
      There isn't by any chance a sea-doo (jet-ski) rental?
      Thank you for giving us any kind of information!

1 Answer Nov 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    • interesting places in nicaragua

Nicaragua Nov 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM

what are some places in nicaragua to have fun�

2 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    • Interesting hotels in nicaragua

Nicaragua Nov 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM

What has been the best hotel in Nicaragua�

3 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    • Where would I be able to see sloths in Nicaragua?

Nicaragua Nov 15, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Not only to see them, but to also possibly hold and get a few photos with one?
      Thank you!

3 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    • Nicaragua - Travel Safety

Nicaragua Nov 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Hi there. I would be very thankful to get some information how dangerous it really is traveling in Nicaragua. I have read so different things - It's very confusing. I would like to travel there with my boyfriend. How dangerous is it? I thank you very much for your answers. Best wishes from Germany

6 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 7:25 AM
    • Experiences, advice for Nicaragua

Nicaragua Oct 28, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Hi - I am looking for a new winter destination in Central America - Has anyone spent some significant time in Granada? is there a lot to do or does one get bored fast? is it super hot all the time? I am looking at several months, and moderate moving around - any other suggestions are welcome - thanks, Jean

15 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    • Prices on Jewelry

Pochomil Oct 18, 2013 at 7:05 AM

How much does the Jewelry cost at Pochomil Beach?

1 Answer Oct 18, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • Little Corn to Big Corn

Corn Island Oct 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Anyone have any problems taking the early boat from LCI to BCI AND making the 8am flight on La Costena to Managua?

• Is Big Corn Island Safe for two Nicas living in the states for over 25 years?

Corn Island Oct 7, 2013 at 12:05 AM

How safe is Casa Canada for two Nica women who live in the states?

• How safe is Big Corn Island for two middle aged women arrriving in March?

Corn Island Oct 7, 2013 at 12:03 AM

How safe is Casa Canada for two Nica women who live in the states?

1 Answer Oct 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM
    • Nancy1jean's Profile Photo

Montelimar to San Jorge (Ferry)

Montelimar Oct 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Hi!
      How long will it take from Montelimar Barcelo to San Jorge ferry for Ometepe.
      How much apx will a Taxi cost for that ride? We are planning a 2 days at Ometepe, do we have to reserve
      a taxi for the ride back to the Montelimar Resort or there is always taxis available at the ferry station ?
      Many Thanks!
      Nj

• Nancy1jean's Profile Photo

Nicaragua: From Montelimar (Barcelo) to San Jorge (Ferry)

Isla de Ometepe Oct 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Hi! Does anyone knows how long it takes from Montelimar to San Jorge (Ferry for Moyogalpa) with by car. How much aproximately will a taxi cost for that ride ?
      Or, is there any bus we can take and go direct ?

Many thanks
      Nancy
      nancy1jean@gmail.com

• Bus to San Juan del Sur

San Juan del Sur Sep 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a bus that travels from Rivas to San Juan del Sur and how much the cost is? We are traveling to Rivas from Costa Rica on the Tica Bus and last time it cost us $25 for a taxi to take us to San Juan del Sur which is expensive and hoping to just take the bus instead. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Oct 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    • which country of the two

Managua Sep 27, 2013 at 9:57 PM

which country of two is safer Managua, Nicaragua or Tijuana mexico? if given a choice which of these two choices would any of you choose to live in?

6 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • food and drink costs

Nicaragua Aug 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Would like to get the general idea of costs for meals and beer and wine. Also tipping and haggling prices.

2 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    • Question title

Nicaragua Aug 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Hi travel bugs, I am 52 and a solo female traveler that speaks VERY little Spanish. I would love to visit Nicaraqua, my passion is wildlife. I have done Panama, Belize, Ecuador, Costa Rica alone, did fine. How does NICARAGUA compare? Can I make it safely with a phrase book? I want to visit the Volcanos and maybe do a week at a Spanish school. I would love to see the jungle too, and maybe Corn Island? ADVICE? THANKS! (=..=)

4 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    • mommita's Profile Photo

Transportation/Lodging

Nicaragua Jun 5, 2013 at 4:10 AM

I see a lot of posts, but unfortunately I don't see much on recent transportation costs. I'm looking to fly into Managua and go to León and then back down to Masaya, Granada, and possibly down to San Juan Del Sur. However, I heard Pochomil is better than SJDS? Any help appreciated. I'm leaving July 22. Tips on places to stay along with the transportation would help too. As long as the place is clean, a shower, and SAFE...I'm good.
      Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    • mommita's Profile Photo

Travel Advice

Nicaragua May 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Can anyone help out with suggestions on renting car and just winging it on places to stay from Leon to San Juan Del Sur? I'm traveling at the end of July 2013. Renting a car and want to just "wing it" on the hotels, BB, hostels and etc. From Leon to San Juan Del Sur.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2013 at 4:19 AM
    • Safety Concerns

Nicaragua May 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I am planning on going to Managua to intern for Oxfam during the month of June. I am a 20 year old female and will be traveling alone. I got a scholarship to do this internship, but after doing some research on the region, I am reconsidering whether to go. Would I be better off not going? Or if I do decide to go, what areas would be recommended to rent an apartment in?

7 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 10:56 AM