Nicaragua Travel Answers

change location
sashanyc28's Profile Photo

direct bus from Grenada, Nicaragua to Liberia, Costa Rica?

by sashanyc28 Online Now Nov 28, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Can anyone advise any information on a direct bus from Grenada, Nicaragua bus to Liberia, Costa Rica?

Does anyone know where I can find the schedule? How I can book tickets?

Everywhere I look on the internet gives information on how to get to Grenada from Costa Rica, but I need information on the reverse..

Ideally what I would like to do is arrive in Managua (by flight from New York) on Thursday 6 January 2011.

Take private car service or shuttle from Managua airport to Grenada. Price is not an issue, safety is!

Spend 3 nights in Grenada, Nicaragua

Take a bus from Grenada to Liberia, CR on Sunday.
Arrive in Liberia, and take a local taxi to airport, or car rental location. Pick up my rental car that same day and drive to Arenal / La Fortuna and stay there Sunday night.

After that I have a week in Costa Rica and already an itinerary planned there..

Really the most important thing I would like to know is can I take an early morning direct bus from Grenada to Liberia, and then pick up a rental car in Liberia in the same day..?

I am sure this can all be done very easily.. but just want to confirm..

Again, only direct bus only Grenada to Liberia. I definitely do not want to back track to Managua, and don't want to take the bus all the way to San Jose either!

Many Thanks!!
George

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • jmhultin's Profile Photo

Re: direct bus from Grenada, Nicaragua to Liberia, Costa Rica?

by jmhultin Online Now Dec 12, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I'm as new at this as you, but I'm researching similar questions. Look at www.ticabus.com.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mmacmu1's Profile Photo

Re: direct bus from Grenada, Nicaragua to Liberia, Costa Rica?

by mmacmu1 Online Now Dec 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM

In addition to Ticabus, Nicabus also has buses. Your best bet is just to go to the Ticabus station when you arrive in Grenada. For like 30 bucks you will get an assigned seat You should buy them in advance. Of course you can always take a public bus... but you won't have an assigned seat or have your bags checked.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Nicaragua Travel Answer Locations