Niagara-on-the-Lake Travel Answers

change location

NOTL in November

by nugs44 Online Now Oct 13, 2008 at 10:34 AM

My wife and I are celebrating our anniversary at the Pillar & Post at the end of November - #1 - is it still worth doing a wine tour at that time? Has anyone ever taken one of the cooking classes I see advertised on some sites at the wineries? And lastly, what are a few "can't miss" things to do at that time of year? Thanks for your time.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • JennysTravels's Profile Photo

Re: NOTL in November

by JennysTravels Online Now Oct 13, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Hello there.

I love this little town and I did a lot of my growing up there. If you have never been to The Pillar and Post then you are in for a wonderful experince. I used to work at the bar/lounge. When I was small my grandfather would take me here for afternoon tea and we would sit, he would talk with his freinds and I would admire the atmosphere.

It's definalty worth doing a wine tour at that time of year in NOTL. I recommend Peller Estates Winery, Jackson-Trigss Winery and in the town of NOTL there is a small tasting shop. Im sorry at this time I don't recall the name of this shop but is across from the town clock. I have done many tastings here and have enjoyed each one. Also check out Hildebrand Winery.

I haven't done any of the cooking classes. However I used to work for a chef that hosted these events and he told me the turn out was decent. If you have the time I would indulge in this activity.

Ok ... not to miss. That time of year is hit and miss with the weather. Take a peek into The Prince of Wales Hotel, it's on the corner you can't miss it. Try some Canadian Fudge and Maple Syrup.

If you have a car take a drive to Niagara Falls. About a 30 minute drive from NOTL. This is my hometown. If you have any questions on NF check out my NF pages here on VT.

Happy Travels.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Niagara-on-the-Lake