Niagara-on-the-Lake Travel Answers

change location

What about moving there?

by mourmar Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Hello, a friend of ours suggested to my husband that being an IT technician, it would be great if he moved at the region to do business with him. We know how nice and touristic the place is but what about living there? How 's the real life?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • janetmt's Profile Photo

Re: What about moving there?

by janetmt Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Hi there,
    Well, I have never lived there but have spent a fair amount of time there. It is a nice place but very touristy. I have a friend who lives in St. Davids which is near Niagara and she points out that housing is much cheaper than around Toronto, however, pay rates tend to be lower as well. She also says that you can't expect the same kind of services as you can in larger cities. For example, she cannot find a doctor for herself. Having said this, if you are able to, zipping across the border may be an option. So, like any place, there are trade offs.
    Cheers,
    Janet

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: What about moving there?

by mourmar Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Hello there,
    Thanks a million for your answer. It was most helpfull. We will have to talk with my husband... a lot!
    Take care.

• JennysTravels's Profile Photo

Re: What about moving there?

by JennysTravels Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 5:06 AM

I have to say that NOTL is not 'very touristy,' sure in the summer months the numbers increase, but are you planning on living Main Street? I grew up in this town and love it with all my heart. NOTL has really developed in the last few years. There is plenty of country-side, fresh fruit and veg and plenty to do. Niagara Falls which is a 20 min drive from NOTL is a touristy place. I think you'll really enjoy NOTL if you like small towns.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Niagara-on-the-Lake