Travel Answers
Niagara Falls

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• I'm in search of west side long term stay hotel in NYC ?

New York State Nov 26, 2014 at 1:32 AM

I need Advice on finding good hotel under $300 a night with breakfast.

more
    • From BUF Airport to Niagara-on-the-Lake is a Canadian town located in Southern Ontario

Buffalo Dec 15, 2014 at 4:14 AM

Hi everyone, I have always wanted to visit Niagara-on-the-Lake is a Canadian town located in Southern Ontario and I guess the day has come now....I know it kinda cold right now this time of winter and thinking to travel when springs comes or summer time. My question is which season are pretty good to visit the Niagara-on-the-Lake....I hope this will be answered by the person who lives there or the person who had seen both season and had good experience. My second question is since I will be coming via a plane to Buffalo Airport and from there I had to take some sort of transportation. Is there any reliable cheaper transportation that takes me straight to the lake? I made a little research and found this website http://buffaloexpresstaxi.com/ claiming that they will provide a sightseeing tour without no waiting charge it sounds pretty good to me but just want to make sure if I have another option. Thank you so much for your relevant information and time.

more
    • Looking for an off campus student housing in Manhattan ?

New York State Nov 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Where can I find affordable off campus for students in New York? I am planning of my further studies in New York City. Need your suggestions.

more
    • what to do on new years eve in new york

New York State Yesterday

We are both in our 60's but certainly not over the hill. Any ideas on what to do? Not into lining up in Time Square or crowds. Thinking good restaurant/bar that offers a sit down dinner that is open till midnight. Our hotel is near Time Square.

more
    • Chris2015's Profile Photo

Nightlife,

Manhattan Island Nov 24, 2014 at 4:58 AM

Hi everybody, I'm going to New York for first time. Where should I go at night on Saturday or Friday.
      My kind of music is David Guetta, house music, electronic.. I'm wondering what would be a safe place to go but in the budget.

Hugs!

more
    • Which is the best way and cheapest way from BUF Airport to Niagara Falls on Canada Side?

Buffalo Nov 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I have a plan to see Niagara Fall on Falls view and would like to arrange a transportation. I Google and found one taxi company looks very reasonable http://buffalo-airporttaxi.com/ they asked about 65$ and I tried another one and they offered about 75 but my question is, is there any way to get cheaper than that since I am student. tks

more
    • Christmas Day

New York City Nov 25, 2014 at 9:37 AM

We are travelling to NY City on Christmas Day and will arrive early evening - we just need a cafe or deli to get snacks - will anywhere be open

more
    • Transportation from Times Square area to Secaucus NJ

New York City Dec 3, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I am coming to NYC on a bus trip on a Saturday and want to see a show at the Imperial Theatre at 8:00pm. Our bus is leaving NYC to go to the hotel in Secaucus NJ at 9:00 so I would need to get my own transportation from the Theatre to the hotel in Secaucus. I've heard NJ Transit Bus is the best way, but how do I do that and how do I know ahead of time that it's possible? We'd get out of the show around 11pm and Penn Station seems to be where we'd get the bus. I'm not a city girl...help! Thanks!

more
    • travel from jfk

New York City Nov 30, 2014 at 3:19 PM

i am travling to new york in dec 17 what the cheapest mode of transpoort to hotel in brocklyn pls

more
    • Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Museums in NYC

New York City Dec 13, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Is it true that on Tuesdays museums in NYC are free?

more
    • Taxi Fare from Radio City Music Hall to Port Authority Bus Terminal

New York City Dec 10, 2014 at 12:58 PM

What would be the charge for a taxi for two people from Radio City Music Hall to Port Authority Bus Terminal between 11:30 and midnight on a Saturday? I realize it's less than a mile walking, but I have friends looking to experience a taxi ride. Thanks!

more
    • Statue of Liberty

New York City Dec 10, 2014 at 12:44 PM

My daughter and I have seen the Statue of Liberty; my husband has not so we need to do this. What is the best/cheapest way? Should we pay to actually walk at the base of the statue, or just do the free ferry, which I believe I've read is the Staten Island Ferry, and how do you get to these places to get on the boats? (We'll be coming into the city on a charter bus that may drop us in lower Manhattan. If it's not lower, it will be in the Times Square area). Thanks!

more
    • Another city?

New York City 8 hours ago

An embattled city is NOT an appealing destination. Any thoughts on Chicago or Atlanta instead?

more
    • Midtown east hotel

New York City Dec 3, 2014 at 7:19 AM

Any recommendations for a (cheaper) hotel in midtown east area?? I'm not too picky! thank you!

more
    • Least expensive way to get from LGA to Wolcott Hotel on 31st Street in Manhattan

New York City Dec 6, 2014 at 10:50 AM

My daughter and I are going for our 1st ever NYC visit and are on a somewhat limited budget. If you can let us know the cheapest way to get from La Guardia Airport to Wolcott Hotel it would be greatly appreciated. Any other tips about visiting the city to would be great. Thanks in advance!!!

more
    • Safety in the South Bronx

Bronx Dec 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM

My boy friend and I will be staying in the S. Bronx for three nights leading up to New Years. Reading all of the information on here I'm starting to get a little worried. My boy friend is a dark skinned Italian/Puerto Rican and I am a super light skinned blonde that weighs about 105lbs. Anyone have any tips or advice that will keep us from getting into trouble. Are the metros considered safe during the day or should we take taxis everywhere we go? Are there certain streets or areas we should absolutely avoid?
      I'd also love to know if there are certain places that you recommend we see; restaurants, sites etc.
      Thanks

more

HOW MUCH TIME NEEDED AT EACH MUSEUM???????: (AMNH, LINCOLN CENTER, METROPOLITAN)

New York City Dec 1, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Hello everybody!
      Im planning my trip to NY and Im timing my stay at each museum. Im very interested in the three ones that I mention at the title. Im an opera singer, already have tickets for two different operas at the Met. Im also a big lover of animals and science, and art as well. Im planning to take a guided tour at the lincoln center, spending 2-3 hours at the metropolitan museum of arts, and 6 hours at the American Museum of Natural History.
      Consider that I'll stay one night at Washington and I will go to the Smithsonian museums, and Ill be two weeks in LA after that.
      How much time shall I spend at the AMNH and Metropolitan????
      Thanks to all!

more

Travel Manhattan - Washington bus or train?

New York City Nov 24, 2014 at 4:47 AM

Hello everybody. I'll be in New York in December for a week, and I'm spending the night of December 15 in Washington. My question is shall I go by Train or bus? All busses companies says average travel time is 4.5 hs, is this true since it's Christmas eve? On the other hand, taking a train from Amtrak will be worth the money?
      Thanks!

more
    • First time in NYC

New York City Dec 7, 2014 at 7:38 AM

My family of 6 and I are traveling to NYC for the first time between the 13th-17th. Would it make more sense to rent a car or go on the subway? What area would be best (safety & budget) to rent a hotel in? and what are the top five places to absolutely see?(kids range from 10-17)

more
    • FIRST TIME VISITOR- from India

by vasudevarao Online Now Aug 7, 2014 at 11:04 AM

is it worthwhile to visit Niagara US side for 2 days from NYC

7 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 6:45 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Duration of visit

by roamer61 Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Is a weekend enough time to get the most out of the falls and other attractions? Or, does one need more time? This is a prospect for the Fall. I'd go via Amtrak from NYC.

7 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 4:36 AM
    • Cabins Near Niagara Falls

by AlbinoPrincess Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Are there any cabins near the Falls available for rent?

2 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    • Driving from niagara to Boston in December

by Jane-s Online Now May 31, 2014 at 3:33 AM

Hi we are a group of 2 families from Australia wanting to drive from Niagara Falls to boston in December this year. Is this safe to do so on major highway? Thanks in advance

6 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 7:54 AM
    • Driving Winter Time

by SueD65 Online Now May 25, 2014 at 4:19 PM

We are looking at driving from Buffalo to Niagarra Falls in December this year and then want to go over to Chicago which is the best way to drive through USA or canada and is it worth going to Toronto area that time of year or is there better ways of travelling not driving?

2 Answers May 25, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    • mode of transport

by holidayusa Online Now May 15, 2014 at 12:40 PM

what would be the best way to get to the buffalo train station from the fallsview Marriot hotel ontario at 5 30 am to catch 6 30am train

1 Answer May 15, 2014 at 2:03 PM
    • DarrenLimWeiGhee's Profile Photo

Visit Niagara Falls

by DarrenLimWeiGhee Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 8:26 AM

I plan visit Niagara Falls on coming end of Feb 2014, I notice that the weather is below 5 Celsius, so any changes I can see the waterfall?

6 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM
    • Do I need a passport?

by Mlveenstra Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I am a US citizen traveling to Buffalo for 4 days. Do I need a passport to visit the Canadian side of Niagra Falls?

3 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    • New York - Niagra Falls TOUR or SELF PLAN?

by nabze Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 4:19 AM

Hi Guys,

i am traveling to the states in Mid October and wanted to do a 2-day tour to Niagra falls (US & Canada side!)

i am trying to work out what would be the best option available to experience a pleasant trip:

my options are:
      A: Tour operator : $108-$125 (viator or taketours)
      B: Take the plane route and use a hired car over there to get around (this is where i need advice from you guys!)

your views and personal experience much appreciated!

thanks!

10 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    • Can I go to Canadian side of Niagra Falls?

by PamKelley Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM

This Friday, my boyfriend is taking me up to New York for vacation (we live in Texas). He wants to take me to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, but my passport is expired. Can I go?

3 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    • Travel Stops on the way to Niagara Falls

by jmccarrick Online Now Jul 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Hello I will be traveling with one other person from Shelton, CT to Niagara Falls, NY. We are looking for some information for any cool stops along the way and then once we get to the falls. We are on a tight budget so looking mainly to do outdoors activities and looking for camping spots. Any info is appreciated, thank you so much :)

1 Answer Jul 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM
    • Where to sleep

by ReginaAngelucci Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 12:39 PM

We are traveling from Andover, Mass to niagra falls Canadian side. We will be leaving Andover around 5 pm. We will like to drive around4 to 5 hours and stop to sleep somewhere, and next morning arrive at niagra canada side.
      Any advises?

2 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM
    • Niagara Canada visit but no H1 stamping return to USA

by Umabuj Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I came to US on L2 and currently working on H1B. So I do not have stamping on my passport now. If I plan to visit Niagara Falls Canada side, Can I come back to USA with out stamping? and do I need to apply Canada Visa?

1 Answer Jun 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    • Niagara falls

by crownamb_n_free Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 8:05 AM

i will be driving from chicago to see the Niagara falls on the us side. will i need a canadian visa

11 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    • Duffstar6's Profile Photo

Best transport from Hamburg NY to Niagara Falls

by Duffstar6 Online Now Jun 17, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Hi all

Please help I cannot find how to get from Hamburg NY where I am staying to Niagara Falls (Canadian side). I am there for 1 day and need to book my transport in advance. I would like to go for the cheapest possible option but of course I am open to any suggestions as long as it gets me there.

Thank you

Diana

1 Answer Jun 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    • Transport/Customs Advice

by JoanBarnett Online Now May 28, 2013 at 3:21 AM

I will be staying on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls and need to catch a train on Monday 1st June at 12.30pm from the New York station on the American side.What is the best way to get to the station, where do you go through customs, how much time do I need to allow to catch the train? I also need to collect the ticket which has been booked from the ticket office. I will have gone through customs into United States earlier while on an Alaskan cruise from Vancouver. Thanks Joan.

1 Answer May 28, 2013 at 4:40 AM
    • Border

by carol0197 Online Now May 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM

My husband and I live in Texas but taking a different route to visit friends and family in Pennsylvania. We decided to make a one night stop in Niagara Falls and made a hotel reservation on the Canada side. I have been reading "horror stories" of incidents that have happened crossing to/from both sides, and very few good stories on that site. We are law-abiding U.S. citizens and are professionals. The horror stories have me/us second-guessing a trip to Canada to see the falls. Are there more "good" experiences than "horror" experiences out there about crossing the border?

12 Answers May 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    • linkthree's Profile Photo

Road Trip

by linkthree Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I am planning a Road trip driving from Boston through to Niagara. Would this be crazy to try and do this journey in the 1 day when we have a 6 & 15 year old in the car. If crazy can anybody suggest some nice stop overs's for a family.

1 Answer Mar 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    • U.S. or Canada side?

by rcenturion Online Now May 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM

We are travelling in late July from Miami to Buffalo. We are spending the first night in Buffalo then heading to Niagara Falls. I have read that the Canadian side is "nicer" but we are open to staying either on the U.S. side or the Canada side. A relative told me that due to the exchange rate and lower taxes, he recommends the American side.

But, after we spend 2-3 days at Niagara Falls, we wll be heading to Toronto for a couple days so we will be in Canada eventually anyway. I think the tours we will be taking originate on the Canada side, so that is another reason to stay on that side. We are looking for hotels in the100-$150 range.

What does everyone recommend?

9 Answers May 20, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    • Making a plan, driving to Niagara Falls next month.

by yiggy Online Now May 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Hi there,

I have a question about driving to Niagara Falls from NYC (Mahattan).. My boyfriend will get off work at 5pm.. and we plan to drive all the way to Niagara Falls. I have been searching.. if I'm right, it will be around 7-9 hours of driving. Do you think I should not stop anywhere and check-in at Niagara Falls area ..

or

I should stop somewhere, (half trip) and continue driving in the morning to Niagara Falls? and where should we stop and stay over night? I will have mom&dad come with us. we plan to leave NYC Friday after his work done and come back anytime on Sunday.

Please help me plan this.. it will be for our honeymoon. and i want his mom&dad to be happy and not too tired.

Thanks a bunch.

7 Answers May 9, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    • tour in niagara falls

by cheska2276 Online Now May 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM

hi,
      I am a tourist in the US, as one of my list city or state to visit is New York & in New York I would like to see Niagara falls of course for only one day. I have a tourist visa in the US for only one entry can I visit Niagara falls at the side of Canada for one day? with out canadian tourist visa ?or will immigration will let me get inside back to the border of New York after visiting Niagara falls at the side of Canada?

3 Answers May 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM
    • Two days stay in Niagara falls

by catchorico Online Now Apr 17, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Hi,
      we would like ask for any help that you can give because our booking for 2-day tour from new york to niagara falls has been cancelled. And according to the tour service that they dont have sunday trip i.e. 27 May. We checked the bus and train and they are a bit expensive and dont know if its practical to use them. We would like to ask if you have any suggestions. We are planning to go back to new york on the 28 May because we need to fly back to LA on the 29 May.
      Will appreciate any help you can give because we need to complete our booking as soon as possible.
      thanks and regards,
      alex

3 Answers Apr 17, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    • passport?

by catzka29 Online Now Mar 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM

i want to visit niagra falls but all the nice hotels seem to be on the canadian side, do i have to have a passport to stay there? and which attractions are on the US side

6 Answers Mar 22, 2012 at 3:01 AM
    • Canada Tourist Visa Process

by pranavsam Online Now Aug 6, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Hi,

I am presently in US and plan to travel to niagara fall (canada side) on long weekend. I am an Indian citizen. I wanted to know the process to apply for tourist visa for canada. Can I do the process before going there so that I personally dont need to visit the counsulate?
      Please provide some insights on the same.

Regards,
      Pranav

2 Answers Aug 6, 2011 at 9:30 PM
    • Advice on my trip to Niagara Falls

by cityslickerdot Online Now May 18, 2011 at 8:42 AM

I am visiting New York from Los Angeles this Fall and I wanted to visit Niagara Falls. So, my plan now is to fly from Los Angeles to Buffalo, rent a car and spend a night in Niagara Falls on the Canada side. Then, I'll drive to New york and drop the car at one of the car rental locations. I am planning to stay a week in New York. What do you members think about this plan? Any advice?
      I appreciate any comments. Thanks.

20 Answers Feb 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    • What is better 2 or 3 days?

by Vstaryder Online Now Apr 10, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Hello,

My family and I are touring NY State this summer. I can stay at Niagara Falls for either 2 or 3 days before heading to Watkins Glen State Park. Without running like a lunatic, is 2 days adequate to see the main attractions at Niagara? Would staying for 3 days leave me looking for something to do too early in the day? I am planning on staying on the Canadian side and we prefer to travel in the evenings and spend our days at each location.

Thanks for your help!
      Matt

7 Answers Apr 10, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    • cym123456's Profile Photo

Advice needed on Niagara falls trip

by cym123456 Online Now Mar 28, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Hi, I'll be in Buffalo for a couple of days, and I plan to go over to the Canada side of Niagara falls. Can I know whether its better to take the bus / walk or to rent a car?

6 Answers Feb 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM
    • Day trip to Niagara Falls from NYC

by jfos3059 Online Now Nov 16, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Has anybody done one of the day tours from New York to Niagara Falls? There seems to be a few different companies out there advertising, but all seem similar. They are all about 12-14 hour days,but a day trip is the only way we can get out there to have a look. Living in country Australia, this amount of time does not bother us, but not sure whether the cost (around450ea) is actually worth it.
      Thanks

20 Answers Nov 30, 2010 at 4:19 AM
    • HenriettaStackpole's Profile Photo

Last minute wedding: please help with hotel and place to eat.

by HenriettaStackpole Online Now Aug 18, 2010 at 2:49 PM

My brother is planning a last minute wedding, so in a few weeks he will be married at Niagara Falls. I am not familiar with the area, but I understand his ceremony will be on the NY side in or near Prospect Point. We would like a place, hopefully within walking distance for the immediate family to stay. It doesn't need to be fancy but clean and nice. My brother had heard of the Red Coach Inn, which looks good on the website. He also mentioned Quality Hotel & Suites, but some of the reviews mentioned bed bugs--eeeekkk! Any hotels or B & B's you would recommend?

We also would like a place to eat a dinner the night before the wedding and also a spot for lunch. It doesn't need to be super fancy but the dinner should feel special. Any recommendations? Thanks!

8 Answers Aug 21, 2010 at 8:45 AM
    • Train Station to Hotel

by Brandykat Online Now Apr 15, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Traveling by train in June from New York to Niagara Falls station on American side. We're staying at Embassy Suites on Canadian side. Any suggestions on how we get to our hotel? Cab??? How expensive??

1 Answer Apr 15, 2010 at 2:10 PM