Niagara Falls Travel Answers

change location

Traveling on a budget

by like_to_travel Online Now Mar 4, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I am planning on visiting Niagara Falls on the weekend before memorial day this year with my girlfriend for our 2 year anniversary. Right now it looks like we will be staying for the weekend getting there on Friday late morning/early afternoon. We live in Milwaukee WI and the ride is roughly 10 hours plus some time for stopping. We are planning on visiting both the Canadian and the US side. I read that the Canadian side was better, is it even worth visiting the US side? Also are there any must do's when we are there on each side?

Also I was wondering how many days will we need? Should we stay till Monday morning or leave sunday afternoon (keep in mind the 10 hr drive). We just plan on doing the must-do attractions, since we are both in college and on a tight budget. If anyone knows any cheap but clean hotels to stay that would also be very helpful. Nothing to fancy just want to have a clean room.

Thanks for any help,

Matt

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: Traveling on a budget

by Agraichen Online Now Mar 4, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Can't comment on hotels as I've only "commuted" from Toronto when I had to stay over a weekend while on business. BUT, there are some great wineries on the Canada side as well as a wonderful park area with a butterfly "zoo" that is quite picturesque. For photos, I'd want to be there for at least a couple days, if I get back. I'd take a "tour" on the Maid of the Mist for certain.

Cheers

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines