Nha Trang Travel Answers

change location

HELP!!! Just booked flight to Ho Chi Minh and....

by Benny_D Online Now Sep 20, 2007 at 7:38 AM

we're planning on a couple of weeks in Nha Trang but the weather forecast looks very bad: accuweather.com/world-foreca...

Anyone there now? Is it as bad as it looks with rain all day?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • mikeinvietnam's Profile Photo

Re: HELP!!! Just booked flight to Ho Chi Minh and....

by mikeinvietnam Online Now Sep 20, 2007 at 9:28 AM

Forecasters have a tough time with predictions, I don't think any of us can predict it any better. Those are gloomy projections though.

However, you might consider a couple alternatives if stormy weather looks to be true after you arrive in Nha Trang. My first pick would be the mountain resort of Da Lat. Although it might still be raining there as well. At 5,000 feet it's much cooler and at least the humidity is nowhere near as bad as the coastal cities can get. Not much night life but there are great scenic views and day tours. Another choice might be Mui Ne or Vung Tau much further south along the coast. Good beaches and both are active resort towns. Of course, it all depends on what you've booked already and whatever other plans you've made in Nha Trang.

Ho Chi Minh City is no slouch either and very active as well, and you'll find many day tours and the best night life in Vietnam. A couple months ago I took two American pilots around for four days of partying and night life. They had a rare four day layover; it's now their primary pick for future flights. I didn't even know there was this much night life here until I looked for it for these two. We find something new each time they fly in. This city still amazes me.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Nha Trang