Nha Trang Travel Answers

change location

Hon Tam Resort Nha Trang

by minou1 Online Now May 26, 2007 at 7:03 AM

Has anybody been to this resort? How would you rate it? How far is it from Nha Trang? We are 2 adults and 3 children planning for 6 days in Nha trang in July. We looked at Whale Island and it is really expensive for the 5 of us. Would this be a good alternative? Can we easily go to Nha trang for a taste of the town and side trips to the My Son area? Any alternative suggestions would be welcome.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • kennybaker's Profile Photo

Re: Hon Tam Resort Nha Trang

by kennybaker Online Now May 26, 2007 at 7:53 AM

Hon Tam Resort is on a island off of Nha TRang. It is very economical like you said. Mostly local vietnamese that are on vacation will go there. If you are on a low budget...then this could be for you. Whale Island is about 4 hours north east of Nha Trang by the resorts private air conditioned van. It is very quiet and a nice protected shallow beach for safe and good swimming. Very layed back and away from everything! One night is good enough there. If you go bring a good book or fun games because it is just like camping. Nothing fancy and no night life. Restraunt food is excellent! They serve 3 meals a day so you do not want to miss. Hon Tre is much cheaper and has about the same to offer. It is just minutes by boat shuttle from Nha Trang. Go for a day outing there and see if its you. Stay at the Yassaka Hotel where they have a nice pool for the kids and you "across the street from the beach" Take a superior room and explore from there. If money is not much problem...then you should be looking at the Vin Pearl Resort off of Nha Trang. Garden rooms are about105USD/night if booked through a local vietnamese travel compnay. That would be the best vacation place ever for you guys. Especially since you have the kids with you!There is also the water park in Nha Trang. The kids and you can play in the water there! You can eat or dine at the Lousiana Club and use there swimming pool. Very Nice! E-Mail me and I will give you the travel company we use. kennbaker@msn.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Nha Trang