Newquay

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• how to get around on public transport

by bev1123 Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

where are the best place's to see and how to get around on public transport thank you

3 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    • looking to relocate

by dnye79 Online Now Dec 2, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Hello all
      I have just accepted a job offer in Bodmin and due to the nature of the work do not want to live there. We have looked at many places throughout Cornwall and have agreed on Newquay. Problem is we do not know the area in depth, is there areas we should avoid buying a house? I don't want to come across as snooty but want to avoid the council housing estates and bring up the kids in a nice area.

6 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    • LouiseTopp's Profile Photo

Walking the coastal path from Newquay to Watergate Bay.

by LouiseTopp Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Can anyone tell me if they have done this and is there anything I should be careful of? Also can this be done wearing sandal's or should I wear shoes? Many thanks.

3 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    • Butters11's Profile Photo

Accomodation in Newquay

by Butters11 Online Now Feb 16, 2011 at 2:37 AM

Hi

Looking for self catering accomodation in Newquay / Cornwall area. 5 / 6 adults for 4 nights. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks
      Butters

5 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Harrington guest house + anyone recommend it please?

by LouiseTopp Online Now Jan 11, 2010 at 7:19 AM

On the last two weeks of June myself and my parents will be staying at the Harrington guest house in Newquay. I would like to hear from anyone else who has stayed there and what it is like? My parents are senior citizens and I read that anyone can run a six bedroomed guesthouse, and not be registered with the council or have any fire safety certificate which is a bit worrying.

Please put my mind at rest before i send off the deposite? Many thanks.

9 Answers Jul 10, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    • karen_mo's Profile Photo

Halloween in Newquay

by karen_mo Online Now Aug 26, 2008 at 5:45 AM

Hi there,

We always loved going to Newquay for New Year, been going for the last 10 years, but starting to feel it's changing (or we're just getting older perhaps!) and the original pub crawl/families out in fancy dress culture has gone a little more clubby. We were wondering if anyone has experience of Halloween and whether the town comes out in force like it does at New Year. Can you do a pub crawl without tickets? Is it a worth a little weekend visit? Would love your views!

Thanks, Karen

1 Answer Oct 28, 2008 at 2:11 PM
    • Free Camping

by chatterann Online Now Jul 4, 2008 at 10:35 PM

As we're on a tight budget can anyone suggest places we may be able to free camp - we will have a small van (not caravan)

3 Answers Aug 10, 2008 at 12:25 AM
    • Are small BBQs alowed......

by essexyido Online Now Apr 21, 2008 at 10:00 AM

.........on the beaches of newquay, am visiting soon with my girlfriend and was planning to have one on the beach but wasn't sure if it was alowed.

mb

1 Answer May 14, 2008 at 12:42 AM
    • medstfc's Profile Photo

New pubs/bars/clubs?

by medstfc Online Now Jan 6, 2008 at 1:16 AM

Have any more new pubs etc opened lately? Last time I was there Corkers Quayside and Corkers Uptown hadn't been open long

1 Answer Aug 9, 2008 at 5:03 PM
    • DUNK67's Profile Photo

Family Entertainment Bars

by DUNK67 Online Now Jul 31, 2007 at 9:40 AM

Can anyone tell me if there are any family entertainment type of bar in Newquay?
      We will be taking our 2 year old and are looking for somewhere to take her in the evening so that we can have a drink and get a bit of entertainment.
      Thanks.

• Summer Jobs

by blonde_girl774 Online Now Apr 20, 2006 at 3:55 AM

Hi, myself and my friend are both 21 and looking for a summer job in Newquay - ideally restaurant, bar or hotel work. Any info would be great, thank you!

4 Answers Dec 27, 2006 at 7:54 AM

Newquay or penznce, any advice please for 1st time visitor

by LouiseTopp Online Now Jan 7, 2006 at 11:49 AM

Hi I would like to visit Cornwall at the end of August, but I'm not sure whether to visit Newquay or Penzance, can anyone give me any advice please? I would like a place where the retail is good,and the beaches but also the scenery.

Can someone also recommend a hostel place which is good. We are two girls and this would be our first visit. Many thanks.

1 Answer Jan 8, 2006 at 4:45 AM
    • ben_england's Profile Photo

cottages or accommodation in newquay?

by ben_england Online Now Mar 12, 2003 at 3:48 AM

Hi guys- Has anybody got any suggestions for a group of (fairly poor) young people staying a weekend in Newquay? A cottage or nice hostel would be nice as the only other option we've had suggested is Sunnyside caravan park, which sounds like it's a fair way out of town. Near fistral would be absolutely ideal! Cheers in advance, Ben

3 Answers Apr 4, 2004 at 2:33 PM