change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• llauraa's Profile Photo

Things to do around Newport Beach

by llauraa Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM

A g/friend and I are considering a renting a beach house around Newport Beach for a week and a bit. I have visited before and always wanted to go back and stay longer. I loved both Newport and Balboa Island /peninsula - however as we were only there for a day back in 2010 - Im not sure which area would have the most 'going on' in regards to nightlife?
      Interested in:
      -casual cafes and restaurants
      -live music venues
      - nice cocktail lounges OR pubs/taverns to relax & meet locals in
      - any other suggestions would be appreciated - any food experiences we 'must try' ?
      - are thereany wine-tasting options nearby? how far out would need to travel to throw that in
      -Transit services - best way to get back up the highway to LA/malibu without having to hire a car - if possible

ps what are peoples views on Huntington Beach - does that area have nice potential as a vacation spot? Seems to be a bit more residential ? but I am only going by maps and real estate guides etc
      Thanks all

4 Answers Apr 2, 2013 at 3:38 AM
    • Dinner?

by stewartfan Online Now Oct 17, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Hello, a friend and I are travelling down to the Huntington Beach area and are planning on visiting CSU Fullerton. We'll be eating lunch on the way, but we want to find somewhere unique for dinner. Nothing too expensive, nor fancy, nor time consuming. We just want to go somewhere that has great food, with atmosphere being a plus! Preferably a place that's not a huge chain. This should be somewhere in the vicinity of Fullerton/Costa Mesa, but if it's worth it, we're willing to go out of our way.
      Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Oct 18, 2011 at 11:06 PM
    • Something to do after Dinner on Sept. 10th

by thollingsworth Online Now Sep 5, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Sept. 10th is my boyfriend's birthday and a group on us (8-10 people) are having dinner at Roy's Hawaiian Cuisine. Do you have any suggestions on fun things to do after dinner? Dinner is at 7:30. We don't want to travel too far from the restaurant. Thank you.

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Nice Dinner without a 4-$$$$ Price

by rmdw Online Now Mar 4, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Can someone recommend, from personal experience, a restaurant in Newport Beach where one can get a really nice dinner (good food & ambiance) for less than a fortune?

Preferred cuisines would be: Mexican or Westcoast

Robert

5 Answers Mar 5, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    • What To Do?

by nino224 Online Now Apr 6, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Hi all,

I'm going to be in Newport Beach from the 16th to the 20th of April with my wife and three year old. I was hoping somebody who knows the area could suggest ways to keep a 3 y.o. entertained as well as some other must-do's and restaurants? What's the weather like this time of year?

Thanks.

16 Answers Jan 23, 2011 at 12:52 PM
    • londonlover's Profile Photo

Balboa Boat Parade parking question

by londonlover Online Now Nov 2, 2008 at 7:53 PM

I'm hoping to attend the 2008 Balboa Christmas Boat Parade, but I've heard that parking on the island is impossible during that time because of the crowds. Does anyone know whether it would be feasible to park in the ferry parking lot in Newport Beach, or is that likely to be full as well? (I would be planning to cross over to the island around 4 PM for the 6:30 parade start time.) Thanks!

5 Answers Nov 19, 2008 at 8:59 PM
    • koflynn's Profile Photo

Where to go?

by koflynn Online Now Jan 6, 2007 at 11:39 AM

Im moving to OC next summer with a few friends. were all about 20 and are wondering where would be the best place to go. first and fore most we want fun but we'l need to find part time or full time jobs and of course an apartment or house. theres 5 of us going so far and some of which are girls who want the safest place possible. anywhere between long beach and laguna beach would be great.
      anything helpful is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
      kev

2 Answers Jan 6, 2007 at 7:28 PM
    • leya's Profile Photo

Best Newport beach or Huntington Beach hotel

by leya Online Now Feb 18, 2006 at 1:26 PM

We're a group of moms and family looking for a few days close to the beach, shops and restaurants. Looking to spend about100 a night (plus or minus 50$). Preferably with a pool for the little ones.

Any suggestions from the locals?

Thanks,
      Leya

1 Answer May 25, 2006 at 9:20 PM
    • papina's Profile Photo

moving to orange county with my family

by papina Online Now May 18, 2005 at 6:01 AM

HI, me, my housband and my 18 months son are moving to orange county for one year. Where would you recomend me to live. We are looking for an apartment with pool and near a playground. We saw in the internet the ones of Irvine company. What do you think about them?
      I will apreciate any advice in other topics about Newport beach and orange county
      thank you

4 Answers Jun 20, 2006 at 3:48 PM
    • adamtheenglishman's Profile Photo

Spending In Newport

by adamtheenglishman Online Now Mar 28, 2005 at 2:09 PM

Hi, im coming over from England next year and im staying in Newport Beach for around 3 months. i have guestimated that i will spend around2300 per month (based on cheap food, rented room in house and a few nights out) do you think this is realistic or am i way off?
      Thanks
      Adam

4 Answers Jun 20, 2006 at 3:30 PM
    • dennyandconnie's Profile Photo

Nearby deserts and mountains?

by dennyandconnie Online Now Jan 17, 2005 at 1:17 PM

we are spending about a week in the newport area, jan20-28, and would like to go to a desert/mountain area. suggestions?

1 Answer Jan 17, 2005 at 6:39 PM
    • moving to newport

by mandy8dj2 Online Now Mar 30, 2004 at 4:57 PM

I'm movingto newport beach, i'm 23 and going to be living with 2 friends- where should we look to live - the peninsula? corona del mar??

3 Answers Jun 20, 2006 at 3:34 PM