Newport Beach Travel Answers

change location
londonlover's Profile Photo

Balboa Boat Parade parking question

by londonlover Online Now Nov 2, 2008 at 7:53 PM

I'm hoping to attend the 2008 Balboa Christmas Boat Parade, but I've heard that parking on the island is impossible during that time because of the crowds. Does anyone know whether it would be feasible to park in the ferry parking lot in Newport Beach, or is that likely to be full as well? (I would be planning to cross over to the island around 4 PM for the 6:30 parade start time.) Thanks!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • GoSC's Profile Photo

Re: Balboa Boat Parade parking question

by GoSC Online Now Nov 6, 2008 at 12:09 AM

Parking may be tough on the Peninsula as well (the part of Newport Beach that the Balboa Island ferry goes to and from).

If you are there at 4PM, that should be early enough. If all else fails, park in/around Fashion Island (the mall), and follow Jamboree Rd. to the island.

Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • londonlover's Profile Photo

by londonlover Online Now Nov 7, 2008 at 5:55 PM

I hadn't thought of parking at Fashion Island--good idea. Thanks for the advice. I'd also be happy getting there early and just strolling and having dinner before everyone else gets on the island looking for parking spaces.

Grazie!

• kzapanta's Profile Photo

by kzapanta Online Now Nov 17, 2008 at 1:13 PM

at 4pm, still try driving into the island and keep a lookout for a spot. If not, go to one of the many residential streets near the island instead of automatically going up to Fashion Island and walking back down to the water. If your already planning to eat and know the place to eat, some larger restaurants will have designated parking without time limits.

• londonlover's Profile Photo

by londonlover Online Now Nov 19, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Thanks, Ken, good info!

• kzapanta's Profile Photo

by kzapanta Online Now Nov 19, 2008 at 8:59 PM

good luck and have fun. I'm sure you'll be wondering why the locals have jackets to such 'spring weather' as your from Chicago. LOL.

Its quite a fun show if your at a balcony, or restaurant patio (hint hint) with some people with at least a few bottles of wine. Oh and there are these floating things with lights inching past you too.

Post a meet at the VT meet if you want to get together with some local Vters.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines