Newport Beach Travel Answers

change location
papina's Profile Photo

moving to orange county with my family

by papina Online Now May 18, 2005 at 6:01 AM

HI, me, my housband and my 18 months son are moving to orange county for one year. Where would you recomend me to live. We are looking for an apartment with pool and near a playground. We saw in the internet the ones of Irvine company. What do you think about them?
I will apreciate any advice in other topics about Newport beach and orange county
thank you

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Hopkid's Profile Photo

RE: moving to orange county with my family

by Hopkid Online Now May 18, 2005 at 6:07 AM

Irvine is a great place to live especially with a family. It is one of the first planned communities in the U.S. and has many parks/playground areas. I used to own a home there before moving to Virginia so I can't actually comment on the apartments. I would say that it is one of the better places to live in Orange County.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jab4travel's Profile Photo

by jab4travel Online Now May 18, 2005 at 6:39 AM

Dear Vero,

Your choice to locate in Irvine brings you to one of the safest cities in the U.S.A. There are several Apartment Complexes in Irvine and yes the Irvine Company controls/ownes most of them. For a 2 bedroom expect to pay around1400/$1600.00/month plus utilities, ie; gas, water, electric, & phone. Rents are very high thru out So. Calif. If you can afford more, Newport Beach is only 10 minutes drive from Irvine, but not many apartment complexes, just single family homes. Very upscale city.

There are many cities in Orange County and not knowing your lifestyle/place of work (if you will be working here)/financial status/needing a furnished apartment, can be very hard on ones nerves trying to decide where to locate.

If you wish to send me an e-mail with further info about your needs, what you expect to pay per month, mailing address, I will mail you some books with info about apartment rentals. Send to tlf514@cs.com. Joe

• RE: moving to orange county with my family

by RovingWyvern Online Now May 18, 2005 at 11:01 PM

• dznguy's Profile Photo

by dznguy Online Now Jun 20, 2006 at 3:48 PM

Basically any apartment complex that's run by the Irvine Co. would probably be a good place to live in. Irvine is one of the safest communities, and it's not too far from a lot of the OC destinations. It's very family-oriented. If you haven't seen this link yet, try this.

http://www.rental-living.com/

Let me know how your moving plans are coming along and I'll try to see how I can help you guys out.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines