Newport

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• flukes bar wine and kitchen

by bonnienjimgerbywk Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Hello newport experts. Has any one gone to flukes? It got great reviews on another traver site, but not on this one. I was interested in trying the place. Thanks for feedback.

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 4:40 AM
    • newport wine and food festival

by bonnienjimgerbywk Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I am visiting newport area in september and am wondering if the food and wine festival is worth seeking out. Can anyone who has gone to it give me some reviews please.

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • MatthewZ's Profile Photo

Does the Trolley take me from Gateway to Lower Thames St on a scheduled basis?

by MatthewZ Online Now Jan 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I will be working weekends on lower Thames St...If i take Bus 60 to Gateway Center and arrive around 6pm will a trolley take me doodr to door before 730pm?

On Monday mornings how early does that trolley pass by 500-600 Thames St to take me back to Gateway Center?

• thejumpingcorw's Profile Photo

Folk Festival July

by thejumpingcorw Online Now Apr 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Hello. I'm looking at going to to the folk festival in July and I'm looking for a cheap place to stay. The hostel is still expensive for a dorm bed at109 - pretty steep for a hostel but I guess it is the weekend festival so they can charge whatever they want.

Looking into flying into Providence. Can I get a shuttle/bus from there to Newport from the airport?

Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 4, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    • Trolley Pass - week long?

by sexxylypps Online Now Nov 2, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Hello - I will be in Newport for 9 days. Is a week-long trolley pass available to purchase?

Also, I would like to know how late the trolley runs in Newport.
      I am planning to see the Nutcracker at Rosecliff Mansion at 4 pm on a Friday.
      It is a 2 hour performance. I would like to take it back and forth from the Visitors Center.
      Is this possible?

Thank you!

2 Answers Nov 4, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    • tathraman's Profile Photo

LONG WHARF

by tathraman Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Could someone please advise me if this is where cruise ships land their passengers?
      Thanks in advance
      David

• beebee9's Profile Photo

Beaches in Newport

by beebee9 Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Can you recomend good beaches in Newport RI - tanning and swimming?

1 Answer Jul 17, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    • Cruise Ship Port

by bjmilligan Online Now Aug 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM

How far is it from the port (Princess Cruise Ship) to where you can get the trolley?

• davhu1's Profile Photo

Seafood market for lobster

by davhu1 Online Now Mar 31, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Can anyone recommend a good seafood place to purchase live lobster?

1 Answer Mar 31, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    • anchorages/moorings in april

by grevay Online Now Apr 27, 2008 at 9:14 AM

My husband and I are taking delivery of our sailboat this week. We'd like to know if there are recommended places to sail to on day trips around the newport area, as well as anchorages/place to moor our 43 foot sailboat.

1 Answer May 6, 2008 at 4:09 AM
    • iam1wthee's Profile Photo

driving from nyc to newport

by iam1wthee Online Now Apr 1, 2008 at 1:54 AM

Thinking about driving from nyc to newport rhode island. Mapquest said it takes 3 hours but the time estimate it gives is always a few hours off. Has anyone ever driven from these two places? How long did it really take? What route did you take? Did you take I95 straight up or do you know a shortcut?

5 Answers May 6, 2008 at 4:15 AM
    • MartyAP's Profile Photo

Jamestown stay?????Please help!

by MartyAP Online Now Sep 22, 2007 at 5:43 AM

I was able to get a last minute trade into the Jamestown Overlook
      for October 6-13. I know I have to cross the bridge to get into Newport. I believe it is Oktoberfest in Newport that week.

1. How hard will it be to park in Newport day/evening?
      Are there discounted rates available at the Visitor's Bureau
      2. Is there an easier way to get from Jamestown to Newport?
      3. Is there anything of interest in Jamestown...shopping, restaurants?
      4. Can I buy tokens for the bridge?

We have stayed in Newport.....no timeshares available until December....the Overlook just popped up and I grabbed it.

Thanks,
      Karen

• what is the name and address of the church jack and jackie were married

by jrpr73 Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 4:16 PM

what is the name and address of the church jack and jackie were married

1 Answer Aug 23, 2007 at 4:23 PM
    • One Day in Newport

by dmarsh2 Online Now Jul 27, 2007 at 3:17 PM

Hi--we are going to visit Newport for one day next week and I have a couple of questions. Where do you recommend parking for the Cliff Walk? Are there places to picnic along the walk or is that discouraged? Are there any nearby sandwich places to get food for lunch along the walk? Can you recommend a good, moderately priced waterfront restaurant for dinner (we have 2 adults and 2 teens). Many thanks!!

1 Answer Aug 5, 2007 at 4:25 PM
    • Newport for Thanksgiving -- suggestions please

by sharbev Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 9:22 PM

Hi...my family is thinking about spending Thanksgiving in Newport. We've never been and always enjoy checking out places "out of season". My husband and I are mid-late 30's and our 2 boys are 1 and 3. We'd also like to bring our small dog. We need suggestions for all the details.

We plan to arrive Wed and leave Sat.

Lodging: So far, considering Hotel Viking and Hyatt Regency. Are these good/wise choices? Differences between them? Others I should consider?
      Dining: Main concern is Thanksgiving. We'd like something traditional, fun, etc. Should we travel out of Newport or is there someplace good in town? Other fun kid-friendly options for the rest of the trip?

Activity: We'd like a hotel with an indoor pool. I understand the outdoor Ice Skating Rink opens that weekend. Would be nice to see the Mansions or maybe just Astors Beechwood. Carriage rides available? Also would consider visiting a tree farm...I know some in New England will ship, but that may be more in VT, NH, etc. Suggestions for things to do with the kids?

Babysitting: Any hotels/services that provide good child care for an evening out?

Okay, please feel free to add anything you feel would be helpful. Forgive my naivete, as I mentioned, we've not been before.

Also, we are considering (to avoid holiday traffic a bit) breaking the trip up and staying in the Darien/Bridgeport/Stamford area on Tues night before arrival and Saturday night on the way home. Any recommendations for affordable hotels?
      Thanks,
      Shari

• roamer61's Profile Photo

A room thats not a fortune

by roamer61 Online Now Jul 6, 2006 at 1:19 PM

Is it not possible to get a room thats under150? I would go in September after Labor Day.

5 Answers Jul 26, 2006 at 5:04 AM
    • chodearm's Profile Photo

Place to lay my head

by chodearm Online Now Aug 26, 2004 at 8:26 AM

Does anyone know a place I can set up a tent maybe on a beach or in the woods somewhere? In and around Newport would be best.

• $75-100 in Newport, RI

by palioklima Online Now Jun 14, 2004 at 9:07 PM

Does anyone know of a nice B&B, Inn or Hotel in Newport, Rhode Island for75-100 per night for the weekend on June 18-20?

1 Answer Apr 18, 2005 at 12:25 PM