Newport Travel Answers

change location

HELP TRAVEL FROM NEWPORT TO DOVER ON 8TH AUGUST

by wenstef Online Now Aug 6, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Can anyone offer any help or advice, my son his wife and 3 children are booked to go to france this friday 8th august for their first holiday in 9 years. the couple they booked with and who was the driver has let them down today. neither my son or his wife drive. they just want to get on their ship at 1 pm on friday.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • dave.richards's Profile Photo

Re: HELP TRAVEL FROM NEWPORT TO DOVER ON 8TH AUGUST

by dave.richards Online Now Aug 6, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Not that I can help but, which Newport are they leaving from? There are several with that name in the UK.
    I hope they get there on time. Last resort - have you looked at National Express coaches or by train?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dave.richards's Profile Photo

by dave.richards Online Now Aug 6, 2008 at 12:19 PM

I followed the Newport link. Newport, Gwent in South Wales.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Aug 6, 2008 at 12:21 PM

They can get the train. It won't be cheap, there will be changes, but it will be better than missing their ship.

www.nationalrail.co.uk will give train times and fares.

They could get the 06:08 (arrives 10.40) or the 06:34 (11.15) or the 07:09 (11.31). I wouldn't leave it any later, to allow for potential delays and getting from the railway station to the port (bus or taxi).

They have still got time to get cheaper advance fares (if available) from Newport railway station (till 6pm tomorrow night).

There are coaches, but they won't arrive in time.

Alternatively, hiring a car might be cheaper than paying for the train fares: is there anyone (you?) who could hire one and drive them down, then return the car to Newport?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines