Newcastle upon Tyne

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Packing for Northumberland in May

by nannatravelling Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Hi, I'm visiting Northumberland in May and would like some advice on what to pack. will be visiting the Farne Islands and doing some bird and wildlife watching as well as walks on the coast. Thanks

12 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • ATLC's Profile Photo

Your favourite museum and place to have a (pub) lunch?

by ATLC Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Hello! I am in the Toon for a few hours next week and wondered if any of you can point me to a favourite museum and some good Newcastle grub. What's the speciality?

13 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 6:50 PM
    • MatsF3's Profile Photo

Please read.

by MatsF3 Online Now Jan 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Please all of you Newcastle members. We really need your help!!!

• over 30's on a thursday

by daz_ford Online Now Nov 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM

whats the best bar/club for the over 30's in Newcastle on a Thursday

3 Answers Nov 10, 2013 at 3:30 AM
    • Hello moving to newcastle (:

by lenasof Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I am thinking in moving to Newcastle in June and I would like to know if is a safe city and if is hard to make friends. I would be working and studying .
      Thank you for your answers .

4 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    • My novice and I are looking for area to live

by dmonera Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Hello! My novice and I are thinking in move to UK, especifically to Newcastle. We are spanish and we are going to look for a job and a new life. We are looking to share room but we don´t know what could be the best areas to look, because we need this are will be cheap more or less (of course we don´t want to live with yonkis, etc), and it should be near (20 minute walking more or less) to some commercial area because we need to find job and it could be easy in thins kind of area. Someone can help us??? Thank you very much!!!

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    • Italian Restaurant

by karenmac Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I am looking for an Italian restaurant near Newcastle University

1 Answer Sep 4, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    • URGENT!

by doganswersnow Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Hi I am moving to Newcastle upon Tyne and NEED to find a place where I can live with my dog. She's a 40 pound border collie, very well behaved. Any ideas would be SO WONDERFUL! Thanks!

4 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    • old photos jones fried fish shop

by Clemwelsh Online Now Jul 12, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Heritage magazine which has photos of Jones fried fish shop 1835 - 1934

6 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 4:25 AM
    • Anyone want to explore Newcastle this weekend 5th - 7th july.

by jazzalova Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 5:34 AM

I'm visiting and looking for people to explore newcastle the following weekend. perhaps get in touch on email - jazzalova@hotmail.com
      cheers
      sara

1 Answer Jul 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM
    • Study abroad

by rosdizam Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Hello guys...
      I'm from Malaysia and will do my PHD at Newcastle on April 2014. My problem is that besides paying the tuition fee my scholar will only provide me GBP 800 per month as my monthly allowance. I am married and have 2 sons ( 4 & 2). Is that possible to bring along my family? With only GBP 800, can we live there? Help please...
      Thank you....

10 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    • Fun place to stay for young female backpacker?

by ajcri Online Now May 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Hi I'm 22 and from Australia. I am looking for a really fun hostel to stay where heaps of backpackers go. Preferably near clubs and the city centre? Thanks guys!!!

4 Answers May 27, 2013 at 4:43 AM
    • hmb10's Profile Photo

SIGHTSEEING OPTIONS 1.5DAYS JULY

by hmb10 Online Now May 21, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Hi ! We are two active 60 yo..we will be walking Hadrians Wall Path, after spending time in Newcastle,before catching public transport to our start in Whitley Bay. May we have some suggestions for Must See,visit ,explore places...reachable by public transport? Also,is it better to catch train to Whitley Bay, or is the bus service better?We will be staying in the Jesmond park area. Thanks for all suggestions

5 Answers May 22, 2013 at 4:15 AM
    • tourism_student92's Profile Photo

Are you a literary tourist?

by tourism_student92 Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Has anybody ever traveled to the North East of England for a literary tour? Or read any Catherine Cookson novels and traveled to or wanted to travel to some of the places set in her work or related to her as an author?

17 Answers Apr 21, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    • hmb10's Profile Photo

newcastle airport to adelphi bed&breakfast jesmond

by hmb10 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Hi! Would appreciate public transport options to reach The Adephi B&B in Jesmond...or nearest train,bus stop. we will be arriving into Newcastle airport 8.30 am. Would also appreciate an aproximation of time for the trip. Thanks for your advice

3 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 6:05 AM
    • Celebrating ,my birthday with the Ladies

by CherryKai Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Hey Fellow Tourists!
      I've just moved to the UK (midlands) from Canada, and am looking for a great night out with the ladies. Have heard that New Castle is the place to go. (ages 24-28)
      We are planning on spending a weekend in April in New Castle and were hoping for some recommendations of the best pubs, bars and clubs to head to.
      Friday night not too heavy and Saturday night planning a full day of partying, and would love some advice.

5 Answers Mar 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    • Newcastle fan

by Franncis Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Anyone keen in joining me to go to Newcastle from London, and watch the match on 13 Apr?

5 Answers Mar 9, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    • Where to stay?

by lmarinel Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 12:11 PM

What is the best area to stay in? We are arriving by train and it would be great to know the best area to stay within walking distance to some great sites. Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    • Where to go in newcastle

by Smoggy74 Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Hi we recently moved back to the north east and I'm looking for places to take the wife in Newcastle I'm 38 and she's 37 she's into clubbing and I've never been before please can anyone give me some suggestion ?

1 Answer Feb 9, 2013 at 3:43 AM
    • SpyrosZ's Profile Photo

Most central part of Newcastle

by SpyrosZ Online Now Oct 6, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Hey guys i was wondering what is the most central part of Newcastle (with the most pubs,live music clubs etc) and how much the rent goes for there? On a side note, is it a nice place to live for a couple of years as a University student?

7 Answers Oct 17, 2012 at 4:15 AM
    • newcastle in the summer

by landcruiser123 Online Now Jul 18, 2012 at 2:54 AM

hi, we are thinking about going to newcastle this august.
      do you guys think this is a good idea or is everybody off town because of the summer break and its gonna be boring?

12 Answers Jul 22, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    • Moving to Newcastle for school/work

by jen_m78 Online Now Jun 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Hello!

My fiancee and I will be moving to Newcastle Upon Tyne in August. We currently live in the San Jose area of California (silicon valley.) I'm moving to attend Newcastle Uni and he will be joining me and transfering his job. We have never been to the UK before and have so many questions! Here is what we really need to know:

1) City Centre or Quayside? Which is better for the under 25 crowd? Pros? Cons? Pricing isn't a huge factor since we are coming from such an expensive city in Ca.

2) Mobile phones: we have tmobile currently and are considering going with Tmobile UK upon arrival. Good idea?

3) Dog: we are bringing our 4yr old dog with us. Is Newcastle (generally) a pet friendly city?

4) Rental (or letting) policies: what is generally required to let a flat or home in England? We will have a deposit prepared but are there specific documents required?

5) Culture: I am a biracial young woman (Italian/Black American.) Are there many types of people in Newcastle or will we be looked down upon?) We come from such a diverse city, I want to know what to expect!

6) Banks: Which bank(s) are best for temporary accounts? We will be in Newcastle for 1-1.5yrs

7) weather: we know it's cold and rainy usually....right?! Does it ever get hot or snow?

8) Driving: I am terrified of driving on the opposite side of the street! Will I need a new/different drivers license to drive in the UK? Or since I have a valid Ca license, will that work?

Anything else that you would like to share would be so helpful to us! We appreciate your help! Looking forward to our journey!

13 Answers May 22, 2013 at 4:16 PM
    • Karting or activities to do

by MHA13574 Online Now Jan 26, 2012 at 5:29 AM

Hi, I am currently arranging a stag weekend & have chosen to come to Newcastle. I am aware of the excellent bars & clubs but have no idea what to do during the day...

Can you recommend Karting or quadbiking or anything similiar???? (names of companies please)

Thanks

• US Family Moving from Surrey County to Newcastle upon Tyne

by leebear Online Now Feb 4, 2011 at 9:24 AM

My husband is considering a job in the Newcastle area. We have a 5 year old and need to know good areas to begin our housing search (we will be renting at first) and which schools to look into. Also, is there an US expat group that I can contact there? There is a Women's American group in Surrey, I didn't know if a resource like this meets in Newcastle. Very excited about the possible move. We have heard amazing things about the area.

Thanks for the tips!

38 Answers Aug 24, 2011 at 12:42 PM
    • Hotels to avoid

by gwyneddman Online Now Jan 6, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I am considering staying in Newcastle later this year. Are there any hotels in the city centre of Newcastle which should be avoided because they are so bad. I have come across a hotel called Whites which has generally received dreadful reviews. Are there any other really bad hotels around the centre of Newcastle.

7 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 11:07 PM
    • Accommodation

by celtic10 Online Now Oct 24, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Hi Heading to Newcastle upon Tyne early November for a few days, can anyone recommend cheap and clean accommodation, doesn't need to be fancy just a bed as hope to get out and about to see thing, and any ideas on what to make sure to see.
      Cheers

3 Answers Oct 25, 2010 at 1:23 AM
    • Newcastle Restaurants, Clubs and Pub Recommendations

by dkinny14 Online Now Oct 7, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Hello. I will be visiting Newcastle this November (20-23), and I am looking for recommendations as to good restaurants, pubs and clubs. I have yet to book a hotel, but am looking at the Hilton, Marriott Gosforth Park and the Copthorne. I want to stay somewhere that is accessible to nightlife, but still nice. I have read about Jesmond as being a nice area with ample nighlife, is this true? If so would it be better to stay in that area? Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
      Debbie in NYC

2 Answers Oct 8, 2010 at 12:49 AM
    • Cost of living & Hostel question...

by yommi Online Now Sep 25, 2010 at 4:31 AM

Hey,

We're two aussies moving to Newcastle in March 2011 on a working holiday visa.

Wondering if anyone who is from that general area or has done a simliar trip can offer some advice/opinons on how much a couple would on average spend (per month) on groceries, eating out, going out, transport, small trips over weekends etc....

I have come up with 1800GBP for the both of us, yet I have no idea if this is "just" enough, not enough... etc etc (1800GBP being after rent)

When we first arrive we're looking at staying at the Albatross hostel until we can find some share accommodation.

Can anyone offer any opinions on the Albatross or recommend any other hostels?

Any help would be great appreciated....

Thanks

7 Answers Oct 1, 2010 at 11:51 PM
    • junierae's Profile Photo

Moving to Newcaste from US

by junierae Online Now Sep 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM

My husband has been offered a job in Newcastle and we are pretty sure he is going to take it and we will move there by the end of this year. I have never been (visiting next month-Oct) and of course I have a ton of questions. Mainly, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or guidance on schools for my children. I have a 9yr. old in 4th grade and a 13yr. old in 8th grade. I'm wondering what are the best state schools in and around Newcastle. My husband's contract is for 2yrs.-do we put them in British schools? I have heard of others putting there kids in "American" schools-Not sure what to do or what is best.

Thanks so much!

11 Answers Sep 19, 2010 at 11:02 PM
    • Moving to Newcastle Upon Tyne

by Nannou79 Online Now Aug 18, 2010 at 4:30 AM

Hi !
      I am a middle eastern muslim female doctor, I will be moving to Newcstle Upon Tyne late October or early November to work in the RVI.
      Will I be facing any trouble being "visibly different", I have been brought up in a Catholic Sisters' school, travelled to the US and visited London, and I have never faced any troubles with racism for being veiled or coloured. Will I have any problems living in Newcastle, and where is the best place to have a flat that is close to the hospital and in a welcoming safe neighbourhood ?
      Thanks in advance

12 Answers Aug 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM