Newcastle upon Tyne Travel Answers

change location

Neil Talbot 3D map of Tyne on Quayside wall

by PaulRTempest Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 5:46 AM

Can anyone point me to a website or book that will name the buildings etc on this map
Ta.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Neil Talbot 3D map of Tyne on Quayside wall

by Mariajoy Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 6:37 AM

If your search proves fruitless, I suppose you could try asking the sculptor directly. There is a contact page on his website:

http://www.neiltalbot.com/

Just an idea. Good luck :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • honeymooner82's Profile Photo

Re: Neil Talbot 3D map of Tyne on Quayside wall

by honeymooner82 Online Now Feb 24, 2008 at 7:14 AM

Hi, when you say "3D map" are you meaning the engraving/sculpture shown on this website :- newcastle.gov.uk/core.nsf/a/.... I found this after a quick search and am guessing thats what you want to find out about. Anyway, i can't tell you exactly what building it is on but...

The area of the quayside which has been developed is not huge. On a nice day you can stroll along the length of it in about 1 hour. From the city centre ask anyone how to get to the quayside and they'll point you in the right direction. Then head towards the sea and you'll pass lots of newer buildings including the law courts, restaurants, hotels and offices. Modern art is dotted along the way and this is probably where the sculpture is.
    Sorry for two things:- first if your a local boy looking for specific info then i've been no help, second if you do walk along the area i've said and don't see it then sorry.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines