Newcastle upon Tyne Travel Answers

change location

Where to stay?

by lmarinel Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 12:11 PM

What is the best area to stay in? We are arriving by train and it would be great to know the best area to stay within walking distance to some great sites. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Sevsa's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay?

by Sevsa Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM

My wife and I stayed at Sleeperz Hotel in Newcastle and had a good experience there. It was a 5 minute walk from the train station. The rooms are small but they are very clean and modern. The breakfast buffet was also very good. We were able to walk to everywhere in the central area and when we went to Wallsend we easily returned to the subway stop at the train station to catch the train.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Where to stay?

by lmarinel Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Thanks Erik! I was just looking at that hotel when you answered me back :) Still trying to figure out how to use this!

Be the first to rate this answer!

• tango_jd's Profile Photo

by tango_jd Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 2:30 AM

The obvious answer would be as near to the city centre as possible but there are many hotels situated along Osborne Road - which is a little way out. However, the centre is well-served by the metro which is quick and easy to use. The smart modern waterfront properties are probably the nicest - but may come at a price. I think there are a couple over the Tyne bridge just into Gateshead

• geordieontour's Profile Photo

by geordieontour Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 5:24 AM

lmarinel wrote:
    What is the best area to stay in? We are arriving by train and it would be great to know the best area to stay within walking distance to some great sites. Thanks!

the answers in the question, anywhere around the station, depending on budget, but everthing is within walking distance, and compact.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines