change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Advice on Burslem, Please?

Stoke-upon-Trent Apr 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Hi. It looks like I'm going to have to relocate from the East Midlands to Burslem and I really need the (sensible) advice of Stoke residents about a particular neighbourhood.

It's the Joseph Street/Billinge Street/Lyndhurst Street neighbourhood, on the north side of Newcastle Street.

Is it a bearable area to live in? Or does it have any sort of a reputation for stuff like antisocial student behaviour or any other kind of antisocial behaviour?

I must say it looks pretty seedy on Google Street View, but then that's Stoke for you, isn't it? It's an unpretentious, scuffed sort of post-industrial city and famous for it, but the folk who live there are supposed to be okay. Mind you, I appreciate that areas can change very swiftly indeed these days due to economic migration, so frankly I don't know what to assume about that particular neighbourhood.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks.

more
    • GillianSaunders@vtmail.com

by GillianSaunders Online Now Oct 31, 2006 at 4:02 AM

Please are you able to tell me where the Bankrupt shop is in Newcastle under Lyme where they sell curtain fabrics?

1 Answer Feb 24, 2007 at 6:45 AM
    • afsime1's Profile Photo

Europe on $5 a Day

by afsime1 Online Now Oct 27, 2004 at 7:39 AM

Many years ago, long before VT, Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, etc. there was a book called Europe on5 and10 a Day. At the time I thought this was a huge amount of money to travel on per day and felt I could do it on much less. I was just wondering what young people today consider to be, what I used to call, a suicide budget? I suppose the major difference these days is that I used to hitch-hike which isn't common these days ... Alastair

2 Answers Nov 1, 2004 at 5:02 AM