Newcastle Travel Answers

change location
louise79nga's Profile Photo

living and working

by louise79nga Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 6:06 AM

hii.. can anyone advise me where the best area to find casual work (i have a holiday work visa) because im still deciding on where to rent aswell.. i was told these areas will give me a better chance to find work: charlestown, kotara and hamilton. i wont have a car yet so i would prefer to be close to public transport. im getting quite desparate to find a place to rent.. if anyone knows of any 1 bed appartment please let me know. looking to rent from 13th march.

hope to get some replies! thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: living and working

by katereid43 Online Now Apr 4, 2007 at 3:14 AM

Darby Street is a street full of cafes and resteraunts and is a short walk to the centre of town (Hunter Street) and beaches. You can get public transport (buses, trains) from Hunter street to anywhere easily. This suburb is called Newcastle East. The Hill and Mereweather are the next suburbs but are a bit more upmarket and rent would be more expensive. I advise you look for accommodation in Hamilton or Newcastle East because Beaumont Street (Hamilton) and Darby Street and Hunter Street (Newcastle East) are the main commercial streets where you could find casual employment.

Otherwise Kotara and Charlestown have shopping centres where you could look for a job and I think rent would be cheaper there as these suburbs are further from the beach and centre of town

Good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • louise79nga's Profile Photo

Re: living and working

by louise79nga Online Now Apr 14, 2007 at 10:08 PM

thank you katereid43 for your very useful info.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines