Newcastle Travel Answers

change location

Transportation to Byron

by Valerie31 Online Now Dec 17, 2006 at 5:57 PM

Hey everyone, I'll be going up to Newcaslte from Sydney by train, and i was told this was the last stop. Is it possible to catch a bus at this same station (scott n watt intersection) to get to byron bay? Also, would anyone know a website where i might find some resourceful information abut the bus system in newcastle. thanks for any help
~Val

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • wombles's Profile Photo

RE: Transportation to Byron

by wombles Online Now Dec 17, 2006 at 7:03 PM

countrylink.info/timetables/...

You can get a country link train (and bus for the last section) from Broadmeadow (just before Newcastle) to Byron Bay so you would have to get a train from Newcastle (scott st) to Broadmeadow to meet the countrylink train.

www.131500.com.au gives info in Sydeny public transport including trains to Broadmeadow and Newcastle.

http://www.newcastlebuses.info/ Has info on the Newcastle bus and ferry system.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • unravelau's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Transportation to Byron

by unravelau Online Now Jan 8, 2007 at 2:08 AM

Do you have to stop at Newcastle? I am wondering because I am pretty sure that you can take a train from Sydney that will take you all the way to Byron Bay without changing to a bus.....it will also stop at Broadmeadow. But the best idea is to go directly if you don't need to be in Newcastle.

Iandsmith is a local resident in Newcastle and would be able to give you more information about that area if you send him a vtmail.
    Carole.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines