Newcastle Travel Answers

change location

Moving to Newcastle

by mellllllll Online Now Aug 7, 2006 at 3:34 AM

I currently live in Melbourne and have decided I need a change from the BIG city. Ive heard Newcastle is quite a nice place to go. I really just want a few more opinions. Im a single 28 year old female so really Im looking for a good night life and good people. Is the nightlife any good? What is the price of houses to share if you live a bit out of the city CBD? Is it a friendly city?

I appreciate any feedback

Mel

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • paulinuk2u's Profile Photo

RE: Moving to Newcastle

by paulinuk2u Online Now Aug 10, 2006 at 8:56 AM

good place to get drunk newcastle thats what lots of the women do there, lots of bars pubs,drunken women

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • iandsmith's Profile Photo

RE: Moving to Newcastle

by iandsmith Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 3:00 PM

One thing you won't miss is the winter. We don't have it up here.
    If you live reasonably near to the city you can get out in 15 minutes to the open road, it's that easy.
    You've got Australia's largest salt water lake on your doorstep and stunning Port Stephens just up the road.
    Nightlife is good (so my children inform me!) and, with over 4,000 cafes and restaurants listed you won't go short of food either.
    I've travelled a fair bit, though not as far as many on VT and the one thing I find better here than anywhere I've been is - LIFESTYLE. It just doesn't get any better.
    Prices of houses would range from about250,000 up to whatever you want to pay. There are some cheaper but apartments are also something you might want to consider. There's a boom on in those at the moment.
    Definitely a friendly city, very laid back. Just go for a walk along the beaches or foreshore any afternoon and you'll find that out.
    Cheers.

• paulinuk2u's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Moving to Newcastle

by paulinuk2u Online Now Aug 18, 2006 at 12:15 AM

me stupid should read properly,thought you were going to uk newcastle

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Moving to Newcastle

by iandsmith Online Now Aug 18, 2006 at 1:56 AM

It's obviously too much time in the pub Paul!
    Cheers

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines