Newcastle Travel Answers

change location
carlo5's Profile Photo

Going from Lima, Peru to Newcastle NSW

by carlo5 Online Now Mar 20, 2006 at 12:55 PM

Hi mates,
Im from Lima planning to visit Newcastle in a few weeks for the first time. I need some advise as I dont know anyone on town. what should I visit?. Where can I found cheap acommodations near the Wickham area?. what should I be aware of? If it secure place to visit? What I must see? . How can get to Newcastle from Sydney (where I'll be arriving from).By the way, If anyone wants to visit Lima,Peru I'll be happy to show you around. Regards to everyone. Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • skretchmer's Profile Photo

RE: Going from Lima, Peru to Newcastle NSW

by skretchmer Online Now Mar 20, 2006 at 8:46 PM

Australia in general is a very safe place there would be no need to take extra security precautions. There is a train link Newcastle to Sydney also buses. Maybe others have more information of sights and accommodation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • carlo5's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Going from Lima, Peru to Newcastle NSW

by carlo5 Online Now Mar 21, 2006 at 8:24 AM

Thank you for your quick reply. Have you been to Wickham before?

• RE: Going from Lima, Peru to Newcastle NSW

by nathanjrutherford Online Now Mar 22, 2006 at 7:19 AM

hey buddy, im from newcastle but livin abroad at moment, newcastle is very safe and a wicked place for girls, beaches and alrite for nightlife, the wickham,hamilton,waratah areas are your best for cheap,safe close to town and beaches area,
    double check but bus is cheaper but takes longer than train (bus=3-4hrs)where train is bout 2ish.

things to see would be fort scratchly, blackbutt nature reserve(free) and try check out a rugby league game (newcastle knights) its gr8 atmosphere and not expensive, also just checkout beautiful beaches, nobbys,merewether..etc all along coast.

good luck enjoy newcastle and if need anymore info reply here or to me at nathanjrutherford@hotmail.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines