Newcastle Travel Answers

change location
kumar77's Profile Photo

Train ride to Sydney

by kumar77 Online Now Mar 17, 2005 at 11:29 PM

I'll be in Newcastle for a week and then I'll be travelling to Sydney. I'm planning to travel to Sydney on the train. Is it possible to place my luggage in the train? Is there any compartment to place luggage or do I have to have it with me all the time?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Train ride to Sydney

by jimmy777 Online Now Mar 17, 2005 at 11:40 PM

hey mate, i live in newcastle, if you are just catching a normal train, then yes you will have to take your luggage with you. Trains are rarely full so you will have no trouble getting your own seat to sydney. how long have you been in oz? and in newcastle? did you like newcastle? what did you do here? Yeh, so the train is pretty cheap, and getting your luggage on board may be a bit of a hassle but it will be fine once on. it is a lovely train trip as well. ok, good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kumar77's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Train ride to Sydney

by kumar77 Online Now Mar 18, 2005 at 12:36 AM

Thanks for the info Jimmy. I'll be coming to Newcastle in May 2005. Gonna stay for a week and then will be heading to Sydney for a short 4 days vacation. I'm planning on taking the CityRail train from Newcastle to Sydney. I checked out the price and it was about AU$17. I hope to be able to find a seat and some space for my luggage as well. Thanks again.......

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines