Newcastle Travel Answers

change location
Zanzibargirl's Profile Photo

Missing Home

by Zanzibargirl Online Now Sep 19, 2004 at 3:23 AM

Hi, I am a novocastrian away from home. Would love to hear from some locals what is happening now that I am away from home. Feeling kinda homesick. Whats happening down south? Cheers Sheryn

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • iandsmith's Profile Photo

Re: Missing Home

by iandsmith Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 1:18 PM

We've had rain. Lots of rain. In fact, before the month's even finished it's the most for 30 years for an October. Other than that it looks like the big rock that fell on the road at South Newcastle is going to stay there and the road will be permanently closed but a walkway will be constructed around it. The new homes where the old woolsheds used to be at Carrington are nearly finished and it's so much more colourful than it used to be. The block of flats at Newcastle Beach where the motel used to be are up to their height but still have a way to go before completion. We had a couple of horrible road accidents. One at Thornton where a young guy wrapped his ute around a tree at huge speed and it disintegrated. His old man was out for a walk and was among the first to see it. Then there was a head on with two P-platers just north of the Stockton Golf course and three people were killed and again one vehicle disintegrated. Even worse (if it's possible) is that the people knew each other. Visited Hunter Valley Gardens last Sunday - absolutely superb (it's all in my Pokolbin pages). About all I can conjure up at a moment's notice. Cheers, Ian

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines