Newcastle Travel Answers

change location
Sjalen's Profile Photo

Expat Swedes

by Sjalen Online Now Oct 29, 2003 at 1:18 PM

G'day all Newcastlers - I just wonder if anyone knows a Swedish family around Newcastle. I know of someone there who is a bit desperate to let her young children speak Swedish to other children and she hasn't found anyone around there on typical Swedish expat sites...

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • australia2's Profile Photo

Re: Expat Swedes

by australia2 Online Now Nov 1, 2003 at 2:46 AM

I have just tried Google and as usual there are quite a few sites re Newcastle and Swedish together. Most of them are involved with the Newcastle University. So that would be a very good place to start in person. There surely would be some Swedish speaking parent(s) on staff. In Google search ( www.google.com > ), enter "au newcastle swedish " and "Go" .- and stand back. It's called "Googling"! You can call up the Australian Google but I have installed their Search facility on my browser permantly and just direct to countries by prefix. Please let me know by e-mail how you go. Good luck. Laurie.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Expat Swedes

by Sjalen Online Now Nov 3, 2003 at 12:46 AM

Haha, yes I know what Googling is :-))) I just assumed she had already done that I suppose (it is a friend of a friend) but why should I assume that? I'll forward your helpful tip thanks :-)

• Re: Re: Expat Swedes

by Thaiholiday Online Now Nov 30, 2004 at 1:33 AM

A suggestion is to contact Newcastle University. You would find that there is a good chance that they may have academics or students from Sweeden at the faculty which may help you.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines