Newcastle Travel Answers

change location
Maycon_Romero's Profile Photo

How is NewCastle

by Maycon_Romero Online Now Oct 8, 2003 at 11:31 AM

I going to NewCastle in november for study in University of NewCastle. How is the City? It's possiblie worked and live in the city?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Mez77's Profile Photo

Re: How is NewCastle

by Mez77 Online Now Oct 8, 2003 at 8:03 PM

I live and work in Newcastle. It's a great city. What specifically do you want to know? I can probably help. Mia

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • aqazi's Profile Photo

by aqazi Online Now Oct 8, 2003 at 11:43 PM

Go to the video library and see if they have a copy of "boys from the blackstuff" its a bbc film full of jordies (people from n'casle). Also remember to say whyIman to every one and make sure you say "I love the Magpie" and not "Sunderland are ace" that'll avoid you getting your head kicked in.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Re: How is NewCastle

by Sjalen Online Now Oct 9, 2003 at 2:06 AM

Ehm, Agazi, he's posted this in Newcastle, Australia...

• Maycon_Romero's Profile Photo

by Maycon_Romero Online Now Oct 9, 2003 at 3:15 AM

I going to do Physical Education in University Of NewCastle. Is it very good? Can you sent the email for maycon_romero@virtualtourist.com Tanks Maycon

• aqazi's Profile Photo

by aqazi Online Now Oct 9, 2003 at 12:44 PM

You're right, I hadn't considered there might be another Newcastle. Even here in Canada there is a Newcastle, and I've just remembered I've been to see my Aunty who lives in Newcastle in South Africa!! Sorry for all the confusion but still going roung saying WhyIman is surely going to make you a lot of friends Az...

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

by iandsmith Online Now Apr 5, 2004 at 4:50 PM

Are you talking about Newcastle, Australia.

• Re: How is NewCastle

by emmalieh Online Now Apr 5, 2004 at 5:06 PM

Hi, I live in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia. The University here is massive and employs the majority of people that live here. There is plenty to see and do, the beaches, the Hunter Valley and Port Stephens will keep you busy on the weekends. The Physical Education course is good and very practical ( a few of my friends have done and still do it). Jobs are easy to get especially jobs in bars, cafes and as you will be coming here in November, lots of places hire more people over Christams with the possibiltiy of this work to continue after the Xmas period. There is a big nightlife here, lots of pubs, clubs in close proximity to each other. If you would like any extra help, on areas to live etc, that are close to the uni, just write me an e-mail and I will get back to you asap. You will enjoy your time in Newcastle immensly! Also there is a huge international student community.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines